The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

What, you expect Islam and Khabib to say they're going to lose? lol

Khabib, the same guy who at every turn said he'd smash a prime Tony Ferguson who was on a crazy win streak

These dudes are ultra confident, they're gonna always say they're gonna smash

I don't think there was this whole wave of doubters for Charles going into the Justin fight. I think the consensus was was that it was a great matchup

I don't understand this "everyone doubts him" stuff, honestly

There were a lot on the Justin Wave. Something, something, he’s going to beat him in the stand up. Charles only key to success is on the ground. We’ve literally seen this man endure through adversity 3 straight times.

Islam is a different challenge. I admit. My man got some amazing strength and wrestling. His grapple is solid and obviously a result of his strength. Khabib claimed Islam subbed ADDC champs.

I wouldn't say people said he had no chance but a lot of big betting folks I follow and preview shows from the MMA sites had Justin winning.

Even the betting lines showed more action on Justin. Lines opened up a little over 2:1 on Charles but then by fight week he was about -180. It got even more lopsided after Charles missed weight.

Because someone picks a fighter to win doesn’t necessarily mean there’s some huge doubt about the other

I don’t think there is this the world vs Charles narrative going on

Smart analysts weren’t casting this large shadow of doubt on Charles chances

I’m picking Islam over Charles. No, that doesn’t mean I’m doubting Charles, lol. I think it’s a very tough fight to call. If I had to pick, I’m going islam due to the rough and tumble ground game

I’m picking Islam over Charles. No, that doesn’t mean I’m doubting Charles, lol. I think it’s a very tough fight to call. If I had to pick, I’m going islam due to the rough and tumble ground game
I’d say we all are going to eat crow if Charley keeps doing what he does. But that takedown and Dagestan are certainly a tough challenge. I’m sure Charles is a better grappler. The way Islam made Hooker tap by brute force. 😳

It’s not eating crow lol. If I say it’s a close fight and I happen to be wrong on my prediction that’s not really crow

If I said Charles will get dominated and I’m wrong, that is crow

They should let Charles do it in front of his crowd. Give my man home advantage versus that Abu Dhabi mess. That might help him hulk up and overcome that Dagestan strength.

I think olivera beats islam TBH

Better stand up, better scrambles and that BJJ.

Islam got that pressure, but so does Charlie.

Charlie got reach on him too, bodes well for stand up and BJJ

As a New Yorker, who grew up in the Favellas of the Bronx, I’m happy to see the support on this forum for Do Bronx.

No one can crack open that can of olives…

MMA news.

Khabib outlining how Islam would beat Charles ro Henry and Kamaru. Conor and Henry going back and forth on Twitter. GSP outlining how’d he beat Usman.

What a way for eagle FC to turn out tonight

Co main ends in no contest and JDS was winning the fight until he throws his shoulder out throwing a punch

Back
Top Bottom