The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Lewis takes an L again. It was a early stoppage but after watching Lewis fall face first right before the call I see why the ref called it.

What a shot to the body by Moreno. Hope they figure it out with Figgy soon and make the title fight before end of this year.

Nunes definitely wasn't right in the first fight, it was obvious. Just deat Pena from the first to the fifth.

Pena is tough though, her still threatening from her back the whole fight was impressive. Not to mention getting dropped like 6 or 7 times in the first two rounds and still making it to the end. But she definitely got dominated.

Amanda striking was LIGHTS OUT against Peña! She just destroyed Peña. Why did Amanda start trying to grapple though? Was she trying to tap her like Pena tapped her in the 1st fight? Honestly if just would’ve stayed standing, Peña would’ve gotten knocked out for sure! Peña has heart though! She tough as nails! I’d love to see another fight with her and Nunes.

Just woke up to the results. Would not have wanted to bet on last night. Most of the favorites won but I could see how folks would edge on the dogs.

Wonder what’s next for Amanda? I mean there’s not really anyone at 135. Valentina said a few weeks ago she wouldn’t move up. Not a bad way to go out. Cementing your legacy.

"Well, you know how I feel about waiting." -Dana White in the Presser last night

Dana and Yair have an interesting relationship. Seems like Dana has hated him in the past, frustrated as hell with him... but also want another Mexican champ... I could see him passing over Yair for a shot if he causes any issues

Could do Arnold Allen v Emmett for the Interim

Welp the FW belt could be on ice for a while if Yair is really allowed to wait for Volk to return, sounds like thst fight wouldn't happen til early next year. I was starting to come around on Yair and I know it's not his fault Ortega got hurt but I still think he should fight once more before getting the shot especially with a deserving contender like Emmett.

Welp the FW belt could be on ice for a while if Yair is really allowed to wait for Volk to return, sounds like thst fight wouldn't happen til early next year. I was starting to come around on Yair and I know it's not his fault Ortega got hurt but I still think he should fight once more before getting the shot especially with a deserving contender like Emmett.
I kinda have a feeling Dana won't allow Yair to wait. An Interim belt will probably be up for grabs and if Yair doesn't want it, Dana has options to replace him

Volk is going to fight the winner of Charles v Islam, prob first quarter of 2023... so Volk won't be available to fight at 145 prob til next Summer at earliest. That's about a year and that's assuming no injuries or other circumstances

Yair hasn't done anything to actually deserve a title shot so him fighting Emmett for an Interim belt- there's actually nothing wrong with that scenario. If Yair refuses that's kind of on him

If Yair thinks he’s gonna wait, Dana will go ahead with an interim belt with Emmett vs Arnold or something. The ufc is the last company you want to wait it out with thinking your turn is going to come.

D
If Yair thinks he’s gonna wait, Dana will go ahead with an interim belt with Emmett vs Arnold or something. The ufc is the last company you want to wait it out with thinking your turn is going to come.
Arnold’s hands are jacked up. He fights like once a year.

Now Emmett vs Bryce…lol
Yair can wait if he wants, but if he fights Volk he will be dominated even worse than the Edgar fight.
I’m not sure how you can make the prize with a fight. He hasn’t been too busy since the suspension. Being an interim champ has the perk of being #1 contender. And you could or could possibly not get points.

Back
Top Bottom