The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

I don't remember the last teammate vs teammate fight, like legitimate teammates. Not Perry vs Cowboy. Rashad vs Jones doesn't really count either

sheesh for sure been a while. usually when it was teammate vs teammate, one of the fighters left the gym. last one i remember was overeem vs arlovski. they both trained at jacksonwink that fight but i recall them not liking each other.

I am getting more and more intrigued at the thought of Colby fighting Jorge

If Colby can beat Usman and Jorge beats Askren.... I mean both are realistic outcomes, I don't see why they wouldn't make that fight

I don't remember the last teammate vs teammate fight, like legitimate teammates. Not Perry vs Cowboy. Rashad vs Jones doesn't really count either

Jorge and Colby are legit homies tho right? Think I saw a little YouTube vid awhile back where they brought two broads back to Jorge’s apartment and cooked them dinner :lol:

Not sure where that relationship stands now tho

Jorge and Colby are legit homies tho right? Think I saw a little YouTube vid awhile back where they brought two broads back to Jorge’s apartment and cooked them dinner :lol:

Not sure where that relationship stands now tho
They are super close. Jorge sided with Colby even after their own gym hated Colby for his Brazilian rant

They both have been explicit in saying they'd fight each other if it's for the belt though. Jorge said he'd fight his own mother for money

They are super close. Jorge sided with Colby even after their own gym hated Colby for his Brazilian rant

They both have been explicit in saying they'd fight each other if it's for the belt though. Jorge said he'd fight his own mother for money

Jorge an interesting cat :lol:

Got a feeling whoever wins the Askren/Gamebred fight leapfrogs Colby for the title shot in the fall

Jorge an interesting cat :lol:

Got a feeling whoever wins the Askren/Gamebred fight leapfrogs Colby for the title shot in the fall
I'm curious as to how their new deal with ESPN and PPV will impact how desperate they are to fill headliners. I heard from pods that they might not be as eager to fill headliners because of the structure of the deal

Meaning they could start matchmaking more logically but who knows

Honestly Colby deserves it and I would prefer him getting the shot

Would love to see Usman give Colby 5 rounds like he did with Woodley, Askren wrestlef*** Jorge, and then get "Marty" vs. Asken for the belt.

I hope Jorge's wrestling training with Colby and Yoel through the years has done him well. I think this can be a very good matchup for Jorge if so

Askren's striking against Lawler looked comedic

Very bitter sweet news, just found out Marc Ramondi is moving from MMAFighting to ESPN

No more A-Side podcast :frown: imo it became one of the best shows out

I hope they get Danny Segura as a replacement, I've enjoyed watching these guys develop over the years. I felt like a lot of the MMAFighting guys used to be subpar but I came to respect all of them. They have some real talent

colby may very well beat usman, his pressure was INSANE against RDA

the askren x masvidal fight interests me...

This weekends card isn't half bad for a Fight Night. Don't know too much about Hermansson but he appears to be on the rise but hasn't fought anyone notable yet. They are giving Hardy another shot which doesn't surprise me in the least. The Oliveira-Platinum fight should be a good one as well.

D. Poirier said:
“Holloway is really good at making people miss, he uses a pullback, he’ll touch you and pull and counter. Me and Mike Brown both knew that if I threw my left hand and used that momentum to switch into an orthodox stance and keep moving forward then my right hand would go from my jab hand to my cross hand and I would stay in range and really mess up his timing because when your pulling back usually a guy is falling short, but when I’m switching stance and you pull back then your kind of stuck and your still in punching range and it exactly happened the way we trained it.”

I think the pullback is so ingrained into what Max does that he didn't really have another answer. Really allows insight as to why his tank lasted as long as it did, since he's using the non-jab as his movement to lead into the switch. Since you're not setting it up on the outside and letting it flow within his offence he's able to keep from expending unnecessary energy, while continuing to apply pressure on Max.

I think the pullback is so ingrained into what Max does that he didn't really have another answer. Really allows insight as to why his tank lasted as long as it did, since he's using the non-jab as his movement to lead into the switch. Since you're not setting it up on the outside and letting it flow within his offence he's able to keep from expending unnecessary energy, while continuing to apply pressure on Max.
Nice info. Matt Brown is a damb good coach and Dustin’s IQ improved immensely

We see in Mecca. I talk to Dustin before I crush him.

Can’t wait. Hopefully, we get Ferguson fight for the winner afterward.

I see where this Israel vs Whittaker thing is going... this seems like it's getting more and more personal. Israel doesn't shy away from pulling Whittaker's heritage card either, the first presser is going to be emotional and focused on ethnicity

Last edited:
So he's completely cleared of his USADA situation? I thought there was another hangup even tho he served that retroactively.

....we are talking about O'Malley right?

So he's completely cleared of his USADA situation? I thought there was another hangup even tho he served that retroactively.

....we are talking about O'Malley right?
It was confusing. So with the new rules, USAda was just releasing the news later than they would have before. Sean himself admitted to the suspension back then and now USAda is just confirming. There was only 1 violation I believe

He’s cleared to fight Vera

Back
Top Bottom