The NBA Draft Thread

The much better Athleticism alone is a big thing , on both sides of the ball

Is it really?
Yea ideally you don't want your PG to be slow/ lacking in athleticism in today's NBA ...look around the league and at the top prospects coming out at point yearly , shooting and being an athlete /speed is what teams covet ...D Lo the exception of course , he went high cuz of playmaking at his size and projected shooting ability ...kinda like Lonzo but he even faster and more athletic than him :lol:
Dude is a 2 and should've been there from the start.

Everyone is overthinking our health.

Simmons was ready to come back in February. He'll be fine.

Embiid's injury was in his LEFT knee. It was his RIGHT FOOT that gave him problems for his first two years. Additionally, the tear was considered "low grade" not requiring surgery. Oh and don't forget the Rockets game on January 27th, a week after he supposedly suffered the tear, where he put up 32pts/7reb/4ast/3stl/2blk in 28min.

Both these guys will be FINE.

Everyone is overthinking our health.

Simmons was ready to come back in February. He'll be fine.

Embiid's injury was in his LEFT knee. It was his RIGHT FOOT that gave him problems for his first two years. Additionally, the tear was considered "low grade" not requiring surgery. Oh and don't forget the Rockets game on January 27th, a week after he supposedly suffered the tear, where he put up 32pts/7reb/4ast/3stl/2blk in 28min.

Both these guys will be FINE.
I like the optimism but Embiid literally has played 31 games in 3 seasons. There's no "fine" until he at least can play the majority of a season. 

i think simmons will be fine but embiid was on a minutes restriction, wasn't playing every other game or whatever it was, and still got hurt 

What are the kings going to do at 5 and 10? They have a need at seemingly every position. There is such a love fest for Fox at 5 but chances are he may not be there.

What are the kings going to do at 5 and 10? They have a need at seemingly every position. There is such a love fest for Fox at 5 but chances are he may not be there.
Then they take the BPA that falls to them. Probably Tatum I'd guess if Fox isn't there.

Who's going to pick him? 

Fultz and Ball are locked in at 1 & 2. Philly could take him at 3, but I think they'll go BPA with Jackson. Tatum probably slides to PHX and then Fox to Sac. 

Who's going to pick him? 

Fultz and Ball are locked in at 1 & 2. Philly could take him at 3, but I think they'll go BPA with Jackson. Tatum probably slides to PHX and then Fox to Sac. 

I'd love to have fox but can't help and think that drafting a SF with the 5 and then filling the position at 10 is enticing af

Lebron 2080 playoff min since 2015

Embiid  786  min total 

I'm rooting for Embiid, but I am skeptical if he can stay healthy 

There's been no word on if there's going to be a minutes restriction for Embiid this year but I hope we're just going to be done with that and him sitting out back to backs for good this year. We can't just baby him for his entire career....gotta let him just play and whatever happens happens.

And everybody bringing up how many games he's played in his three years is annoying as **** when both his first two seasons he was doing windmills and 360's in warmups before games midway through both seasons and could have easily played in both of them. Then you also take out all the back to backs he sat out this year where he was completely healthy and that's a good chunk of games they sat him out where it had nothing to do with an injury.

I could see Kings taking Tatum if available. If he's not there, seems like Fox is the logical choice

I don't think PHX is going to take a PG but maybe they move Bledsoe or Knight

I could see Kings taking Tatum if available. If he's not there, seems like Fox is the logical choice

I don't think PHX is going to take a PG but maybe they move Bledsoe or Knight
PHX would probably be ecstatic if Jackson fell to them. If not, they probably go Tatum.

Weren't there like actual doctors that determined he wasn't healthy enough to play without restrictions? There's a huge difference between warm up dunks and the grind of an 82 game season

Bout to book this trip to Vegas to see that Ball boy & the rest of the Show :smokin

Weren't there like actual doctors that determined he wasn't healthy enough to play without restrictions? There's a huge difference between warm up dunks and the grind of an 82 game season

If you have a foot injury that's not healthy enough to play basketball do you really think you can throw down windmills and 360's with your bounce looking even better than in college? Maybe his stamina wasn't where it needed to be to get thrown into a game but his health wasn't an issue when he was doing that or else they wouldn't have allowed him to be doing that with team trainers, coaches and cameras and fans all around.

If you have a foot injury that's not healthy enough to play basketball do you really think you can throw down windmills and 360's with your bounce looking even better than in college?
Honestly, yes.

#ArmChairDoctor but There's actually more strain on your feet actually hooping than just jogging through a layup line and throwing down dunks. Hell even Chandler Parsons can get bouncy in Layup Lines.

Honestly, yes.

#ArmChairDoctor but There's actually more strain on your feet actually hooping than just jogging through a layup line and throwing down dunks. Hell even Chandler Parsons can get bouncy in Layup Lines.

Nah.

As I said in the rest of that post that you cropped out...no chance in hell the Sixers are letting him put that amount of stress on his foot at 7'2 260 pounds if his foot was not fully healed at that point with as cautious as we've been with him.

It's not that he wasn't healthy enough to play ball, it's that he wasn't healthy enough to play 30+ minutes night in night out + travel + practice etc. That's not really how injuries work. I've hurt my knee and been good to run a few games but couldn't sit in a car with my legs bent for too long without excruciating pain. When he's healthy he'll be cleared to play

It's not that he wasn't healthy enough to play ball, it's that he wasn't healthy enough to play 30+ minutes night in night out + travel + practice etc. That's not really how injuries work. I've hurt my knee and been good to run a few games but couldn't sit in a car with my legs bent for too long without excruciating pain. When he's healthy he'll be cleared to play
Mane you know you can't really reason with the sixers fans right now, let em have their hopes and dreams :lol: ...to the other rational fan as great as he is, Embiids health is a legit question mark n can't be counted on till proven otherwise

Man I hope the Lakers can finagle a Fox/Ball joint workout. Can't see LaVar letting that fly though.

I been trying to figure out who's gon be the surprise rise/fall in this draft (Its always 1 or 2)...right now I'm leaning towards Smith Jr being the next PG off the board after the top 2 picks if hes good in workouts, he has all the tools and I wouldn't be surprised at him going in the 3-5 range after a team being wowed at a workout

Or maybe the French PG, its always a dude like that most fans dont know about going to a random team :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom