The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Not sure if I'm in the majority or minority but I felt this card didn't live up to the hype overall..on paper it was good but I truly felt it didn't deliver overall

All three nights were flames man.

-Alvarez winning the title
-JJ putting on a damn clinic last night
-Cain throwing f'n spinning wheel kicks as a HW
-All finishes in the FP prelims
-Aldo/Edgar showcasing pure technical MMA ability
-Brock beating a top HW after 5 years off
-Nunes torching Tate

What a time to be a fight fan man

This.

Jones DC would've been the ultimate cherry on top.

Jon Jones Get your **** together we're waiting for you.

At least Frankie lost :pimp:

Aldo looked way bigger than Frankie

Frankie used to be the lightweight champ

:wow:

So his career is over now right? Just a Gatekeeper now? 2 chances at the belt at 145, he not going up to 155 to fight his friend Alvarez.

I guess he could try to see if Conor wins the belt and try to campaign for that fight.

Otherwise he mind as well go to Bellator.

Last edited:
Alvarez has to fight Aldo next right?

also, DC better thank whoever he prays to that Bones bombed out. DC looked AWFUL!
"I did what I had to do" Nah, you did the only thing u could do, lay and pray. His stand up is so weak. And Anderson was pawing jabs and only leg kicked like 3 times. Smh

*Omar Little*
DC is not the man for the people

Last edited:
He can't beat aldo but I think he can move back up beat a lot of the top lightweights.

I thought he'd go the other way. Down to 135.

It doesn't LOOK good to the layperson. Constantly going down in weight. But he should have never been fighting 155 like he did and was a champ.

Barely cuts for 145 and just can't beat the one dude most other fighters have trouble beating.

135 is probably his true weight class based on his natural weight and the amount that most fighters cut when they fight.

Aldo looked HUGE compared to him in that ring. My guess is McGregor would too.

But the UFC got what it seems they wanted. Which is the very real possibility that Edgar and McGregor never fight.

I think the Aldo that fought last night beats Conor.

Frankie wins 5 fights in a row, loses to the LONG time champ, and cats talking about BELLATOR?!?!?!

Kids say the darndest :lol:

Last edited:
Aldo my dude!
pimp.gif

Pure class from him last night and looked a lot better from a physical stand point than UFC 194.

When level headed and not mind **** this is the best Aldo.

200 was pretty much what I expected, it never looked that dope on paper imo.

Aldo Edgar was probably gonna be a chess match like the first fight with Aldo taking it, it was good to see him back to form but I figured it wouldn't get too crazy. I mess with Aldo but he's had plenty cruise control 5 round decisions in his title reign.

Cain vs Browne was a squash match that I didn't give a **** about

I also don't give a **** about Brock and he was either gonna smother hunt or get KO'd

Had a feeling nunes would wreck Tate so I was slightly interested to see that one

And I'm probably in the minority here, but Bones Cornier 1 wasn't even THAT great of a fight to me. It was cool because it was two top guys in the sport going at it and they disliked each other but the fight itself wasn't that dope to me, a lot of dirty boxing and in-fighting, it was just a war of attrition, wasn't necessarily GREAT to watch. Bones-Gus, Cormier-Gus, Rumble-Cormier, Rumble-Gus were all more exciting, and it actually felt like somebody could possibly end it inside of 5 rounds in those fights (and did in some).

After bones popped I was just interested to see Aldo return and I was hyped for RDA-Alvarez and JJ-Gadaelha because I wasn't sure what'd happen in any of those fights.

And to the guy talking about mma taking over boxing, its always somebody that doesn't regularly post in here that wants to start comparing mma and boxing. Most people don't give a **** about the comparisons, they just want to see good fights. And alot of people like myself watch both anyway, its not either or.

U mad Doggy?

Frankie the new Kenny Florian.

Mind as well become a commentator.

For real I wouldn't mind seeing Frankie vs. TJ, Cruz, Barao

Last edited:
All three nights were flames man.

-Alvarez winning the title
-JJ putting on a damn clinic last night
-Cain throwing f'n spinning wheel kicks as a HW
-All finishes in the FP prelims
-Aldo/Edgar showcasing pure technical MMA ability
-Brock beating a top HW after 5 years off
-Nunes torching Tate

What a time to be a fight fan man
Yea if you look back at it and put it like that the only downer was DC vs Silva but it went how it suppose to go.

Florian?!?!? Thank you for solidifying my point :lol:

Back to reality though....Frankie my guy but Cruz is a nightmare of anyone unless someone can put power shots on him or get his legs out.

So Aldo MIGHT be his most dangerous match up.

Guys like Frankie, TJ, who rely on movement.....he's gonna out move them IMO.

Same with DJ.

Last edited:
:lol:

You a wild boy.

Even as a fan, I get it though. Him touching a belt again may not be in the cards. Plenty of good fights left out there for him though.

Down for Max/Edgar at this point which is still a tough fight for him. Curious if the UFC does this and risks derailing Max.

Maybe a fight with Cruz which would still be a fun fight.

After that, if I were him, I'd consider going the Cerrone route and just floating between 2-3 divisions.

U mad Doggy?

Frankie the new Kenny Florian.

Mind as well become a commentator.

For real I wouldn't mind seeing Frankie vs. TJ, Cruz, Barao

My man :smokin

View media item 2090250
Yes, let that lame go to 135 so TJ and especially Dom can point score his *** into retirement. He'll get fast tracked there too, so we wouldn't have to here the complaints of him not getting a tittle shot.

Aldo in there making that fool looking like a sparring partner, Frankie should stop wasting everyone's time (including his) at 145.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom