The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Even an old Paul Daley had atomic bombs in his hands compared to colby. Completely different matchup dynamic and fight camp prep. They also had a heated buildup which led to quick gas out in the cage

Leon couldn’t put colby away but with each passing day it gets worse for his body
That's what I'm saying. Paul Daley was taking him down with no setups and holding him there with ease after he didn't want to stand with mvp anymore. Kevin took him down and controlled him for a bit during their fight too and he has nowhere near the top control them dudes got.

Same can also be said for MVP getting old. Man's about their age and his entire game relies on his timing/reflex.

I'm not saying he has absolutely no chance of winning but if he does it won't be a fun watch. It might actually look just like the Daley fight :lol:

Just keep him in potential fire fights and hope he falls upward. It's not like beating Colby or Usman would get him a title shot right away.

Tank and Ryan sold about the same and made 50 and 30 mil. Mans needs to negotiate better.
I be doubting these boxing #'s

I've also heard guys might get a decent bag, but its not a LUMP sum....apparently Al Haymon be having doods on monthly allowances.

I'm just trying to understand where all this money from boxing is being generated from....do the PPV's really be selling 1mil+

I'm skeptical.

I won’t say the money is real. Or if it’s all hype.

But it seems like ya got more methods to make the money due to the lack of lock in. You got promoters, streaming platforms, Saudis, etc throwing cash at these boxers.

Boxing can never have a UFC 300 (or 100). You’ll never really see a three championship headliners. Plus up and down there’s probably more high level talent (I mean names).

I would never get geeked by Randy Couture versus Jiri Or Poatan like that July Netflix abomination. But I think that’s just a symptom of the current streaming platform opportunities. Something MMA doesn’t quite have.

I be doubting these boxing #'s

I've also heard guys might get a decent bag, but its not a LUMP sum....apparently Al Haymon be having doods on monthly allowances.
Yet you believe the UFC ppv numbers because Dana said it? :lol:

None of these ppv numbers are totally accurate ever since streaming services keep it all tight. Cable companies were always accurate when releasing numbers. You'll get "leaks" from reliable sources but they are pretty much in the ballpark maybe 100-150k boosted at most.

Theres always been talk about Al Haymon being dirty. He put a lot of Floyd's pay on the back end iirc. That's no different then how UFC fighters get paid ppv points. Fight purses only get paid out in full. If you're a champ getting ppv points, it gets paid out over a duration of time.

I remember Bisping saying he was still getting checks from the GSP fight 4 years later. Volk didn't see his first ppv check from Max 2 about 18 months after the fight.
I'm just trying to understand where all this money from boxing is being generated from....do the PPV's really be selling 1mil+

I'm skeskeptical
I mean its really not complicated. Boxing purses aren't just made up of ppvs, it's everything. Ticket sales, ppv sales, ad revenue/sponsors, cable distribution, site fees. Purses are just divided more equally between fighters and promoter. I believe the promoters are capped at 33% of total purse in the USA.

Why do you think all these fights are happening in Saudi and the Middle East all of a sudden? They pay premium site fees. Saudi paid UFC 25 mil for a non title fight card, Fury Usyk for over 150 mil.

Back
Top Bottom