The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

I like sandhagen but I’m glad Dana walked out of that. I wouldn’t be surprised if he took Sandhagens title shot away

Sandhagen did get close to a sub but that was it. It was just not what any fight should be short notice or not. They need to get that crap out of the sport. we are past jon fitch and that era

I agree with George

And if he really did tear something in his arm in the 1st, then you cant really blame him for fighting that way.

I mean Rob Font couldn't stop a takedown to save his life. Man's would've fell over if the wind blew in his direction .

I remember him for ruining Perreria's departure from Kickboxing

According to Glory- he had been fighting at 205 and his MMA debut was also at 205 where apparently he lost by dislocating his elbow early in the fight

idk if he's necessarily on a collision course with Izzy- but maybe he can rematch Alex at some point

Speaking of embarrassing tweets:

I wouldn't even be mad at Strickland versus Paul. Oh the Lulz. And Sean has a decent stiff jab.

The matchmakers should call him up and ask him if he wants to fight Merab.

He's #1 in the division. I can't believe Sandhagen lost a decision to TJ. SMH.

I’d have more sympathy for TJ had he not wasted someone else’s opportunity on his last fight. If he comes back I hope merab/umar maul him back into retirement.

Wasn’t Andre Ward co-signing Nate’s boxing?
Nate has trained (not sure if still) with Ward in the past and Nate's mentioned it several times in the past. Nate has good boxing for an MMA fighter but when competing in a straight up boxing match it's obviously gonna play out much differently. IMO Nate waited too long to get going and if he did earlier in the fight before that terrible 5th round he might have been more in the fight. While he was landing late those little pitter patter shots weren't doing any noticeable damage.

Styles makes fights. Cory knew how to exploit Rob or Chito. Those guys don't really have a good wrestling or grappling game. I'm just curious...what happens when the script is flipped and Umar is the one wrestling.

So do folks really think it's "fair" if Jake fought Nate at 185? That's a weight class higher than Nate ever fought. Jake probably walks around at 200 or mo. Jake is more than 10 years younger than Nate. Nate just has BJJ and decent hands. We've seen him rag dolled by wrestlers (which Jake has that background) and kicked to all hell by strikers. Why doesn't Jake fight a marquee MW from PFL? Is it just lame name value?

Back
Top Bottom