The NBA Draft Thread

Bender would scare me a bit for top 5. Doesn't seem to have the same type of mentality as KP and doesn't have the freakish measurables either. Obviously it's unfair to judge every euro against KP. Could certainly end up being a very nice player though. I just would find it very difficult to take the project type players (Bender/Brown) over the more established guards (Dunn/Hield/Murray) in this particular draft...

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN
Ohio State big man Trevor Thompson told ESPN he will take advantage of the new rule and declare for the NBA Draft — but will not hire agent.

Doubt he'll stay in + testing waters by not hiring an agent.

Jaylen Brown. Scored well early and against some tough conference opponents to start January, but has really fell off a cliff and has that to show for potentially his only college season. Only four games in which he made more than one trey all season, to convey how far he is away from being frequent with that shot AND frequently confident. I haven't yet figured out where I'd take him but as of now it's not really in the top 5 at all.

View media item 1967547

At this point after the top 3 of Simmons, Ingram and Bender.  I think Marquese Chriss will end up going #4

Don't care how many guards the Celtics have. If they don't get a top 2 pick, I'm taking Buddy all day...

I love me some Buddy I have no clue how he'll perform in the NBA but i love him

Just thinking of soft, poor rebounding and silky mid-range shooting bigs....

Scola? Spieghts?
laugh.gif
Scola went to WORK in the post man. He has become more of a shooter in his more recent years but dude always had some of the slickest post moves.

Question, does anyone have a scouting report for Rade Zagorac?

Young Scola was really good man. Certainly would not call him soft...He was frying those USA teams before they got serious...

People think Luis Scola is soft? :lol:

Dude is warrior. Still puts work every summer carrying the fading remains of that legendary Argentina Squad. :smokin

how do we all feel about Kris Dunn at this stage? Where will he go, where should he go?

how do we all feel about Kris Dunn at this stage? Where will he go, where should he go?
Probably after Buddy and Murray. I think he'll be a pretty good pro and would be a nice fit for your squad...

Tim Quaterman declared... Dude was definitely out for his every time I tried to watch Ben play

Ok ok maybe not Scola, apparently he's David West :lol:

if buddy does what he does, his basement would be a ben gordon type player?
what does he measure out in terms of height?

Last edited:
6'4 with a 6'8 wingspan, so he's fairly pedestrian for a SG.

He reminds me of Jodie Meeks (floor), but he could certainly be better. Maybe J.J. Redick is his ceiling? Better measureables than Redick though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom