The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

misinterpreted that lol is conor saying that because he believes he'll get the rematch with khabib before dustin? i thought dana said whoever won this fight is fighting khabib to unify belts.
Yeah Conor just trolling trying to get the Khabib fight again. Dana already said Dustin is getting the shot but we'll see lol

dont get it twisted, i hate dana also but recently he doesn't seem to be on connor's leash this year. prolly sick and tired of the antics and pr nightmare lol

dont disrespect my mans raging al like that, only person to last 5 rounds with the eagle

Max's chin is legendary tbh. We should have gotten Dustin vs Nate from before :smh:

Which 145er would be able to put Max away standing :sick: I don't think there's one out there

Oh, and also Max's take down defense, technique and strength are also insane. If he shaped his camp and body fully to the 155 class I think we could see more power and snap on those punches and possibly even better take down defense

i really wanna see ricardo lamas and max holloway fight again, forgot which card but i will never forget that slugfest

as long as that chin holds up, which it certainly was tested last, max will be fine at 155

as long as that chin holds up, which it certainly was tested last, max will be fine at 155
Dana was already talking like he wants max back down at 145. Said he looked small in the cage next to Dustin. He can stay at 155 but would have to give up the 145 idea and put on muscle

am I missing something? don't see anything about israel on bones' twitter

was it deleted? i just see germany posts :lol:
He might have deleted :lol:

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 2.42.20 PM.png

I was really thinking Dustin would gas after trying to put Max out in the first. Hats off to him for putting together a solid fight though. I definitely thought the fight was closer than scored but its moot now and the right guy won imo. I think Khabib beats Dustin but am looking forward to that scrap regardless.

JJ calling out a smaller guy?? Cmon now. Plus Israel needs to get past Whittaker first before that fight is even entertained.

Corny. I hate when fighters wanna pick fights with folks below their weight class. What exactly are you proving?

As far as Max, yeah he needs a good S&C coach if he's gonna make it to 155. Unlike Conor who killed himself to make 145 and is a more natural lightweight, Max is just a skinny a dude. Even if he blows up past 145 between camps it's not muscle, just undisciplined eating.

Also Max needs to add some head movement and defensive boxing to his game. He got a hell of a chin but it ain't granite. Aldo and Poirier both rocked him bad, even Ortega had him kinda hurt. He recovers great, but depending on his chin and his recovery might not keep getting him past tough opponents, especially if he decides to try 155 again.

Reactions: OTG
i think it was an interview that he did, not necessarily a tweet

i think what pushes jones is that he reads his tweets from fans and can't refrain from replying back

his chin will never be the same after this fight, granted it will still be great because this was his first REAL war + he's still a young bull but you LOOSE something in fights like this going forward, not just in fighting but in life too....major brain damage taken tonight, max ain't necessarily a big guy either...5'11 with a 69" reach he gets him no advantages at 55 like he does at 45.

He's in a tough spot, he can probably dominate 45 as long as he can make the cut, but once he can't cut all that weight to 45 no more, he's going to have to change his body to compete at LW, which i'm sure he will

his chin will never be the same after this fight, granted it will still be great because this was his first REAL war + he's still a young bull but you LOOSE something in fights like this going forward, not just in fighting but in life too....major brain damage taken tonight, max ain't necessarily a big guy either...5'11 with a 69" reach he gets him no advantages at 55 like he does at 45.

He's in a tough spot, he can probably dominate 45 as long as he can make the cut, but once he can't cut all that weight to 45 no more, he's going to have to change his body to compete at LW, which i'm sure he will

The amount of brain damage done in that war last night :sick:

Corny. I hate when fighters wanna pick fights with folks below their weight class. What exactly are you proving?

As far as Max, yeah he needs a good S&C coach if he's gonna make it to 155. Unlike Conor who killed himself to make 145 and is a more natural lightweight, Max is just a skinny a dude. Even if he blows up past 145 between camps it's not muscle, just undisciplined eating.

Also Max needs to add some head movement and defensive boxing to his game. He got a hell of a chin but it ain't granite. Aldo and Poirier both rocked him bad, even Ortega had him kinda hurt. He recovers great, but depending on his chin and his recovery might not keep getting him past tough opponents, especially if he decides to try 155 again.

I agree Max needs to work on his head movement. Simply absorbing head blows and brain trauma not conducive to winning nor for his long term health. His durability is legendary. The other guys Dustin has put away are much bigger than Max

I also agree that Max potentially might not be the same after the match. At the very least his long term health was impacted. This is exactly what I stated coming into the match, I knew one or both of these guys would leave a part of themselves in the cage

i think it was an interview that he did, not necessarily a tweet

i think what pushes jones is that he reads his tweets from fans and can't refrain from replying back

jones hates the nt’er 4wrestling. Even comments on 4w’s ig posts and calls him mutant face.

Last edited:
Just watched the card.

Israel/Kelvin was the fight of the year.

Kelvin surprised me with his striking. He had Israel in trouble in the first and fourth. He also has a tough chin.

Israel surprised me with his grappling and takedown defense. When he attempted the triangle, I was like yooooo!!

My friend downplayed SB’s takedown defense. And asked me what he would do against Weidman or Romero? He said Weidman overcame Gastellum with his grappling.

Holloway/Porier. Had it as a draw. Gave round one 10-8 Dustin. Gave second round to Dustin. Gave rounds 3-5 to Max. That was a robbery.

Life is all bout taking risks so I can’t fault Max for taking that fight. But Dustin was clearly bigger and has fought in that division for a few years.

It’s prize fighting but they ain’t doing some of these fighters a favor. Imagine Conor against Tyron when he was champ. Tyron walks around at 200+. C’mon.

Nate couldn’t stay at WW. He was too small. Till, WB, Woodley, Marty from NE, etc are all big dudes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom