The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

7B03B331-8019-45DB-8AD2-178602226682.jpeg

Also Breaking: Rockhold has already pulled out due to injury.

So there are no clean athletes?
At the top 1%? I really don't believe so. I mean the worst player in the NBA who's never played a minute may be clean despite being hte best league in the world, but nobody's going to convince me the mid to top athletes in their respective sports are clean.

And I'm not talking about stuff like TRT/Growth hormone, that's kind of next level

Most of the top guys have likely taken something whether it was for recovery, cutting, getting stronger or other reasons. Although I'm not a fan of TJ's this is still unfortunate for the sport.

Wonder what they do with the division moving forward, vacant titlefight between Cejudo and Moraes?

At the top 1%? I really don't believe so. I mean the worst player in the NBA who's never played a minute may be clean despite being hte best league in the world, but nobody's going to convince me the mid to top athletes in their respective sports are clean.

And I'm not talking about stuff like TRT/Growth hormone, that's kind of next level
Fair enough.
I personally think there are some top level athletes that are clean cause I'm not a PED expert so I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Cejudo or Cody?
Cejudo beat him in the first round, so I don't see them making TJ pay him anything. Not even sure if they make fighters pay their opponent anything after a W if they get popped.

Henry. Outcome shouldn't matter. You cheat against me it's no different than missing weight. Unfair advantage... if I'm Henry I want my 20%

Cody probably feels some type of way right now too

What if they made a rule along the lines of: If you get caught post match doping, you have to give your opponent 50% of purse.

Would be interesting...

TJ got caught juicing huh, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy :lol:

I was definitely looking forward to Moraes vs TJ tho :smh:, ah well

Yawn. Lee is an opportunist. RDA is riding a two fight loss streak. He’s lost to grapplers.

Guess UFC is just trying to make fights. Pettis and Lee clearly don’t want to swim in hat tank full of sharks.

Pettis is an idiot, he has no business at 170

Should have just fought Cowboy again

I'd just like to see him give 70 a whirl. He wasn't doing much of anything at 155 anyway, his best two wins in the past two years were Jim Miller and Chisea who missed weight

Imo contrary to the narrative, I didn't find his performance against a ring rusted Tony all that impressive. Plus I believe most of every 55er had an opponent already

He doesn't have much to lose, in fact he's pretty much in a no lose situation. Worst case, he gets KO'd by a bigger opponent in the next division up, and he's on a 2 fight losing streak. Not the end of the world. Who knows, I listened to a pod today and they were saying Pettis looks really healthy/happy. That extra weight could do something for him. It seems farfetched for him to compete with some of the wrestlers at 170, but say he pulls off the W and then soon they open up the 65 division, his name would then be in the mix at 55 and 65 (or 70 if 65 doesn't come)

A lot of anecdotal info.

Cejudo/Dillashaw. DC/Stipe. GSP/Bisping. Mcgregor/Alvarez.

The smaller guy won the fight. In all of the above, the “smaller” guy stopped the “bigger” guy.

Having said that. Both Porier and Holloway are former/current FWs.

Max is a big FW. He could probably fight at WW. He wouldn’t be giving up height.

Where I think Dustin has the advantage is early in the fight. If the fight goes on...Dustin might get the beating of his life. Max has taken some good shots from Aldo, T City.
LOL my man went UFC history on me and presented evidence...

Max is a TALL FW he's not big at all really....he really picking on small guys down there TBH, granted he does it well.

MAX at WW??? bro I KNOW you smokin da pakalolo :lol:

Finally catching up on all the Masvidal interviews...

Dude is about to take the Nate/Nick Diaz role and run away with it.

Back
Top Bottom