The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Who does Hardy fight next?
Probably another guy who's either new to the ufc, someone new they know will only throw hands or an aging vet who's a name but no threat to ko him. I dont know, the guy he fought last night wanted no parts of that fight.

Watched the card.

Cody Sandhagen is like a poor man’s Dominic Cruz. There’s an upside. He looked good against Lineker (sp). Lucky that fight wasn’t longer.

Hardy is trash. Not to say he can’t develop into a competent fighter. But it’s too much, too soon. He needs to go to the Muay Thai boot camp Khalil Roundtree went too. And work on his grappling and BJJ. But seriously put him in there against anyone DC, Francis, Cain, Stipe, Overeem, Blades, Lewis, etc. You can’t put him against anyone in the top 15 for probably two years. It’s the same issue they had with CM Punk.

Hermansson looked great. He definitely came up in the last month or so by beating Branch and Jacare. His volume is insane for MW. I liked how he circled. He was in there against a talented BJJ black belt so that was a wash. But he still managed to take him down several times.

Jacare just looked off. He only turned it on in the third and parts of the fifth. He might be getting old. He was losing the Weidman fight until the end.

Fight of the night (without watching the prelims) was Cowboy/Perry.

UFC 242 is going to be in Abu Dhabi on Sept 7 and all signs point to them making Khabib-Dustin for that card.

Crazy the original Abu Dhabi event was almost 10 years ago.

Can't wait for it be official Khabib is back

Am I the only one who thinks he will do the same to Dustin he did to Conor, maul on the ground like every other guy?

Was the Abu Dhabi the Silva fight? The one where the crowd boo’d and Uncle Dana was pissed at him?

Dustin has a chance. But Khabib hasn’t shown any adversity in a fight besides the Johnson fight. He only lost a round when he coasted against Conor.

Was the Abu Dhabi the Silva fight? The one where the crowd boo’d and Uncle Dana was pissed at him?

Dustin has a chance. But Khabib hasn’t shown any adversity in a fight besides the Johnson fight. He only lost a round when he coasted against Conor.
Yep that's the fight where Maia just laid there trying to bait Silva into his guard and Andy just throwing some side kicks lol. It was like the second Reem-Werdum fight where Werdum laid there and Reem just threw some light kicks.

Definitely happy for Stipe but not the fight that anyone of us really wanted to see. I hope DC doesn't retire after this fight. I hope he goes after John Jones only because that would be his big money fight now that Brock is gone.

Do these guys get PPV points now that these events are app exclusive?

:smh: DC having to rematch Stipe w/o points. They should’ve all (Brock included) jumped on this when the iron was hot last summer. DC might as well retire. Not getting the Brock fight, and Bones seems content with staying at 205 for now. Where’s the big money, ride off into the sunset payday?

idk, I mean, I want to see this DC Stipe rematch. I wanted to for sure see DC vs Jones as well but the circumstances never seemed promising in terms of the timing. Now, given that Jones fights in July and DC in August, if the bad blood is still boiling they can easily set something up for early 2020

I'm not ruling that out yet, I'm not ruling out them fighting at either weight class either. If they both roll in their fights I could see either one being motivated to move up or move down to take the fight

I'm thinking DC's fight against Stipe will be his last. Sounds like he was already ready to retire and has many things going on outside of fighting with family, coaching wrestling/mma and his broadcasting job.

espn doing feature stories on MMA fighters now? they are fully invested :lol:
I just wish they would do some more original content as the "UFC Destined" series only has been done for a couple fights and then they'll advertise having new episodes but they are at least a few weeks old. It was interesting they featured the Gracie-Caceres fight when it wasn't even the co-main event. It did make for a good feature though as both guys haven't had much heavy exposure (well outside of Caceres' time on TUF).

If Derek ****ing Brunson and Elias Ring Boy Theodore being plastered on a poster doesn't scream way too many cards idk what will

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 4.10.55 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom