The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Vacate. Jones already fights so irregularly, him holding a title is pointless.
This is what I thought was originally going to happen, thought it made the most sense.

But dana said no, they want the Stipe vs Jones fight to be for the official title....

And I get it, both earned that fight and it could possibly be the last fight for both of them.

Tom is in a GREAT position right now, he's clearly the interim champ and has a guaranteed unifaction fight after jones and stipe fight...

what the **** is he crying about?

He want Jon to come back from recovery sooner?

He want Jon to not fight Stipe?

He sounds like an idiot right now.

Fight Gane or sit down and shut the the **** up

I totally get why they are still making JJ-Stipe but I'm sure I'm not alone when I say my appetite for it is low. Plus this isn't like the Barao situation where Cruz was hurt. I dunno maybe the UFC shouldn't have made the Pavlovich-Aspinall match for an interim belt if they still were going to make the other fight. Moreso it's that I'm frustrated with the situation but UFC will continue to change stipulations if it's for one of their top fighters.

But at the end of the day yes I'll still watch the Bones fight if and when it gets made later this year.

Isn't Jon rehabbing a pectoral injury/surgery? How is this different than the Dominic Cruz situation?

He injured it in October.

I think if things aren't moving in a positive direction by May/June I can understand. Fight Gane. Fight the winner of Almeida/Blaydes. Otherwise chillax.

Isn't Jon rehabbing a pectoral injury/surgery? How is this different than the Dominic Cruz situation?

He injured it in October.
My main beef is that while Jones is hurt he's now still planning to fight Stipe later this year. Then at the same time we have an interim champ who's healthy. I think this could be the first time both the undisputed and interim belts are defended concurrently.

This is what I thought was originally going to happen, thought it made the most sense.

But dana said no, they want the Stipe vs Jones fight to be for the official title....

And I get it, both earned that fight and it could possibly be the last fight for both of them.

Tom is in a GREAT position right now, he's clearly the interim champ and has a guaranteed unifaction fight after jones and stipe fight...

what the **** is he crying about?

He want Jon to come back from recovery sooner?

He want Jon to not fight Stipe?

He sounds like an idiot right now.

Fight Gane or sit down and shut the the **** u

Question
If jones retires after beating stipe /
Does that make Aspinall the official heavyweight champ or does he remain interim and still has to fight for the actual belt against a #1 contender?

I have a feeling that Francis is going to get outclassed and smoked by Anthony Joshua.

Even though AJ isn't the technician that Tyson Fury is and has a glass jaw, he's not going to take Francis lightly the way Tyson did.

He'll probably stay on the outside as much as possible and use his jab to pick Francis apart.

...wouldn't surprise me if he gets the knockout either.

Zero sympathy for Ian Garry. His wife put herself in this position if I recall correctly given she is his manager.

She has a hand in everything he does from the Geoff Neal mugshot shirt to getting Magny in trouble with family services. They are both scumbags and if they weren’t putting trash out, they would get **** on in return.

Question
If jones retires after beating stipe /
Does that make Aspinall the official heavyweight champ or does he remain interim and still has to fight for the actual belt against a #1 contender?
In the event the champion relinquishes/and or retires

The interim title holder and #1 contender would fight to unify

gotta earn that official belt

Rob was interim and didn't have to face a number 1 contender after GSP retired. He was instantly undisputed.

I have a feeling that Francis is going to get outclassed and smoked by Anthony Joshua.

Even though AJ isn't the technician that Tyson Fury is and has a glass jaw, he's not going to take Francis lightly the way Tyson did.

He'll probably stay on the outside as much as possible and use his jab to pick Francis apart.

...wouldn't surprise me if he gets the knockout either.
It’s possible. We have no info on Fury’s training camp, attitude and motivation going into the N’Gannou fight.

I give props to Eric Nicksick and Dewey Cooper for how they prepared Francis and the game plan.

Hopefully they treat it as dire and desperate. If Francis wins!!! In Paul Wall parlance, the internet would go 🥜
Zero sympathy for Ian Garry. His wife put herself in this position if I recall correctly given she is his manager.

She has a hand in everything he does from the Geoff Neal mugshot shirt to getting Magny in trouble with family services. They are both scumbags and if they weren’t putting trash out, they would get **** on in return.
I wonder if she wrote the notes for him during today’s interview with Ariel? I do have slight sympathy since according to Sean Strickland, women, children and trauma are off limits in the war of worlds.

I couldn’t stand when Conor said DP’s wife was in his DM. That leg break was karma?
In the event the champion relinquishes/and or retires

The interim title holder and #1 contender would fight to unify

gotta earn that official belt
Is there a rule for this? Is there any rhyme or reason to how the UFC handles things?
Rob was interim and didn't have to face a number 1 contender after GSP retired. He was instantly undisputed.
Renan Barao. Robert Whitaker. Obviously they prefer #1 contender/title fights a la Max/Aldo, DJ/Benavides, Henry/Moraes, Pereira/Jiri, Glover/Hill, Valentina/JJ, etc?

unfortunately for Tom, all he can do is wait. Unless he wants to fight Gane (UFC 300?)

This whole thing could of been avoided if the UFC wasn't so quick to hand out another interim belt. The fight with Sergei should of just been for #1 contender but it was short notice so maybe that was the only way to get them both to agree was to offer the interim belt.. who knows.

So now we have to wait for Jones v Stipe just for both of them to retire anyway.

unfortunately for Tom, all he can do is wait. Unless he wants to fight Gane (UFC 300?)

This whole thing could of been avoided if the UFC wasn't so quick to hand out another interim belt. The fight with Sergei should of just been for #1 contender but it was short notice so maybe that was the only way to get them both to agree was to offer the interim belt.. who knows.

So now we have to wait for Jones v Stipe just for both of them to retire anyway.

Am I the only one who thinks Jones/aspinal could happen next year? The more noise aspinal makes the more likely I think it is Jones has to fight him after stipe. Especially if tom potentially defends the interim and keeps calling for Jones.

Not surprised at all, Mike heck was predicting this

It’s a completely uninteresting match all the way around. Would be in mma but even worse in boxing

Who wants to see this lol. I hope they get money though
I'd rather they do it in Masvidals BK MMA org. After Nates last boxing match I really have little desire to see him box again.

Back
Top Bottom