The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

I gurantee I could. Would bring back the Pride ring, announcer lady, gloves, and production value.

yall knit picking uncle dana to much,

we pretty much always get the fights we want, always.

lol @ dood thinking he could run the UFC....so how you gonna deal with a roster of 1000+ testosterone'd up alphas? What kind of background you have? Accounting? Programming? Legit pedigree in combat sports I hope or these doods will eat you alive LOL no matter how many projections and pie charts you bring to the table, these doods is stone cold killers at the end of the day. How you gonna manage all these doods egos & personalities?

You got to have a personality type like Dana's theres a reason he's still there.

Im not saying you can't but I dont think most folks understand what it really takes to keep a show like this moving....this **** is literally 365 year round, no seasons no years just events.

man thank you. UFC has like 50 shows a year 500 cats on the roster. USADa. every state commission. espn. fox. other brodcast partners. trainers, managers.

theres litterally 1k plates constantly spinning. the on paper matchmaking is like 1% of his job hah

Right, but he doesn’t run all of that lol. That’s all delegation, and if he DOES do all of that, he needs to learn how to run a company.

Not saying his job is easy, but I wish he ran it better, more data driven and wasn’t a lying a-hole.

exactlyyy but no one ever gets mad at Shawn Shelby. theres what a handful of guys that make the meaningful decisions but every part of the companys failure even those only percieved blow back on him and him alone.

im not a dana apologist either. hes bungled aLOT of situations. but lets stop with the i coulda done it way betters hah. implementing startegy can be hard when every move you make changes the variables on 100 other equations.

There’s a reason people are in the positions they’re in.

You’re choosing to type about running the UFC while Dana’s running the UFC. You the type to say “I’m better than the worst player in the nba”

Meh, disagree.

Their whole corporate structure isn’t forward thinking. Their branding is awful as well, they need to bring in someone to RUN the company.

Starting with data for matchups would be a good idea. You can start with the lower dudes and work your way up.

From an operations standpoint, I also have a lot of thoughts, but won’t bore NT with them (a buddy from B school little bro works in Strategy there).

When it comes to the hypothetical, Dana is operating under a completely different ethos than what you or I might

When it comes down to it, he pulled off one of the biggest swindles in sports and he’s still eating off ESPN. It’s difficult to criticize him when you view it under the business lens. And in combat sports, it’s the lens that matters because money is the name of the game

He’s made dollars out of .15

^this.

David Stern got a ton of hate but what he did for the NBA from a business sense was good for the game.

It’s easy to bash them as a fan, when you’re put in a position where the bottom line matters more than anything else of your job is gone, you’d be acting different too

That’s not to say I’m a fan of Dana. He’s done a lot of good but also a lot of bad. It’s a mixed bag. I think these days he’s more of a puppet doing what it takes to get the owners the quickest buck possible. Mandating thousands of cards per year is the main undoing of match making logic

But again I accept that the priority is money

He’s already set for life so he’s good. He don’t care about integrity, if he ever did in the first place

I’m speaking strictly from a business perspective, not as a fan at all.

He did a tremendous job, hands down, but as I said from the BUSINESS side, I see huge misses.

If I were an investor, I would have asked for him out or to just be the talking head (which they are trying to do to a certain degree).

It’s easy to bash them as a fan, when you’re put in a position where the bottom line matters more than anything else of your job is gone, you’d be acting different too

Lol you don’t need to tell me.

Dana doesn’t seem to/ or doesn’t report that to anyone.

I really wish he had shareholders lmao.

Last edited:
:lol: dude is in here talking like he's the CEO of some major corporation or something.

The delusion of some of the cats on here man...

I think the mandated thousand cards a year renders some logical match making moot

I would love a data driven matchmaking algorithm, even if there’s immense pressure to make so many fights in little time. I think that’s definitely possible and can still mesh with his microwave mantra

My overall outlook is that he still sold the biggest wolf ticket to the new owners and did it his way. I feel off power of that move I really can’t criticize his business savvy. And again he’s now got espn. I can’t say the ufc has had all this success in spite of him

:lol: dude is in here talking like he's the CEO of some major corporation or something.

The delusion of some of the cats on here man...

Lol I’m not at all. I’m not even a President (do report to him) but it’s well known by a lot of NTers what I do (Fortune 50 company)

My point is strictly business man.

Last edited:
I think the mandated thousand cards a year renders some logical match making moot

I would love a data driven matchmaking algorithm, even if there’s immense pressure to make so many fights in little time. I think that’s definitely possible and can still mesh with his microwave mantra

My overall outlook is that he still sold the biggest wolf ticket to the new owners and did it his way. I feel off power of that move I really can’t criticize his business savvy. And again he’s now got espn. I can’t say the ufc has had all this success in spite of him

I agree with this - especially the sale.

From an efficiency standpoint, there’s a lot to work on.

As a fan, he still sucks but he knows his target consumer quite well and he tells a decent story.

Lol I’m not at all. I’m not even a President (do report to him) but it’s well known by a lot of NTers what I do (Fortune 50 company)

My point is strictly business man.
Wasn’t coming at you specifically man.

Out of curiosity, what do you do?

Wasn’t coming at you specifically man.

Out of curiosity, what do you do?

Nah, not you (that’s why I quoted him).

It’s all in fun, I was just going hard on Dana from a business sense because as a fan, I think there’s a lot to be desired.

Does that mean I think I could run that beast? Lol no chance at this point.

Meh, disagree.

Their whole corporate structure isn’t forward thinking. Their branding is awful as well, they need to bring in someone to RUN the company.

Starting with data for matchups would be a good idea. You can start with the lower dudes and work your way up.

From an operations standpoint, I also have a lot of thoughts, but won’t bore NT with them (a buddy from B school little bro works in Strategy there).
aaand so how many international sports organizations have you built and flipped? Let alone one valued at 4 B-B-B-B-Billion dollars? :rolleyes

The-Critic.jpg

aaand so how many international sports organizations have you built and flipped? Let alone one valued at 4 B-B-B-B-Billion dollars? :rolleyes

Lol it isn’t about that at all. Can’t be critics? Thought that was what NT was about.

Never said I could run it better either, just missed opportunities.

You don’t agree? This is a healthy conversation about how the UFC could improve.

I think they are at where they are at...and made it as far as they have, for a reason.

if it aint broke, dont fix it.

The sport is heading towards OLYMPIC level within our lifetime, Dana and the UFC are spearheading that movement....whats there to change?

How you guys gonna say someone can’t have opinions on how to run the company better if he hasn’t accomplished what scumbag dana has? This the same thread that’s been bashing the company for years for not promoting their fighters and dana treating his fighters like garbage and taking money out of their pockets. For one thing he can stop feuding with fighters and treating champions like woodley as an enemy.

Back
Top Bottom