The NBA Draft Thread

It's crazy to me that the best perimeter defender in the league is also a 26 PPG scorer on 50/40/90

Fox is a much better athlete and should be able to finish a lot better than Jennings, that's why I kinda don't like that comparison

I'm still up and down on Fox. When he's great he's great, when he's bad, he's bad. He might be the left handed Elfrid Payton

Elf still can't consistently hit from 15 :smh:

That's the thing with Fox. He's going to look mediocre/average until he can hit from 15-20.

His form isn't awful, it looks like he only needs a few tweaks. So he should get there with the right staff. But there's the risk that he wont.

Then you basically have Payton 2.0.

I wonder if Kris Dunn was more receptive to Boston, if the Celtics still would've picked Jaylen. Probably.

Still not into Jaylen Brown, but his floor is already much higher than I thought.

but ultimatley banking on someone to improve like jimmy butler is a fools aaron.

Jaylen backing up his big talk from pre draft, I can dig it. I think he somewhat struggled in college because of the system and he seems like he actually studied and went to class, at berkeley no less. He's still closer to his ceiling then Ingram who's just barely scratching the surface. Reminds me of nique.

Still have no idea where all the unwarranted mudiay hype came from :lol:. I think it's the whole international man of mystery appeal a la dante exum

Last edited:
Jaylen backing up his big talk from pre draft, I can dig it. I think he somewhat struggled in college because of the system and he seems like he actually studied and went to class, at berkeley no less. He's still closer to his ceiling then Ingram who's just barely scratching the surface. Reminds me of nique.

Still have no idea where all the unwarranted mudiay hype came from :lol:. I think it's the whole international man of mystery appeal a la dante exum
Jaylen's situation is all about context. He was on a talented team, but he was playing SF next to a traditional PF and C (zero spacing to attack).

If you're a 6'7-6'9 forward, just go to Duke and exploit the mismatches at PF like Jabari, Justise, Ingram and Tatum have in recent years.

Jaylen's situation is all about context. He was on a talented team, but he was playing SF next to a traditional PF and C (zero spacing to attack).

If you're a 6'7-6'9 forward, just go to Duke and exploit the mismatches at PF like Jabari, Justise, Ingram and Tatum have in recent years.

Exactly, if he had played the 4 like that he would've dominated.

I agree Fox seems to be better at the rim than Jennings but I think people are underestimating where Jennings was as a prospect back then.

Jennings was a better shooter and still can't shoot for ****.

Wall can't shoot but next to Russ/Bron, he's the best athlete in the league. He was a no doubt about it prospect coming out of Kentucky. Fox doesn't nearly have his strength or physical profile so I just fail to see that comparison.

When in doubt, stay far, far away from PGs that can't shoot.

And in terms of the Knicks, I like Willy Hernangomez, he's a good player but he isn't the reason you pass on Markannen. Ultimately, I have a hard time seeing him being a starter due to his defense.

Markannen has defensive struggles as well but he could very well turn into one of the two or three best shooters in the league. Having him and KP to space out the court and create open lanes to the hoop for guards would be awesome.

Knicks are also going to suck for the next few years so we have more time to get a guard/wing. No need to rush if the guy isn't there.

Luka Doncic/Trevon Duval next draft anyway.

Also, Osh, where would you rank Doncic as a prospect? Read Deansondraft saying he was the best prospect since Bron which is hyperbole obviously but it seems to be that he's real special to be 17 and getting major burn on the best squad in Europe.

Last edited:
Hernangomez looks like a real solid third big in a rotation like Koufos, which is a good value.

His brother in Denver is kinda decent too.

Hernangomez looks like a real solid third big in a rotation like Koufos, which is a good value.

His brother in Denver is kinda decent too.

They both have had great moments this season.

Denver back of the draft drafting is pretty damn good, they know their international prospects.

Last edited:

Exactly, if he had played the 4 like that he would've dominated.

I mean he had real questions about his skills ie shooting and dribbling, no? Seems like that's improved now that he can dedicate all his time to the game

And in terms of the Knicks, I like Willy Hernangomez, he's a good player but he isn't the reason you pass on Markannen. Ultimately, I have a hard time seeing him being a starter due to his defense.

Markannen has defensive struggles as well but he could very well turn into one of the two or three best shooters in the league. Having him and KP to space out the court and create open lanes to the hoop for guards would be awesome.

Knicks are also going to suck for the next few years so we have more time to get a guard/wing. No need to rush if the guy isn't there.

Luka Doncic/Trevon Duval next draft anyway.

Also, Osh, where would you rank Doncic as a prospect? Read Deansondraft saying he was the best prospect since Bron which is hyperbole obviously but it seems to be that he's real special to be 17 and getting major burn on the best squad in Europe.
I read the post and had a hard time disagreeing with anything in there.

revisionist history.

Exum hype was completely warranted, Mudaiy hype was warranted.

Neither were "mysteries"

6-6 PG's, who dominate international competitions, and play great at hoop summit game and practices, + Adidas nation will go high in the draft, that is not mystery.

Gannis was a legit mystery but just because I international guy doesn't work out that don't mean they were some pick fueled by smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:
Mudiay is nowhere near the athlete he was hyped up to be, that's unwarranted. And everybody knew his jumper was broke coming out. He really didn't do much in a weak CBA league on top of missing half the season. He didn't prove anything in my eyes and I been saying that since day one, I don't go off hoop summits or whatever

His decision to play overseas in China makes him much more of a mystery to NBA teams, and also decreased his development over the past year ... Suffered a severe ankle sprain while in China, seems to have recuperated fully, will just need to monitor this and look at future injury prevention … Seeing that he is the first high level US player to go directly to the Chinese Basketball Association, it is really difficult to tell what his numbers mean in relation to the top NCAA and even European prospects who have more of a sample size, could possibly affect where he goes in the draft …

Exum:

Level of competition is the biggest knock against Exum. He has not proven himself against a high enough level of competition to make anyone feel completely comfortable drafting him in the top 5

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom