The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

My predictions

IMG_2424.gif

IMG_2425.gif

They so busy stacking 298 and 299 that 300 is looking pretty lackluster honestly.

My guess is they’re banking just it being “300” that they’ll get a ton of buys. Probably hoping they’ll get enough buys from Suga (does he really sell like that?), 300, and then Conor for June…that they’ll be able to have 3 separate successful PPV’s than just throwing them all onto one.

I for sure thought Dustin would've been on 300. The closer we get to 300 the more likely I think they treat it like it's just another ppv. Maybe they change the canvas color again and call it a day.

There are options for 300. @ HW (Interim title match between Gane/Aspinall or Aspinall/Pereira). @ LHW (Dunno). Women's Straw weight is up in the air as well as Flyweight. They could resurrect women's featherweight.

299 is stacked. Can't believe Dustin took the BSD fight. Was he promised a title shot? What reason could he have to take that fight?

Last edited:
Yeah those fights ain't really 300 marquee type fights, those are just another ppv type. Only one left that's worthy is the Izzy/Pereira 3 title fight. We'll see how it shapes out.

I feel like Izzy/Periera is gonna be the main event, and if it ain’t…Alex is moving up for an interim HW title shot.

7 months between the Strickland fight and 300…because he’s been so active feels like enough time off lol.

Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if max and Justin are on 300

Absolutely insane that Dustin is fighting bsd

but even though it seems like there’s a jam at 55 things are always so fluid that with an injury or a card to fill Dustin could be up for a title fight again

299 is stacked! I think BSD continues his upwards trajectory and beats Dustin.

BMF fight with Justin vs Max seems very likely for 300. Seems like that card could be a bit underwhelming especially with Edwards-Belal rumored to be near the top (i like the fight but it's not necessarily an eye popping matchup).

Could also do Justin/Masvidal (but Moicano said Jorge is just training boxing).

For 300
Edwards/Muhammed
Oliveira/Tsarukyan
Sterling/Kattar
Rakic/Jiri Pro
Bo Nickel Squash match

Aren't bad for a normal UFC card. But #300, there's gotta be some kind of big name for such a momentous card.

Can't blame Aspinall for being frustrated and if they really have him defend the interim belt that would be pretty ridiculous. I wasn't thrilled with the JJ-Stipe matchup initially and have lost most interest in it at this point. Plus JJ could very well retire or drop the belt afterwards.

Can't blame Aspinall for being frustrated and if they really have him defend the interim belt that would be pretty ridiculous. I wasn't thrilled with the JJ-Stipe matchup initially and have lost most interest in it at this point. Plus JJ could very well retire or drop the belt afterwards.
It's because the UFC is trying cater to Jon Jones AND have stakes for the fans when it comes time for the Stipe/Jon fight.

But Renan Barao did defend his interim title multiple times until they finally forced Dominic Cruz to relinquish the BW title.

I don't see an issue with Tom fighting Gane. We know the winner is the #1 contender and eventual champion (since Stipe and Jon will probably retire).

Mans just tore his pec clean off the bone, I Mean what does Aspinall expect?

fight him during recovery?

Tom been whining ever since he got the interim...

its a guaranteed ticket for a unification bout.

Not sure why he is crying if he is next?

UNLESS he scared/dont want to fight GANE :emoji_eyes:

Vacate. Jones already fights so irregularly, him holding a title is pointless.
I'm not saying he can't vacate. But why? His injury happened in November. It hasn't even been two months. He got the surgery, he's doing the rehab, etc. Off clout, rep and career, Jon has earned the opportunity to finish his career out defending the title against the greatest heavyweight.

Aspinall acting like he can't defend his interim belt. Fight Gane. Fight winner of Almeida/Blaydes. He's in effect the real heavyweight champion. We all know the okey doke UFC is pulling.

What's the point of all this incessant crying in public? Dana going to take care of him if he takes care of Dana.

Back
Top Bottom