The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Brock couldn't live with that decision to not go back. It has haunted him. Doesn't want to have regrets about not coming back.

Felt like he was cheated out his career bc of his disease. Feels like he never lost to an opponent. He lost to the disease. He feels great today. Doesn't have to fake it. This is for real.

He is going to fight Mark Hunt.

Hannah Storm asked Brock about Ariel Helwanis ban. Brock replied with "I don't even know who he is".

Yeah, if Brock is mad at you then you better watch out.

dana is a piece of ish. Too negative? Helwani reports news, he's a damn reporter. Such bs. You can't even report about the ufc if you work at fox sports or go to the events because they only want nice stories about their company. I don't see the major sports leagues doing this crap. The nfl gets pooped on all the time by media and former players.

Brock got balls to agree to Mark Hunt.
Brock still has a good takedown in 2016, right?
Hannah Storm asked Brock about Ariel Helwanis ban. Brock replied with "I don't even know who he is".
Props to Brock! No matter how much he's getting paid, to get in there with Hunto is commendable. Not to mention Brock DOESN'T need money anyway. GOOD LUCK

Also lmao at Brock's trolling. Why he gotta do Ariel like that breh

Brock got balls to agree to Mark Hunt.
Brock still has a good takedown in 2016, right?

I don't think a wrestler that was as good as he was loses takdedown ability. It just didn't work against velasquez who is also a good wrestler with good tdd.

Problem is will Brock even be able to get in range for take downs. Was always his problem (his stand up) besides the health

Last edited:
I was surprised as hell to see shane carwin tweet about wanting to fight him again. Dude came out of isolation.

Too bad cm punk is injured. Would've liked to have seen a rematch of their summerslam match in a cage this time.

Carwin fishing for that red panty night. I wouldn't eem be surprised if Carwin has to work a regular 9-5 these days

Props to match making on this, I feel like it actually is a legit good match up. It would be a legit W for Hunt if he takes it

Would be cool if Brock fights at all the hundred events. He was awesome at ufc 100 and now he's going to be at 200. Already anticipating his matchup at 300.

I don't think a wrestler that was as good as he was loses takdedown ability. It just didn't work against velasquez who is also a good wrestler with good tdd.

You're right. I just haven't been up on Brock since Overeem crushed his taste for MMA.
Seems crazy to come back 5 years later. Admirable but crazy.
I hope he's prepared.

Would be scary if he's been training MMA this whole time. Or even for a year. The way they're making it known that's it's a one time deal, makes me think otherwise....

Last edited:
Ariel Helwani was on Dan Patrick earlier and confirmed that he was fired from FOX bc UFC told them to do it. Lorenzo Isn't a fan of Ariel and was supposedly the one who made the call to ban him. MMA hour is gonna be a good listen today.

I like the coverage they get on fs1 except for all the butt kissing they do. I want a real coverage show, not some brown nosing people they put on tv. espn can criticize them when they want to but not a fan of gil or chael on tv.

Has anyone in the industry come to Ariel's defense?
:smh: Upsetting situation.
He is the epitome of great MMA journalism.

Last edited:
Ariel is plain and simply one of the best personalities in all of sports. He knows his stuff and has a way of conveying that is unmatched

He also seems like a good person

ufc treating people like garbage and always get away with it. Fighters, reporters, cut-men.

this is a really bad look for Dana and the UFC. Ariel def sounds pissed right now and he has every right to be.

All this happening with Ariel makes me pissed off.

He was the only one asking good questions at these pressers other than the obvious bs like "This is the biggest fight of your career. How does that make you feel?" :smh:

Dude is knowledgeable in every aspect of this sport, and he's fair.

They need to make this right or they're going to continue to look like idiots.

Back
Top Bottom