The NBA Draft Thread

Yeah I mean, y'all would have to give Boston some actual incentive to trade away the best player in the draft who they are infatuated with....

I'm interested to see what the Sixers do with their pick.  Are they going to pick a PG at 3 with Simmons potentially playing point forward?
Even with Simmons running the offense they still need a regular PG for defense and secondary ball handling purposes

So you basically want two top 3 picks and the best rookie in the league this past year besides Embiid.......yeah that's not happening
Hahah then it won't. We aren't trading the best player in the draft for some pupu platter. If you want him, you'd have to pay up.

Boston would do that in a heartbeat IMO

Saric or 2018 pick and #3??

**** they can have #2 for all of that package too.

:lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
Jimmy Butler has been a pretty average shooter for his career and is an All-NBA player. I'm not saying that Jackson is going to be the same, but that is sort of the blueprint. Jackson has similar all around tools and has that dog in him. I still stand by him being the 3rd potential star of this draft along with Fultz and Fox.

This. Shooting is great and it makes life easier but there's plenty of stars and really good players that are bad to average shooters.

If you can't shoot, you can't play :lol: All-NBA Giannis would like a word with you
If you're 6'8" 208 with a 6'9" wingspan, yea if you can't shoot you're probably not going to be any good.

If you're 7 feet tall, 7 foot wingspan with the agility of a quick 3, then that may not be the case.

If you're 6'8" 208 with a 6'9" wingspan, yea if you can't shoot you're probably not going to be any good.

If you're 7 feet tall, 7 foot wingspan with the agility of a quick 3, then that may not be the case.

What if you're 6'7 with a 6'7 wingspan like Jimmy Butler?

As much as I wouldn't want to, I'd do #3, LA's 2018 and Okafor for #1.  I'd absolutely hate it, but that's what it would take.

Boston has all the leverage because I believe they think they'll win in free agency (Hayward), have a big trade piece in IT, and would be perfectly fine taking Fultz at 1.  They don't have any pressure to do anything.

Meanwhile Philadelphia is between a rock and a hard place.  Everyone knows they want to move up or move down and that Jackson (#3 prospect) isn't a need for them.  Getting anyone else would be a reach.

The same Jimmy who shot 86% from the free throw line this year?

Yeah the same All-NBA one who never once in his three year college career averaged more points, rebounds, assists, steals or blocks than Josh Jackson averaged in his freshman year. He also didn't make one single three pointer his entire freshman year at Marquette and shot 34% from three his junior year.

As much as I wouldn't want to, I'd do #3, LA's 2018 and Okafor for #1.  I'd absolutely hate it, but that's what it would take.

Boston has all the leverage because I believe they think they'll win in free agency (Hayward), have a big trade piece in IT, and would be perfectly fine taking Fultz at 1.  They don't have any pressure to do anything.

Meanwhile Philadelphia is between a rock and a hard place.  Everyone knows they want to move up or move down and that Jackson (#3 prospect) isn't a need for them.  Getting anyone else would be a reach.
You would have to swap Saric for Okafor before we start talking. Okafor plays no defense and doesn't rebound. Boston already has a big coming in next year that does both at a pretty high level. Okafor's offense is solid, but he doesn't fit Stevens' scheme at all.

I see Philly fans saying they'd take Fox at 3 but I don't see how that would work. Fox doesn't seem like he'd be effective off-ball.
Josh Jackson would be a great fit.
Simmons would line up at the 4 correct? With Saric coming off the bench?

This. Shooting is great and it makes life easier but there's plenty of stars and really good players that are bad to average shooters.

If you can't shoot, you can't play :lol: All-NBA Giannis would like a word with you

Josh Jackson is pretty long way off from being an average shooter.

and Jimmy Butler, is out here taking tough attempts, so his raw percentages don't tell the whole story.

also jimmy was and 78% FT shooter in college.

Last edited:
4.9 free throw attempts per game isn't a reliable indicator of anything IMO...if he was shooting 10 a game and only hitting 5 of them then sure I'd have my worries, but I need more proof. We'll see how he shoots in workouts. If his shot is as broke as you think it is and he doesn't shoot well in workouts then we won't be picking him. Colangelo said himself this year they may be looking at fit moreso than in previous drafts because of us finally seeing what we have in Embiid and also having Simmons as one of the building blocks.

he was a poor shooter in high school, he was a poor shooter on every single jumpshot type, other than 3P% in college, his mechanics aren't good. I don't know what more proof you need.

He could learn to shoot, but can't say it's likely.

I think he can get to the point where he's servicable like Iggy.

sorry let me fix that.

If you can't shoot, you can't play unless you are a 7'0 tall freak of nature with go gadget arms and legs, and insane athletism/coordiation.

happy now?

Last edited:
Disagree, especially the "clearly" part. I prob said it in here awhile ago but he's essentially a less skilled Andrew Wiggins at the same point of their careers.

Get the **** outta here. There was plenty of times during the year that people in here were saying he was better than Wiggins was during college, I was one of them and most Kansas fans seemed to be saying the same as well. They averaged basically the exact same PPG while Wiggins played a couple minutes more than him and Josh Jackson is a MUCH better passer, defender, rebounder and most importantly actually plays with heart. Dude has that dog in him that Wiggins will never have.

Using people in the thread and you as the analysts saying he's better doesn't mean much :lol:
I watched JJ multiple times his senior year out here in person, and enough of Kansas to come to my conclusion. I meant offensive skills, he doesn't have a single move outside of his step back. He plays more emotional but I've seen him get thrown off because he can get too emotional during a game. And my little brother graduated from his hs a year before he got there so he's got people that have told him stories about how he his and that "dog" you speak of is more show than anything :lol: Dude is incredibly into his image and Napa only made that worse. He told his hs friends that teachers stop lectures when anyone from the bball team walks by and let's the entire class take pictures and **** with him :lol: I don't think he's gonna be a bust by any means but Christ you've been riding him hard.

Last edited:
A bit unfair to compare Josh Jackson's freshman year to Wiggin's freshan year.  Jackson older than Wiggins by a full year. 

Same age Josh averaging 16.3, 7.3, 3 in Kansas, Wiggins was averaging 17, 4.6, 2.1 in the NBA as a rook. 

Wiggins more talented offensively no doubt, but Josh more well rounded 

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks the idea that people cant learn to shoot is ridiculous?  I understand that it is harder to change your shot as you get older, but 99% of shooting is working on Form and repetition. Its not like people are born with great jumpshots, most people work their ***** off for it.  

I mean John Wall shot 7 ******* percent from three in 2011 and has been at 30-35% for the last 4 years.  While they may never become a great shooter, becoming a 33-35% shooter is nothing to scoff at.

Larry Nance JR had one of the most broke looking jumpshots I have ever seen coming out of college and now he is in the process of becoming a serviceable three point shooter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom