The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I catch all my fights at a local sports bar down the street with the homies. I can't complain about this card. I respect cm punk but there are many guys out there that deserve to be in his place.

You could tell by his training videos that cm punklooked uncomfortable and awkward. He got his money though at least he can say that.

I'm looking forward to that Dan hendo and Bisping fight. That's going to be amazing :pimp:

Lol there's an old video of overeem when he was on steroids. Flexing during the weigh ins and now look at him. Correct me if I'm wrong but many people that get off the gear have horrible careers afterwards. They just aren't the same.

Reem has put together some solid wins but anytime his chin gets touched he's going down. Reminds of a AA lol

That was some clean ground and pound by Miocic
laugh.gif

Reem really didn't look that bad, his chin is just horrible so it makes him looked panicked when he starts to get threatened

He had stipe hurt two or three times

People seem to be clowning reem for the performance but he was pretty close to winning. It was a nice fight I can't even complain

Reem really didn't look that bad, his chin is just horrible so it makes him looked panicked when he starts to get threatened

People seem to be clowning reem for the performance but he was pretty close to winning. It was a nice fight I can't even complain
in this case I tend to believe the other guy ... You know the one that said he wasn't even hurt or in danger rather than the one that said he make the other dude tap and when they reply he didn't even admit he was wrong.

Just saying.

no, they dont use you and discard you

this fight never should have happened, but yet dana put together another sham situation to try and draw brock ppv numbers

seriously, a guy 0-0 making his debut in the ufc, dana white the sham master

That's the textbook definition of using someone

Lol there's an old video of overeem when he was on steroids. Flexing during the weigh ins and now look at him. Correct me if I'm wrong but many people that get off the gear have horrible careers afterwards. They just aren't the same.

Ha. Was that the weigh-ins when arianny's eyes bulged out when she saw how big he was?

Neither dude moved their head. Both just standing tall exchanging
laugh.gif

They kept calling them decorated strikers, but they literally just played rock-n-sock em while circling each other.

Ha. Was that the weigh-ins when arianny's eyes bulged out when she saw how big he was?

that was brock/overeem weigh ins
arianny and joe rogan's reaction when brock was flexing his chest up and down and when overeem flexed :lol:

ufc needs to let these guys stay juiced. ubereem would've finished the fight last night

Last edited:
in this case I tend to believe the other guy ... You know the one that said he wasn't even hurt or in danger rather than the one that said he make the other dude tap and when they reply he didn't even admit he was wrong.

Just saying.
What you mean Keko? I was referring to the fan reaction to how the fight played out
Neither dude moved their head. Both just standing tall exchanging :lol:

They kept calling them decorated strikers, but they literally just played rock-n-sock em while circling each other.
That's the heavyweight division hahahaha

It was a great entertaining spectacle. Heavyweights don't get in there for head movement and footwork

^yeah, not gonna shoulder roll when some dude is throwing a fist the size of a mailbox at you
throw your punch and hope you dont get countered

Last edited:
I catch all my fights at a local sports bar down the street with the homies. I can't complain about this card. I respect cm punk but there are many guys out there that deserve to be in his place.

You could tell by his training videos that cm punklooked uncomfortable and awkward. He got his money though at least he can say that.

I'm looking forward to that Dan hendo and Bisping fight. That's going to be amazing :pimp:

that was brock/overeem weigh ins
arianny and joe rogan's reaction when brock was flexing his chest up and down and when overeem flexed :lol:

ufc needs to let these guys stay juiced. ubereem would've finished the fight last night

Yea Brock vs reem :rofl:. He was a monster :x

no, they dont use you and discard you

this fight never should have happened, but yet dana put together another sham situation to try and draw brock ppv numbers

seriously, a guy 0-0 making his debut in the ufc, dana white the sham master
That's the textbook definition of using someone
he knew what they were getting into, dont make it seem like he didnt know what he was doing

who else has the ufc used and discarded after 1 fight?  especially a fight in which that fighter actually performed? you make it seem like some ongoing practice for the ufc

they didnt use him, they gave him an opportunity in which he failed to perform, you could argue that he used them, but the reality is no one used anyone

conor "having the ufc by the balls" is nothing but dana white pulling another sham in order to market conor as a champ every chance he gets without losing the title

Last edited:
I'm sure Punk made some money but he probably should've started on the amateur circuit. Or they should've treated it like Hershel Walker/Bobby Lashley and fed him a can. They should've learned from the Sage and Page experiments or ugh Kimbo.

After hearing about he shenanigans, not even going to go back and check out this event.

Last edited:
^definitely one of the stranger events.
hostile cleveland crowd from the beginning.
bunch of pro wrasslin fans
total nonsense during post fight interviews
mini-brock lookin official. dude had to be on something. do they not test officials?

I'm sure Punk made some money but he probably should've started on the amateur circuit. Or they should've treated it like Hershel Walker/Bobby Lashley and fed him a can. They should've learned from the Sage and Page experiments or ugh Kimbo.

After hearing about he shenanigans, not even going to go back and check out this event.

cm was open to that idea of an amateur fight, but dana offered him the chance to do it at a ppv event. i think cm decline an TUF road, knowing he would be exposed. would've been best if he fought someone at his level just to get his feet wet. both parties knew they had to cash out of taking into account his age and his lack of experience (milk him before he takes a L in the amateur). the guy is nearly 40, best case scenario was getting maybe...3 bouts out of him

it's funny the hate ufc got for this. it's not like they do these "entertainment" bouts at every event. probably wont see another one in awhile. what was the last one? james toney? brock? (cant call brock a circus event, since he did have some background) that was yrs ago

Last edited:
Kimbo? He had no business being in MMA.

Asking Gina Carano to come back lol? She had no business being back in the cage after the savage beating she took and being away from the game for so long.

I hear you. It just seemed like a money grab. There was just no way he was going to make a serious career/run out of this with him A) Being unathletic, B) Having no strong base or solid MMA experience and C) Old.

Sucks that he burned the bridges with the WWE. But there's always TNA, RoH, NJPW or Bellator.

Last edited:
Kimbo?

Asking Gina Carano to come back lol?

I hear you. It just seemed like a money grab. There was just no way he was going to make a serious career/run out of this with him A) Being unathletic, B) Having no strong base or solid MMA experience and C) Old.

Sucks that he burned the bridges with the WWE. But there's always TNA, RoH, NJPW or Bellator.

he just wanted to do something next stage in his career. dana asked if he was interested when he attended an event and he said, "why, not?" and that went from there. money grab on ufc and cm was more than happy to take it :lol:

kimbo at least had some background and even after being "exposed" early on, he stuck with his training and made his way up
ronda was washing everyone, why not have gina come back. it wasn't like she had no background

it's funny the hate ufc got for this. it's not like they do these "entertainment" bouts at every event. probably wont see another one in awhile. what was the last one? james toney? brock? (cant call brock a circus event, since he did have some background) that was yrs ago
this was the worst yet

they asked a guy who plays a fighter on tv to actually fight someone
mean.gif

Yeah, I'm not going to knock the opportunity. I just can't understand the Mickey Gall matchup. They needed to give him a DaDa level opponent.

But I'm sure there are folks out there grinding to make it to the UFC and annoyed by the situation. Shoot, Ben Askren is "banned" from competing there. Though Rory's obviously there so he could possibly parlay that.

Kimbo was fed cans or past their prime fighters. He wasn't going to be able to compete against LHW or HWs. He was a street fighter. Not knocking it. And not knocking Elite Trying to parlay the internet phenom into $$$. But he wasn't going to amount to anything.

Last edited:
They probably thought matching him up with someone 2-0 wouldn't be so bad. rogan said gall was a bjj brown belt though so he was experienced on the ground. Matching him up with someone who was also 0-0 might've been absolutley bad from an entertainment aspect.

this was the worst yet

they asked a guy who plays a fighter on tv to actually fight someone:smh:

mentioned this before...if anything, i'm surprised that got sanctioned. that was some old school mma booking like in the early days. :lol:
dana threw a young lion at him. gall probably had a legit career in mma regardless. that was going to be his career path regardless if he fought punk. if he lost, then punk has "some" skills and gall continues to fight

not everyone is going to fight for a title. they have to fill their cards and all the events they have

that's why i respek anyone that can get as much as they can from ufc. they out here making money and got sold for BILLIONS. smarten up and use them as well $

Last edited:
they cant really NOT sanction it as long as all of the protocols are followed

it just happened to be on a major ppv instead of some small circuit

dana white folks

Back
Top Bottom