The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

yeah this fight showed alot,

-conor cant stop the takedown
-can be held
-very basic gaurd
-open to submissions on the gound
-keeps his hands low
-no head movement
-has a chin

we ALL already knew he had KO power in the left......KO'ing mendes wasnt shocking or un-expected at all..

2 week mendes won round1 and was able to implement his will and gameplan on conor. Dominated mcgregor on the ground, and had success with his "t-rex" arms in the stand up.

Conor is very beatable.

Last edited:

-can be held
-very basic gaurd
-keeps his hands low
-no head movement
-has a chin

we ALL already knew he had KO power in the left......KO'ing mendes wasnt shocking or un-expected at all..

2 week mendes won round1 and was able to implement his will and gameplan on conor. Dominated mcgregor on the ground, and had success with his "t-rex" arms in the stand up.

Conor is very beatable.

View media item 1823908

I disagree

brimmage - uber-can
holloway - contender
drandao - can
poirer - solid
siver - uber-can

If i looked at those succession of wins in that division WITHOUT knowing it was conor, I would laugh if someone told me that warrants a title shot on aldo...especially not fighting mendes, llamas, frankie, or cub.

you'll see the gap tomorrow.
So who deserved the shot more than Conor?

Lol @ the "interim belt"

everyone knows that belt is as fugazi as a pair of fragment Jordan I's from perfectkickz.net fam

Lol @ the "interim belt"

everyone knows that belt is as fugazi as a pair of fragment Jordan I's from perfectkickz.net fam
20111214021231_press__jose_aldo2.JPG

at the time before frankie shut him down, cub was on a solid 6 fight win streak (no cans)...and Frankie of course are the 2 names that come to mind
Yet Cub lost to Frankie, so you can't give Cub the shot. Frankie definitely has a reason to feel overlooked... but anyone else? No

And Conor is definitely beatable. Don't know why that's even a question 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
^ yeah but they had fought BEFORE conor fought siver for the title shot.....they was basically the title elimnator right there...

but they skipped over frankie and fed conor siver

hell they could have conor fight cub or frankie AFTER!

but Im not here to argue, cats always tryna argue.....

Im just saying conors run to the title shot was weak AF if you cant see that you drinking the juice

Last edited:
^ yeah but they had fought BEFORE conor fought siver for the title shot.....they was basically the title elimnator right there...

but they skipped over frankie and fed conor siver

hell they could have conor fight cub or frankie AFTER!

but Im not here to argue, cats always tryna argue.....

Im just saying conors run to the title shot was weak AF if you cant see that you drinking the juice
Right, so I'm saying Frankie has a reason to feel overlooked

I'm not here to argue either, I'm simply having a discussion

Conor's path to the title, before the Mendes fight was definitely questionable. My whole thing is really Frankie was the only one that deserved it

Conor's road to contention wasn't anything spectacular, but he was the best candidate for the TS that's not named Frankie.

Had Cub beat Frankie, I would say Cub deserved to be the contender.

Edit: on a side note, anyone use the UFC app for PPV? How's the stream? Are there any buffering?

Last edited:
A bigger point to everything is the media. The media does a lot of free promotion for the UFC and that plays into the "hype" that we see with all of these new faces

True, good point. The media definitely runs with things too so you can't put all the hype completely on Dana and them. And yeah they've definitely done well so far, just been making some interesting moves here and there.

I'm saying though, she couldn't even finish the ESPN interview without busting into tears, she's probably not coming to that guy's ball :lol:. She's depressed, got a split lip and messed up jaw, looks like she gained weight too. She should talk to the guy at least but I'm not mad at that one.

-can be held
-very basic gaurd
-keeps his hands low
-no head movement
-has a chin

Conor is very beatable.

Yeah man, the closer this fight gets the more I think Conor is gonna get solidly beat. Conor has youth, size, a chin, and that straight left hand, but if Aldo can control whether the fight is standing or on the ground like I think he can, Conor is gonna have a long night. And I still think Aldo is faster overall, that's gonna play a part too. If Conor pulls it out I'll definitely give him credit because that's a real tough win for him.

And I think if Conor loses he gets more backlash than maybe Chael after Anderson 2 just because he's more unproven and got fastracked pretty quick, but I doubt he gets as much as Ronda. Mainly because he's not as big of a mainstream star, but also because Ronda was just more polarizing, more hyped, and came off in alot of situations as more unlikeable. People were definitely waiting on her to lose. Conor comes off like a pretty decent guy outside of the promo trash talk.

Also in regards to the UFC hype, this Jack Slack article probably summed up the UFCs recent pushes better than I could:

Hand picking his opponents, making an entire reality show on Fight Pass just to hype his debut, name dropping him in interviews—it seems at this point that the best thing for Sage Northcutt's fan appeal would be if UFC brass would just stop talking about him. He's an exciting fighter, he's young, and at the risk of sounding like Steve Austin “he's got a great body”. He has all the tools to be a star on his own—if he needs the UFC to flog him like a dead horse and cherry pick his opponents, he'll just end up being resented for it. And heels only move merchandise if they can talk, Northcutt doesn't seem like he has anything divisive to say about anything. Give him a fight that represents what you think he can do, not someone who is clearly supposed to get steam rolled.

Both Vanzant and Northcutt have suffered because the UFC have been so transparent about their desire to see Northcutt and Vanzant succeed. It's an interesting question—whether special steps should be taken to develop prospects in MMA as in boxing. MMA has lost a lot of interesting match ups because contenders knock each other back at every stage on the ladder but that cut throat contender vs contender matchmaking makes for fantastic, competitive fights on every level of the card. After the UFC's successful marketing of Conor McGregor, and its attempts with Paige & Sage, it will be interesting to see whether it continues this experiment in 2016.

So yeah, It'll be interesting to see if they try to stick with that boxing model of creating fighters.

If Conor loses, he'll win in the experience gained. He'll probably be gracious in defeat and end up befriending Aldo. I think the two do respect each other.

If his spirit is as broken as Rousey's is/was, he can always transition into being a movement coach.

Last edited:
MMA fans are way more invested than boxing fans, we see through the BS that boxing promoters can get through.....

You really believe this?

:lol:

Same thing Dana did with Paige/Ronda or whoever is the same thing Al Haymon was/is doing with guys like Danny Garcia, Peter Qullin etc.

And everyone sees it. It's no different.

Over under 2 the amount of pump fakes connor does at the staredown

Weidman rockhold bouta be an interesting one, I predict rockhold gets in his face

Back
Top Bottom