The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

So how exactly is Jon Jones allowed to compete in this grappling match with hendo? Dana doesn't have a say in this or is he allowing it...

Hendo: "I plan on ripping his leg off"

Lol

guys compete in wrestling and BJJ tournaments all the time while under contract

I don't think you need a license to compete in a wrestling/grappling/BJJ tourney

super cool these 2 are able to fight somehow seeing all the **** they talked to each other, respect to them for putting money where mouth is.

I feel like hendo going to get ran through though

When's the last time a guy of jones stature competed in a grappling match while under contract? albeit jones can't compete in the UFC til next year and obviously has his issues

I honestly can't remember

Khabib will be on with Ariel tomorrow... leggo

Did he cancel?

Edit: looks like he did. I was wondering what happened. At 1:56:00 his manager came on and said khabib was tired of talking about the "green chicken" :lol:
Sucks though, I was looking forward to it

Last edited:
Is this old?
laugh.gif

McGreGOAT :smokin :pimp:

Kevin Gastelum has reportedly been suspended 6 months by the NY state athletic commission for failing to appear for weigh ins

Last edited:
evans done.

wonder what he has thats holding him back?

Kennedy has said that he believes they identified brain damage.

Not far fetched considering Jordan Parsons was diagnosed with CTE during the autopsy they performed and he probably took way less punishment than Rashad did throughout his career.

Blackzilians also have a rep for going way too hard in sparring which doesn't really make the healing process for brain injuries any easier.

Last edited:
Khabib released a statement saying he'd fight Ferguson for the interim

He said it's the key to open the door to Conor but right now conor has too many people guarding the door

Khabib is that dude

lol interim?

Conor JUST won the belt, I doubt hes out until may.

Conor likely relinquishes 45, goes for the trilogy against nate.....tries to settle score and probably retires after that

theres no incentive or logical reason to fight khabib...its not like he has a belt or anything

After seeing MJ light khabib up, i have no doubt conor could sleep him.

Can khabib go out there and just hold him down for 25 mins and pound him out? sure, Id prolly even bet on it....but as a fan Im not really interested in that, I bet hella doods can hold conor down for 25 and beat him up. Cool story.

I wanna see doods bang it out.

Khabib aint that guy.

Last edited:
Regardless strictly speaking off who deserves what, khabib and Ferguson have been the #1 contenders... for.. a while

Now that they've both come off extremely impressive wins their cases are even stronger

Nate will most likely get the fight but he doesn't deserve it over those other two

Conor will most def light Khabib up if they stood in front of each other, but this isn't boxing so I don't have a problem with ground and pound. Khabib keeps active too. would I rather see them stand up and bang? Yeah. But won't be disappointed if Khabib goes for the takedown. Gotta do what you gotta do to win.

Conor will most def light Khabib up if they stood in front of each other, but this isn't boxing so I don't have a problem with ground and pound. Khabib keeps active too. would I rather see them stand up and bang? Yeah. But won't be disappointed if Khabib goes for the takedown. Gotta do what you gotta do to win.
Exactly

I want to see the best regardless. Khabib isn't a boring fighter by any means to me anyway

Lol at the NYSAC handing out suspensions like candy on Halloween.

Gastelum 6 months for missing weigh ins.
Alves 3 months for missing weight.
Romero 2 months for jumping out the cage.

:lol:

Khabib pounding on someone (no homo) for 25 minutes isn't boring at all. It's legitimately scary how he manhandles grown *** MMA fighters with his wrestling. WIth that said, one precise punch from Conor could put him to sleep. It'll be a killer matchup IMO, two contrasting styles

Honestly at 155 I'm not seeing too many fighters holding down conor (khabib is one of the few who can)

He's made for that class he was too drained at 45.. much more spring at 55 and he was fighting too heavy at 70

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom