The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Rockhold performance was the definition of the entire sport. Old lion going up against the new breed and holding his own

Him reacting to those punches was hilarious. But you can't say that he was looking for a way out and again, he would have taken it to Costa when he was in his prime. It was also cool seeing Hooft and Purillo coaching together

Was wondering what luke did that was so bad. The rubbing his bloody face onto costa's was gross but not anything too crazy.

Classy in defeat. Agree with Usman he f’d up. Maybe had a false sense of security with how he was taking Edwards down at will and how broken Edwards looked. Guess this is what happens when the champ takes a risk to get the finish vs playing it safe and turtling for a decision. Wonder if Izzy feels justified in not opening up in recent fights and just winning on points.

But that said, this is why I felt Volk was the best p4p. He took the highest p4p ranked challenger and dominated, controlled, and damaged him all the way through.

After what Volk did to prime Max, you couldn't have him any lower than #2. He went out and proved it

But let's be honest, let's not get too down on Usman. He was going to beat Leon 4-1 or 3-2 at worst. There was never any moments of doubt in that fight before the head kick

Usman still seemed motivated and hungry, so more credit to Leon for landing that. The rematch should be very interesting. Chimaev now may have to wait which sucks but I think he could definitely beat Leon or Usman

After what Volk did to prime Max, you couldn't have him any lower than #2. He went out and proved it

But let's be honest, let's not get too down on Usman. He was going to beat Leon 4-1 or 3-2 at worst. There was never any moments of doubt in that fight before the head kick

Usman still seemed motivated and hungry, so more credit to Leon for landing that. The rematch should be very interesting. Chimaev now may have to wait which sucks but I think he could definitely beat Leon or Usman

After seeing Khamzat fight out of character and overly excited under the bright lights against Burns, I really didn’t mind if he needed another fight or 2 before getting his shot. Maybe the path is Diaz, Colby (or wait,) then title shot?

After seeing Khamzat fight out of character and overly excited under the bright lights against Burns, I really didn’t mind if he needed another fight or 2 before getting his shot. Maybe the path is Diaz, Colby (or wait,) then title shot?
They could definitely do that ... now that Leon won, it changes everything..

I was really looking forward to Usman v Chimaev though

Had buddies saying usman would wash izzy. Dont think that would happen.

I won money on leon but he better up that gas tank in the rematch since he was down 4-1 if the ko happened

Edwards beats khamzat if they pass on the usman fight which they shouldn't imo

Had buddies saying usman would wash izzy. Dont think that would happen.

I won money on leon but he better up that gas tank in the rematch since he was down 4-1 if the ko happened

Edwards beats khamzat if they pass on the usman fight which they shouldn't imo
Dunno if Usman is as strong as Jan

But if it wasn't already obvious, only way Usman beats Izzy is by hugging and laying on him

I don't see any way Usman competes at 205... not even the not top 5...

Leon won that first rd soundly and had some chances at rnc. Did a bit gnp.

Consider Usman won the next 3.75 rds. Leon took barely any damage. Just a lot of wrestling ****ing or lay and pray.

UFC-278-Leon-Edwards-post-fight-interview.jpg

Dunno if Usman is as strong as Jan

But if it wasn't already obvious, only way Usman beats Izzy is by hugging and laying on him

I don't see any way Usman competes at 205... not even the not top 5...

As great as he is Kamaru beating Izzy is laughable... Nobody at 185 been able to control him nevermind 170.

Only guy in the division I would give a remote shot is Khamzat due to his size and his grappling/submission pedigree.

Leon won that first rd soundly and had some chances at rnc. Did a bit gnp.

Consider Usman won the next 3.75 rds. Leon took barely any damage. Just a lot of wrestling ****ing or lay and pray.

UFC-278-Leon-Edwards-post-fight-interview.jpg
Leon got dominated.

Usman ****ed up and because he wanted to be cocky got caught. Fight shouldn't have been interfered.... if thats thw case Usman could of have been separated in every round if he wasn't doing damage.

Good for Leon though. Took advantage of all those opportunities and pulled through ...

Usman wasn’t being cocky when he got dropped lol…he simply bit on the feint and Leon threw a picture perfect kick.

Maybe, I felt like he possibly smelled blood and was engaging more than he needed to looking for a finish. But who knows maybe the same setup still gets him even if he’s on full defensive coast to decision mode.

Totally forgot there was a card
Looks like usman got caught at the very end
I assume they run that back asap

Usman appeared to be mentally exhausted as well. He fell for the feint and Edwards saw that he was falling for it and slipped in the kick. The kick was so quick that Usman didn't realize he was leaning into it.

Head kick KO is like walk off Homerun for the World Series and buzzer beater for the ring combined but y’all want him not to talk that **** loll

Look, he only landed a sensational head kick KO on the #1 P4P fighter on the planet, in the final minute of a fight that he was losing on every scorecard.

I really don't see a reason for Leon to be celebrating @ all.

Back
Top Bottom