The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Cory got some cojones! I mean if he just doesn't want to wait and see how the next titleshot plays out then can't blame him for taking a fight but man that's a huge risk.

At first thought I felt like Dustin easily had a better resume than Tony. Closer look at I give Tony a bit more credit but I’m still going with Dustin

Yeah he didn’t have 12 fight streak but pound for pound looking at each of their wins and where their opponents were at in their careers of the time of those wins… Dustin beat more names and who were just better caliber at the time

Even guys like duffy and yancy.. Dustin beat them when they were at their peaks and surging

Imo there’s no way you say Tony had a better career
Dustin does have the overall better career. His longevity and being able to stay healthy definitely helps.

I think yall are downplaying the hell out that run by Tony though. Just to put in context the record at 155 which was (and still is) the best and deepest division at that time is 13 wins by Khabib and Islam. After Tony the next highest is 8 by Benny. Tony beat 7 ranked fighters on this streak which is more than Islam and Khabib.

It's almost impossible to hit double digit wins at 55 unless you're one the greats. If he retired after the Justin fight he'd still be considered as the best to not win undisputed.

Dustin does have the overall better career. His longevity and being able to stay healthy definitely helps.

I think yall are downplaying the hell out that run by Tony though. Just to put in context the record at 155 which was (and still is) the best and deepest division at that time is 13 wins by Khabib and Islam. After Tony the next highest is 8 by Benny. Tony beat 7 ranked fighters on this streak which is more than Islam and Khabib.

It's almost impossible to hit double digit wins at 55 unless you're one the greats. If he retired after the Justin fight he'd still be considered as the best to not win undisputed.
Yeah maybe we could be downplaying tony

But the premise was best to never win a belt. That’s why my answer is cleanly Dustin

Also if they fought in their primes Dustin would win imo

Perspective is everything. Had Tony rode off into the sunset after gaethje/Charles fight I think everyone would be looking at him different.

I think khabib is one of the best, but had they fought prior to Tony injury I think it would have been a competitive fight.

Perspective is everything. Had Tony rode off into the sunset after gaethje/Charles fight I think everyone would be looking at him different.

I think khabib is one of the best, but had they fought prior to Tony injury I think it would have been a competitive fight.
Eh. You could crop Tony’s career however you wanted, you could even include a supposed competitive loss to khabib- then a retirement..

but Dustin’s resume is still his resume. It trumps even that scenario of Tony’s career imo

Their first scheduled interim fight was Tony's time man. Khabib coming off the MJ fight was just entering his prime while Tony was at his peak after running through prime RDA.

Agree to disagree. 2017 Tony was still the boogeyman.
Oh, he definitely was surging/peak. I remember him making Duke throw in the towel during that Pettis fight. El Cucuy was a savage and feared. Everything was good until that trip over the cables. Then it was downhill due to the injury, father time, etc.

We can play woulda coulda but the fact remains, he's on a six-fight losing streak and never won the championship.
Eh. You could crop Tony’s career however you wanted, you could even include a supposed competitive loss to khabib- then a retirement..

but Dustin’s resume is still his resume. It trumps even that scenario of Tony’s career imo
I posted that win percentage yesterday. Dustin has won 70% of his fights. He's been fighting the same killers row and DID fight Khabib. Conor was Khabib's longest fight. But most tense moment for Khabib was the guillotine from Dustin.
Their first scheduled interim fight was Tony's time man. Khabib coming off the MJ fight was just entering his prime while Tony was at his peak after running through prime RDA.
I agree.

But Dustin/Diamond has the better career currently. Even if he goes 0-3 in title fights. Justin and Dustin were two of the best fighters to never win the belt. We all know LW is the deepest division (followed by BW...which is why Yan's skid isn't that bad).

MAGA PLZ.

If Francis took down Cereal Gain then he's taking down Joshua. Joshua has absolutely no MMA chops. Plus there's kicking.

DJ is saying that for clicks.

I’m pretty casual nowadays I never saw Chito fight before this weekend, not gonna lie if I had before then I would have loaded up on betting on O’Malley. It was pretty obvious how that fight was gonna go 1 minute in

I thought Chito got recognition when he KO'd Frankie Edgar and then Dominic Cruz. That Edgar meme went everywhere.

I’m pretty casual nowadays I never saw Chito fight before this weekend, not gonna lie if I had before then I would have loaded up on betting on O’Malley. It was pretty obvious how that fight was gonna go 1 minute in
He went through a career renaissance

He was always solid but kind of mid at the same time. Went on a win streak over some names and then fought O’Malley their first time very tough… made O’Malley fold imo and thus the injured foot resulting in a tko

If Vera could have put more heat on O’Malley like their first fight that’s where I thought it’d be a very difficult challenge for O’Malley

Hats off to O’Malley I’m not gonna **** on a win over vera like sterling is

**** now I kinda want vera to move to 45 to fight Sterling lol

speedy recovery for the hammer
Screenshot_20240312_145408_Instagram.jpg

Back
Top Bottom