The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

MW Interim title belt isn't that ridiculous, surprisingly

Now that they've chose Dan Henderson and GSP as consecutive title challengers, there needs to be some guarantee that the rightful #1 contender will get the next shot

So I really don't care if they hand out a fake belt in a match between say Yoel and Whittaker. Both of these guys hands down deserve a title shot. If neither of them possess that Interim belt, chances are they'll be skipped when the time comes

The Interim belt simply represents a guarantee

Funny how 8 years ago, there was a talk of GSP vs Anderson. Fast forward to 2017, that fight might actually happen if Silva beats Romero for interim belt, and GSP beats Bisping :lol: :smh:

I'd say he doesn't.

The Spider is my guy and and something like the GOAT for meh, but that request/demand is ridiculous for a few reasons;

1. he doesn't have the wins to support a shot at all
2. it potentially takes a deserving shot away from Gay Jesus whom we must not forget
3. He's most likely going to get KOd. He's being going out from some pretty pedestrian shots lately IMO

If there's an Interim at all please make it between Whittaker/Romero. That's the only thing that makes sense.

I'll be checking out that MMA Hour segment with Nate tomorrow. I wonder what prompted his own segment? Hoping its a big announcement, doubting its Conor III and can't see him taking a fight with Ferguson unless they give him 15-20 mil lol.

Didn't he say he wasn't in a position to call a shot but thinks KSB would be a good match since they both are coming off of decision losses to Cub?

I got a feeling Nate might announce his retirement. Maybe with the stipulation that he'd take a final 3rd fight with Conor if it was offered.

I'd say he doesn't.

The Spider is my guy and and something like the GOAT for meh, but that request/demand is ridiculous for a few reasons;

1. he doesn't have the wins to support a shot at all
2. it potentially takes a deserving shot away from Gay Jesus whom we must not forget
3. He's most likely going to get KOd. He's being going out from some pretty pedestrian shots lately IMO

If there's an Interim at all please make it between Whittaker/Romero. That's the only thing that makes sense.

What shots exactly had he been going out from?? He last got ko'd by Weidman clowning...

Big Artem Lobov wants a piece of the Korean Zombie next :smokin

Not zombie he wants Korean superboy. Kinda makes sense since both are comin off losses

I'll be checking out that MMA Hour segment with Nate tomorrow. I wonder what prompted his own segment? Hoping its a big announcement, doubting its Conor III and can't see him taking a fight with Ferguson unless they give him 15-20 mil lol.

It prob won't b any announcement just like last time he had a special mma hour show where he just talked about the drama leading upto the second Conor fight

I just feel, with the specter of PEDs and his losses to Weidman, the division has past Silva by. A matchup against Yoel seems to not be in his favor. He's consistently shown competent wrestlers give him issues. Then there's his whole counter striking style where he never really presses the pace.

However, on the flip side, he did manage to go the distance with an Olympic Wrestler and Light Heavyweight champion. The dude was coming off his surgery and out of shape.

And the Diaz Bros, smh. I'd imagine with WME, they'd push for these guys to fight and main event cards. Two possible 500K+ headliners.

Last edited:
I wonder if silva during his prime would've been able to beat dc.

Last edited:
There's a lot of speculation in discussing the matchup. There's a huge weight difference.

But the Silva who fought last year was coming off gall bladder surgery and out of shape. This is also the same Silva who broke his leg and appeared to be declining.

And DC is in a weird position. After he retires, there will be a lot of questions about his potential. He opted to move down to light heavyweight due to Cain (who hasn't done jack squat). Besides the Jon Jones fight, a potential fight with Stipe would be great to end his career.

Been listening to this week's MMA Hour, I hope they make the Megan Anderson/Cyborg fight. Like they both said, that should have been the fight for the 145 belt. Not sure how they took two BW and made that the initial championship fight.

Just watched the latest Parts Unknown that had a short segment with the Diaz Bros and Melendez. It was ok but not sure why Bourdain was talking about in n out and they were at a seafood restaurant but the Diaz's are vegan lol. Episode is worth the watch over all though.

I wonder if silva during his prime would've been able to beat dc.

Considering flabby and sick Anderson actually hurt DC in that fight, I'd give prime Anderson a good shot @ beating DC.

Also, I'm pretty sure Anderson took that fight on really short notice because of Coke Jones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom