The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Entertaining fight.

Wife asked me when Wonderboy is coming out after he smacked Holland’s cheeks at the end of the round. :lol:

LOL at Holland. Man's does not have the skills of being a top 10 WW but he could've slid right in there easily today.

He was in position to drop heavy gnp in the first 2 rounds but decides to just let WB back up quick. Earned some extra CTE just to cater to fans.

His length and power on straight shots can take him far in WW but seems like he doesn't care enough. Had he won, him vs. Masvidal could've been a fun 5 round co main on the Leon/Usman ppv.

Last edited:
Didn't know Anik announced on the broadcast that Tatiana Suarez is scheduled to return 1st quarter of the new year. Hopefully, she can return back to form and those injuries aren't permanently damaging to her career.

Didn't know Anik announced on the broadcast that Tatiana Suarez is scheduled to return 1st quarter of the new year. Hopefully, she can return back to form and those injuries aren't permanently damaging to her career.

I must of totally missed this

I would assume she returns on main card of the March Vegas card

Holland can’t complain the UFC hasn’t given him opportunities.

The broken hand is regrettable.

But keeping it standing was puzzling. Second round he had the opportunity to control, GnP, or try to submit WB. His team kept telling him to mix it up. But by then it was too late.

Also, was the “fast” comment because an almost 40 year old WB is indeed fast. Or maybe he wasn’t ready for that pace?

Pavlovich looked scary. Jon, Francis, and Blaydes are sort of tied up for the March PPV. Tom Aspinal got hurt. Gane the only other top contender left.

LOL at Holland. Man's does not have the skills of being a top 10 WW but he could've slid right in there easily today.

He was in position to drop heavy gnp in the first 2 rounds but decides to just let WB back up quick. Earned some extra CTE just to cater to fans.

His length and power on straight shots can take him far in WW but seems like he doesn't care enough. Had he won, him vs. Masvidal could've been a fun 5 round co main on the Leon/Usman ppv.
You’re laughing at a guy who fought his *** off for four rounds with a broken hand?

…okay.

Do ya think it was one of the kicks that broke his hand? Or a punch? Haven’t really listened to any post fight coverage.

You’re laughing at a guy who fought his *** off for four rounds with a broken hand?

…okay.
Laughing cause the poor fight IQ and the decisions he made. Showing how tough you are by absorbing an enormous amount of brain and liver damage is not the move, man.

He broke 3 bones in his dominant/power hand in the first round. He knew how much of a disadvantage he was at for the rest of the fight but refused to take advantage of grappling positions that he wound up in or mix things up like his corner was asking for. Mans decided to brawl with 1 hand, only to be gassed by the 3rd and a real life BOB bag in the 4th.

Why even continue to fight after the 1st if you had no plans to win?

From the guy who lost an eye to the sport.

I kind of agree with Bisping.

Kevin has a lil charisma and can put on an exciting show.

But all of the talking, not addressing wrestling TDD, and poor decisions will hurt his chances of reaching true success. He’ll just be one of those entertaining guys.

His hand broken…and not taking advantage to get WB out of there was a poor decision. Worst case, the ground work might have slowed WB a lil bit. Holland literally played to WB’s strengths.

I mean he looked like a skraight censored after the Khamzat fight. All that smoke prior. And a means to validate how far his wrestling training went. Also, he demonstrated more grappling in that fight than the WB one.

Those fighters ain’t going to change their game plans or bread and butter for Holland. It just seems foolish. Man messing with his bag. And now he’s going to be out at least 8 months. Probably should retire.

Holland really doesn't seem like a fighter who's obsessed with being the best and getting the title. Like a Nick Young type dude who just wants to have some fun in the cage.

Looks at WW top ten. My man, Luque the only striker in the top 10. Michel Pereira at #14 is the next striker. Everyone else is a wrestler or has it in their game.

Last edited:

Izzy’s comments during the Holland/WB fight.

Definitely still have Jiri/Glover 1 as the FoTY. Probably followed by Burns/Chimaev. Holland/Thompson is definitely in the conversation.

Back
Top Bottom