The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

He got ko'ed by no power bisping. He should've retired right after that loss. Beyond humiliating.

Last edited:
New weight cutting rules to take effect at UFC 214. Guarantee DC gets effected by this

I just read up on the new CSAC weight cutting rules. Wow. It's obviously for the safety of the fighters but it's going to take a major shift in culture before it's normalized and accepted.

It would affect both DC and JBJ. JBJ is older now and at the press conference his face looked a lot bigger, which might mean he's still lifting. There's a lot of fighters this would affect. I think I heard RDA mention he walked around 190 or more. We KNOW Hendricks walks around real heavy.

New weight cutting rules to take effect at UFC 214. Guarantee DC gets effected by this

I just read up on the new CSAC weight cutting rules. Wow. It's obviously for the safety of the fighters but it's going to take a major shift in culture before it's normalized and accepted.

It would affect both DC and JBJ. JBJ is older now and at the press conference his face looked a lot bigger, which might mean he's still lifting. There's a lot of fighters this would affect. I think I heard RDA mention he walked around 190 or more. We KNOW Hendricks walks around real heavy.

JBJ said he walks around at 225-230 so he'll need to start walking around at 220-225

D.C. On the other hand walks around at 240+ he had to cheat to make weight his last fight. So yeah good luck to him.

I just want them to fight, damnit. I want to see post-suspension Jones. I want to see if we've been believing a lie for years. Because if Cormier destroys him, while I won't slap an asterisk next to all his wins, I'd be less inclined to put him at GOAT status. Why steroids? :smh:

That would be a huge asterisk. He hasn't fought in more than a year, so it could be ring rust (which is a thing). And he got popped last year after he started his new work-out regime.

The only thing he got popped for during his initial DC fight was the snow white, which he bragged about last week.

JBJ, honestly, seemed to be an MMA prodigy, mixture of height, speed, skill.

Jones has fought once a year for the last three years (this year will make it once a year for four years)

He's going to be rusty

Last edited:
Dustin and Eddie in the most unagressive trash talk lol. Eddies wrestling, where'd it go??

Wasn't he 0 for 4 or something on attempts

If dc beats jones do we want an immediate rematch. That division is short on contenders and no manuwa ain't no match for dc

If dc loses I wanna see him go upto hw and give stipe a test, besides Cain ain't nobody there to give him a run and who knows his status

Eddie didn't use his wrestling against Conor and same against Dustin. I'd rather watch him brawl but I wonder if it's a mindset or if it's just by coincidence

Also if D.C. Beats jones you have to think rematch and then D.C. Retirement

I don't know why Bellator is doing their card this Saturday instead of Friday.

There's a **** ton of good Boxing on Saturday night and Friday would have been gold.

Seems like for the most part the big UFC events and the big Boxing events steer clear of each other.

I think with the Conor fight, Eddie got caught really early and that made him hesitant to come in and wrestle with conor. His biggest fear was getting KOd and in trying to prevent that from happening, he didn't do the one thing that would minimize the chances of that happening: wrestling

Btw, bisping now claiming his knee is hurt so he can't fight anyway. He is holding to his match with Gsp lmaoooo

Bisping wants a chance for that red panty

JBJ also had an entire camp, OSP had 5 days to prepare for one of the greatest fighters ever, :lol:

JBJ should've whooped OSP's ***.

Conor got his *** whipped fighting Nate Diaz on 10 days notice. Late notice can be a *****.

OSP is an entirely different fight to plan for than Cormier, he's also much taller, longer, more awkward, and he's shown he has the power to put dudes out.

I think Jones is more of a gameplanning guy and came in tentative because of the lack of prep + ring rust + OSP long, kind of awkward standup.

I think Jones should still be able to beat Cormier though because despite the layoff, Cormier is only getting older, he's coming off surgeries, he struggled to make 205 his last fight, and he hasn't really looked particularly impressive or improved in any of his recent fights. It'll be interesting

Last edited:
Improved? He's dominated Rumble and Gustafson.

Dude was the uncrowned HW champion. And besides a coked out JBJ, he hasn't lost.

I agree on there possibly being weight issues which could affect his next fight.

And Cruz is the exception on the ring rust. He looked great in his fights with TJ and Mizagaki (sp).

Also GSP looked good post knee surgery against Condit.

Back
Top Bottom