The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

You just hate Cyborg, get over it

My distaste for Cyborg has little to do with the statement.

They're talking about closing the 125 division that has a crazy amount of talent around the world because DJ makes them all look like amateurs. Yet they made a division for a broad that roided til she couldn't make her old weight class with little other opposition around.

Who does the winner fight? Are they going to continue to force 135ers to move up and fight at 145? They should have just stripped De Randamie and closed the division. It's worthless.

They're not really going to close 125 especially when they're opening a women's 125. That was Dana just trying to throw his nuts around to force DJ to accept the fight.

DJ correctly called his bluff

People enjoy the Cyborg spectacle, so long as she's still KO'ing these broads everyone will tune in. And if by the off chance Megan wins, you run it back and created a new star

Last edited:
I wonder if Conor will have to wear Reebok shorts. He could easily make more than the $100 million projection if he can wear his own shorts with his own sponsors.
This is from his manager:
 [h3]“He’s currently a free agent with regard to athletic apparel,” Attar said. “We’re still in discussions with Reebok and other brands.[/h3][h3]“We let a lot of our deals lapse, so there’s a lot of open categories that we’ve been negotiating from different brands — including Reebok.”[/h3]

McGregor is fighting Mayweather under a separate promotion from the UFC so he’s not beholden to the promotion’s exclusive clothing deal with Reebok, who makes the fight kids worth by all competitors inside the Octagon.

Attar added that McGregor could potentially work with another apparel brand such as Nike and that’s what he would wear inside the ring to face Mayweather, although that wouldn’t extend to his fights in the UFC.
http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...l-deal-ahead-of-floyd-mayweather-fight-061917

get that bag conor  
nthat.gif

Thought Nike had no interest in MMA? I mean that's what they told Jon Jones when they didn't resign him

Nike probably doesn't have interest in MMA. This would be a one off deal and it would be in boxing, not MMA

Smart move by Nike if they get in

McGOAT is never stepping foot in the octagon after securing these bags.

I can't imagine him fighting for just 10 million again.

McGOAT is never stepping foot in the octagon after securing these bags.

I can't imagine him fighting for just 10 million again.
In a more dangerous sport, as well

I wonder if Conor tries to fight Manny or someone else in boxing rather than go back to MMA

It's been said by himself in the past and by those around him recently that MMA is his true passion. I'm still holding out hope he returns to MMA but it would make sense if he never did

I can't imagine clearly over a 100 million then doing the same training for just 10 million.

To put that in perspective, he'd have to fight 10 times in one year to match that potential pay day.

I think you're right about Pacman but that'll be dependant on him not getting completely outclassed by Mayweather

I think Conor runs it back with Nate one last time. He'll try to transfer some of the mayweather hype over to the UFC. 

If Conor makes it all 12 rounds on his feet and somehow manages to do better than expected, yeah it'll probably raise his MMA price and in that case maybe he does end up fighting again.

If he gets his *** whipped and stopped in like 6 or 7 rounds though I dunno, not a good look. Might mess with his credibiity. But maybe people (rightfully) give him a pass because it's a different sport, who knows. I think his casual support drops off some if he gets ****** up tho.

Just saw Wanderlei Silva on the street.

You forget how short all of these guys are in real life. It's kind of crazy.  They all look huge in the ring.

Not that dude wasn't built like a fire hydrant.  Enormous head too.

I think he's only 5'9-5'10. Short for someone who spent a long time at lhw.

Last edited:
I've met Fedor, Arlovski, Nick, Nate, Rashad, Wanderlei, Chuck, Tito, and a ton of other MMA fighters, but nobody is bigger in person than Rumble. That guy is a different type of human. Dude is legit built like Patrick Willis.

Boxing matches are usually longer. And you can argue that being a master at one craft takes no less time and dedication than being a jack of 3/4 trades.

As for danger, Conor should be fine in the Floyd fight but a fight against a guy like Manny could result in him eating an ungodly amount of punches (similar to what he did against Nate, because Nate is a skilled boxer) and that would not bode well for him.

Apples and oranges and not worth comparing IMO. This is about the money more than any other factor.

Not sure what is worse
Getting peppered with hundreds of shots or a couple devastating punches that will put you to sleep

Yea I'm not sold at all on the possibility of Conor fighting again for the UFC this Dec or at all. I mean why fight for just 10-15 mil.

Back
Top Bottom