The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

The matchmaking is rancid

Out of all the options you have at 135?

MMA Hour should be good today: GSP, Rockhold, Werdum, Cyborg, Brooks...

Last edited:
They're setting Garbrandt up for a highlight reel win, trying to build a title contender. I wonder if they try to fast track him to Cruz before going through a top 5 guy tho. Pretty sure they wanna get in on the Cruz vs TAM protege angle

Will Brooks crying on the MMA Hour... Damb. He slept in a car for a year and a half trying to make it

He and his family really struggled just surviving

He used to sneak into his gym to sleep over and got kicked out by the owner.... dude been through it all.. he almost ended his own life too, drove into the wrong lane on purpose

Last edited:
cats not buying into the wonderboy hype but riding the mcgregor train tuff LOL

wonderboy is legit, there has been nothing hand picked about his opponents or his path to the TS....

He probably could have sat out after the hendricks win and campaigned for a TS and eventually got it....but this cat decided to jump right back into the fire and take out the #1 contenter in rory...

everyone wanna praise conor for wanting to fight anywhere anyone anytime.....but wonderboy has been just as game.

Dood had the #1 contender looking pedestrian....I love how he was patient and didn't force his way in either...highly intelligent fight for wonderboy.

He is able to get in and out probably better most right now, his angles are crazy...and when he throws he's throwing 3's and 4's all to the chin....

masterful performance by wonderboy, shut out the #1 contender in his home town.... :x

dominating 5 rounds >>> KO

Last edited:
SORIANOTRON SORIANOTRON , don't lump me in with the McGregor gobblers. Can't stand that dude either.

Maybe it's just the state of MMA that has me unimpressed with Wonderboy. Most divisions are super weak and his TKD bounce movement is just irritating to me. Wonderboy did not look cool with getting hit by Rory, so he is in for something else when Lawler throws those cinder blocks at him.

Today I learned NTers are big fans of point karate and TKD.

I'm sorry if I offended y'all, but when it isn't a walkover fight he is a point fighter of the worst kind.

Is hilarious to me how you hated mccregor for disrespecting martial arts but yet you turn around and do the same thing. Wonderboy is not legit because hes a tkd and karate world champ? Like them dudes dont bust their *** and put in that work.

For someone that put in that work competed and knows the struggle youre sure judgemental. What would you say if wonderboy dismantled a muaythai fighter in a k1 rule fight? Let me guess that's impossible...

Wonderboy is far from boring. Does he point fight? I call it fighting smart and stiking to what youre good at.

Last edited:
Dana and Kraft are friends, I wonder how much that played into this

Apparently Dana is staying on, does he get shares of the 4.2 billion? If he did then he's living life, got paid and still gets to run operations with his friend Kraft as an investor

I want Dana to stay on as the face of the UFC. But it will be good that he doesn't have any financial stakes in the company. Could be a blessing in disguise.

Let's hope this sale leads to fighters getting paid what they deserve. One can only wish though

I dunno, dana is a jackass and would probably advise the new owners to treat the fighters the same.

Is hilarious to me how you hated mccregor for disrespecting martial arts but yet you turn around and do the same thing. Wonderboy is not legit because hes a tkd and karate world champ? Like them dudes dont bust their *** and put in that work.

For someone that put in that work competed and knows the struggle youre sure judgemental. What would you say if wonderboy dismantled a muaythai fighter in a k1 rule fight? Let me guess that's impossible...

Wonderboy is far from boring. Does he point fight? I call it fighting smart and stiking to what youre good at.

My beef with McGregor has to do with how he carries himself, but I'm also not a fan of McGregor's TKD kicks.

Understanding the hard work doesn't mean I have to like his style of fighting. I've never been a fan of the Karate/TKD background guys, including Machida and GSP in the UFC and the TMA dudes that were in K-1.

Y'all aren't understanding the basis for me writing off the kickboxing background. He competed in American style kickboxing which is pretty much a joke in contrast to kickboxing in China, Europe, Japan, and Thailand. You don't have to agree, but watch some of it then put on a Slamm!! or Kunlun event and tell me which is better.

He's done well in the UFC, but I feel his opposition is weak similar to McGregor until he faced Aldo, his real test will be Lawler.

This washed up "fighter" is always on his holier than thou tip, it's growing tiresome

I'm sorry actual insight based on experience in the ring doesn't make sense to you. Put quotes around "fighter" and call me washed up all you want, they're two terms you clearly have no grasp of.

You're writing too much about what people weren't even laughing at. You're discrediting thompson's last two wins which were big wins.

You're writing too much about what people weren't even laughing at. You're discrediting thompson's last two wins which were big wins.

They are big wins based on name alone is what I am trying to convey, but even then I don't think they are great wins. Hendricks hasn't looked good in a very longtime, his weight issues likely have a huge role in that. And McDonald will not rebound from his loss to Lawler in my opinion, if his nose cannot be fixed he'll lose every fight that finds him getting crack in the nose.

They might be his best wins and meaningful based on the UFC's rankings, but I don't think they carry much weight.

I want Dana to stay on as the face of the UFC.
hell outta here with that

guy did his part building it up and now its time to move on, i mute the tv anytime this guy talks

no big deal if he stays on behind the scenes but that whole up front "you wanna be a a ******* fighter?" image has to go

wonderboy destroyed my man jake and then ran through hendricks, not picking him but sure as hell not doubting him

Last edited:
Low key I hope Nunes blows out Cupcake's candle. Tate is become insufferable with all these cheap shots she's takingnat Hacist Honda

Tate enjoying this moment. I think Ronda would still tool her

GSP byke, he said Bisping is an option. IDK how I feel about him doing that. I wonder if they give him a title shot off the bat

Tate just saying what everyone's thinking bout Honda. Honestly don't see honda coming back. A loss to tate could put her unstable *** over the edge.

dana has actually been lowkey as **** the past few months
laugh.gif
i say keep it up

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom