The Modern Man Is a Wimp (article)

Pretty interesting stuff in this article
eek.gif

Sourceof info

LONDON (Reuters) - Many prehistoric Australian aboriginals could have outrun world 100 and 200 meters record holder Usain Bolt in modern conditions.

Some Tutsi men in Rwanda exceeded the current world high jump record of 2.45 meters during initiation ceremonies in which they had to jump at least their own height to progress to manhood.

Any Neanderthal woman could have beaten former bodybuilder and current California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in an arm wrestle.
* Roman legions completed more than one-and-a-half marathons a day carrying more than half their body weight in equipment.

* Athens employed 30,000 rowers who could all exceed the achievements of modern oarsmen.

* Australian aboriginals threw a hardwood spear 110 meters or more (the current world javelin record is 98.48).

Originally Posted by Politics As Usual 22

* Roman legions completed more than one-and-a-half marathons a day carrying more than half their body weight in equipment.

* Australian aboriginals threw a hardwood spear 110 meters or more (the current world javelin record is 98.48).

eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Thats because those dudes had to do that stuff to eat. The ones that couldn't do that died because they couldn't survive.

pretty cool. definitely like living in the 21st century tho.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
no worries about getting speared or chasing down some animal to eat

Its not hard to believe if you think about it. I didn't even have to read the article

It doesn't matter if they could do all that stuff, when they couldn't even figure out a way to live past 40.

those facts are interesting, but yeah i think it's obvious modern man is far weaker than the olden ages

however, we have a much longer life expectancy and sooooo many modern luxuries.. which i would rather have than the ability to throw a spear or jump high

what can i say?

proof?

the other stuff, i can believe. but this... i dunno.

Idk
How did they get all these measurements/scales?
If we have all this technology and science I'd like to think we were going forward.
The Schwarzennegger 1 is the most unbelieveable

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

proof?

the other stuff, i can believe. but this... i dunno.
Don't see what's hard to believe about this. Weapons and armor are heavy. A marathon is about 26 miles and when you consider that battleswere walked to in rushed manner to help change the tide, 39 miles is very possible.

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

Originally Posted by Al Audi

they mustve had CRAZY sex back in those days
Any Neanderthal woman could have beaten former bodybuilder and current California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in an arm wrestle.

Yeah, I'll sit this one out.

neanderthal_woman.jpg

ok they did have the strength of a grown chimp back then......

but dudes back then could handle the backshots or we wouldnt be here today.

now you got many grown men today displaying traits of anorexia. its crazy.

edit: JustScore from the female if you read wrong.

I wonder what the limits of human size and strength could be if natural selection went a different way. Like could you have people 10 feet tall walking aroundbenching 1500 pounds and runing the 100 in 5 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom