The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Ariel says the ufc is getting paid extra by locations to travel to these certain places like Florida, Arizona, Salt Lake City, fight island etc

Breh, they rollin in money. Sheesh

Would Miller be a favorite? Might be
Is Miller still signed to the UFC?

Before his last fight, he shared that they were not going to resign him. Him! Jim Miller, the guy with the most wins in the UFC.
O’Malley is claiming he isn’t getting a raise in pay for this yan fight

Interesting
He said he signed a new contract and getting paid more. Time to earn it. See if that dog got fight.
Ariel says the ufc is getting paid extra by locations to travel to these certain places like Florida, Arizona, Salt Lake City, fight island etc

Breh, they rollin in money. Sheesh
Yup. When they went to Houston, it was clearly a tourism thing. Same as Fight Island. MSG, they definitely paying. O2, they paying. But you know the new owners. Low operating costs, high margins. Why they not doing more fights outside of the Apex.

Yup. When they went to Houston, it was clearly a tourism thing. Same as Fight Island. MSG, they definitely paying. O2, they paying. But you know the new owners. Low operating costs, high margins. Why they not doing more fights outside of the Apex.

It appears they'll continue to do at least one or two Fight Nights at the Apex per month, then another one Fight Night or two with a drawing main event at another venue in the U.S. or Europe. They save tons of money not having to setup shop at another venue even in the U.S. and can house all the fighters at their fighter hotel in Vegas plus have access to the Apex + their own facilities without having to worry about accommodations in another city.

Kai Kara France saying he never knew Eugene had always been preparing him for 5 round fights in his previous camps

So he said nothing’s really changed for his camp this time around

Interesting

That ESPN money must be great that they don’t care about the gate.

But the PI, the hotel, the cooks, the Apex isn’t a bad setup. It just makes it a lil bland. If they let more people in there, maybe it would be different.

The only thing O’Malley has for him in that Yan fight is that it's 3 rounds. Yan usually a slow starter needs to ramp it up a bit early before he needs to win the last 10 mins.b

Aljo going to beat TJ.

If Aldo wins vs merab he def deserves the title shot. He just beat chito, pedro, font and possibly merab is pretty impressive.

Yan going to kick O'Malley's leg to pieces

The only thing O’Malley has for him in that Yan fight is that it's 3 rounds. Yan usually a slow starter needs to ramp it up a bit early before he needs to win the last 10 mins.b
Reach

I’d like O’Malley to be humbled though

Aljo going to beat TJ.

If Aldo wins vs merab he def deserves the title shot. He just beat chito, pedro, font and possibly merab is pretty impressive.

Yan going to kick O'Malley's leg to pieces
The winner of Aldo v merab would absolutely deserve a title shot more than the winner of yan v O’Malley

Also crazy to look at merabs resume and see that Simon subbed him

The prelims are absolutely dreadful lol

The main card isn't too bad. If Ankaleav can stop fighting passive and throw some volume that'd be nice. I still see him as a future champ but I can't lie, he's losing me as a fan

He and Rakic are so damb boring recently but I swear both can be absolute finishers. They're hammers who are fighting not to lose

I’m sorry but if O’Malley somehow pulls off this miracle no one is getting the title shot over him, he’s too big a draw and the rocket ship will be fully taking off at that point

I’m sorry but if O’Malley somehow pulls off this miracle no one is getting the title shot over him, he’s too big a draw and the rocket ship will be fully taking off at that point
Yup, you're right. Dana doesn't operate 100% on merit so we know the deal

On a merit basis, Aldo v Merab winner is the clear #1 contender

Am I crazy for thinking Anthony Smith has a chance and should not be a 4-1 dog ?
Well, Rakic pretty much shut him out. Smith is a dog and gritty, he is a great gatekeeper

There's no reason Ankalaev shouldn't win but Smith should be able to hold on for a decision loss

Bellator updated their rankings

1. Usman
2. Tofiq

Somehow they rank Shabily #6 and Primus #5 when Shabily KO'd him a month ago :rofl:

I guess media members vote on them

But this is interesting to see how Coker will play this

Yup, you're right. Dana doesn't operate 100% on merit so we know the deal

On a merit basis, Aldo v Merab winner is the clear #1 contender
True and especially if Merab wins with a somewhat uneventful decision then Suga likely gets the shot with any type of win since he "moves the needle" lol.

at this point if O’Malley wins, his momentum is going to be huge, as a needle mover you gotta capitalize on that and push that from a promotional standpoint

Aldo and merab will be there and would most like be competitive fights for Suga as well.

They been baking suga this whole time, now it’s time to put him out there sink or swim.

Kinda remind me of Mcgregor vs mendes after the siver headliner

I agree. He has those Nelk Boys, Jake Paul and Tekashi 69 followers that will watch him fight just to go party in Vegas after. It brings that social media crowd over that Dana would love to have more of at his fights. I guess anything to promote and sell tickets.

I heard O'Malley on Ariel's show. Spoke about how TJ said Sean fighting Yan is a win win and I agree. If he loses to Yan, he will just end up fighting all the people he was supposed to fight in the first place like Vera, Rob Font and even Dominick Cruz.

Back
Top Bottom