The most marketable player in the NBA is Dirk Nowitzki

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

No one will even care about Dirk or the Mavs this time next year.

No one cared about them before May 2011 either. Again, this is a ridiculous survey.
QFT, survey means nothing.  LeBron is the most marketable cause his image regardless of postive/negative response will revoke a reaction.  LeBron had 100m worth of endorsements, hihest rated finals appearance in a long time.  Dirk is only surveyed as the most cause he is the foil to everything Bron supposedly represents.

How does he not have a lifetime deal with his favorite beer? How?!

laugh.gif

He's marketable because he just won the championship and he's white. Was he even in the top 10 in this survey last season?

^ So the list of the rest of the most marketable people would be names like Brian Wilson, Jason Kidd, and Aaron Rodgers, right?

I bet they're not even in the top million.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

No one cared about them before May 2011 either. Again, this is a ridiculous survey.
QFT, survey means nothing.  LeBron is the most marketable cause his image regardless of postive/negative response will revoke a reaction.  LeBron had 100m worth of endorsements, hihest rated finals appearance in a long time.  Dirk is only surveyed as the most cause he is the foil to everything Bron supposedly represents.
The bolded makes absolutely no sense.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ So the list of the rest of the most marketable people would be names like Brian Wilson, Jason Kidd, and Aaron Rodgers, right?

laugh.gif

Brian Wilson and Aaron Rodgers don't play basketball and maybe if this was 2002 J-Kidd would be on the list (he's also black). Dirk is the main man on the team that just won the championship, who is also white and is everything that LeBron is not.....in a sports world that's doing everything possible to go Anti-Bron. Not too tough to do the math there....

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Do you mean total, or just last year? Because he only had 28m in endorsements last year (not that that's bad or anything).....

Buc Em:
23ska909red02:

laugh.gif

Brian Wilson and Aaron Rodgers don't play basketball and maybe if this was 2002 J-Kidd would be on the list (he's also black). Dirk is the main man on the team that just won the championship, who is also white and is everything that LeBron is not.....in a sports world that's doing everything possible to go Anti-Bron. Not too tough to do the math there....
Damn... it does say 'NBA' in the thread title.
laugh.gif
My bad w/ Wilson and Aaron.

Anyways... I'm thinking the rest of the list is pretty much all non-white, non champions. Kobe, Wade, Bron, Rose, Dwight...

Back
Top Bottom