The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Literally the worse thing you can do is stand flat footed and let cowboy pick you a part

Cowboy would have gotten demolished by now by any of those other top guys. He’s already getting touched by a stationary al

iaquinta ain't the sharpest cat... let me sit on the outside and wing big shots against the taller guy :smh:

Al looked like he was just ready to go to being a Realtor full time. He didn't show much gusto. No hunger at all

I knew Cowboy would take another fight before getting his title shot. At this point he should be the #1 contender. But if Khabib Dustin aint happening til September, Cowboy aint gonna sit around that long

Cowboy vs Conor or Justin in July :nerd:

If it's Cowboy v Conor then get Justin v Al next, they seem to have a real hate for one another

Cowboy fought a solid fight and nearly put Al out. A fight with him and Conor would be fun or if not then Gaethje or Tony if hes ready to come back.

Might as well do a mini tourney:

Conor vs Cowboy (for the money and fans)
Nate vs Tony (for the money and pride)
Dustin vs Pettis

IF in some crazy chance we get Conor vs Cowboy I don't think that fight happens until October Vegas card

IF in some crazy chance we get Conor vs Cowboy I don't think that fight happens until October Vegas card
idk, if Cowboy fights again before his title shot I feel like he would fight before Khabib Dustin, not after

Especially since Khabib says he wants to fight in September and then December

"He gave me very specific instructions," Abdelaziz told ESPN. "He said he wants to fight Sept. 7 and again in December. And if [former welterweight champion] Georges St-Pierre can figure things out with the UFC by April, that's the deal. He would like that fight in April."

That could happen, if Khabib fights September and you have Cowboy and Conor fight on the October card. The December card for Khabib to fight the winner on would not be until the end of December.

Not the biggest Conor fan but I think he’d beat Cerrone unless cowboy came in with a kick/wrestling heavy game plan, and actually stuck to it. Cerrone s defense isn’t the best and Conor would def land

Man. Cowboy was a bad matchup for Al.

He just seemed tentative. But after watching Chael, Al seemed to have issues with the reach and spacing. At the same time, he was getting leg kicked then Cowboy started to let the jab go. The knee in the first round, the back to back front kicks, the jab that fell Al. Just wasn’t a good night for Al.

I don’t think Cowboy could do that to Justin Gaethje. Justin is in your face, pressing. That would be a good test. Justin needs a dance partner.

Feel like with their names, the UFC will gift Conor, Cowboy. Cowboy is a decent grappler. He also uses leg kicks, which Conor doesn’t tend to use (he favors spin kicks, etc). Might as well go for the money. Neither of them will be sniffing near the title anytime soon.

LW is crazy. Khabib, Dustin and To y at the top. And you have some great competition below them just nipping on their heels.

I think Cowboy gives Conor a tough fight cause as washed as Cowboy is

1. Cowboy tall and long, he’s a big 155er

2. Conor lost the hunger

well cowboys chin been gone for a few years now (which is what makes what he is currently doing even more spectacular)

so i mean the first left conor lands its a wrap....

cowboy can try and stand with conor if he wants...i know he has the pedigree and is an elite level striker, but that chin gone and conor hit too hard at this point in both their careers....

don't see cowboy lasting 2...his best path to victory is a sub

but I WOULD WATCH THE **** OUTTA THAT FIGHT MAN!

UNCLE DANA.....CALL BRINKS!!!!!!

If Cowboy lasted three rounds then what?

We all know Cowboy is a slow starter. We also know Conor does his best work early then poof.

Wow Aldo looking to take out another contender. If Aldo does win I could see them making Max-Edgar as I doubt they do Max-Aldo 3 considering the outcome of the first two fights.

Where’s USADA? Get them on the phone.

Jose is an unenviable position. He’s fought both Max and Frankie twice. I guess they’d do a Frankie 3 since he’s won the fight twice. That’s IF Frankie beat Max.

Also after more thought, I feel like at this moment...I’d give the edge to Cowboy in McGregor/Cerrone. Cowboys chin might be sus but I’d feel like with his size, he’d try to stay out of the range of that left hand.

Back
Top Bottom