The NBA Draft Thread

If Brooklyn does it, it's strictly to mess with Boston. Nets have been going after younger guys with their money

Some of those teams do not have the ability to hide Thomas on defense. Imaging Thomas and Melo on the floor at the same time.

TBH I know he had a great year but no team truly needs a ******-sized chucker at PG, especially one coming off a serious injury.  

TBH I know he had a great year but no team truly needs a ******-sized chucker at PG, especially one coming off a serious injury.  

Been saying this since the hype with him began, you're not winning a championship with that dude starting for you.

But you're not winning a title unless you play for either Cleveland or GSW for the foreseeable future.

His lack of defense didn't stop him from leading his team to the ECF. Especially since PG defense is of such little value.

Unfortunately, his contract is up at a terrible time for him. I understand that. But he isn't any less of an option in the East not named Giannis and Lebron.

But you're not winning a title unless you play for either Cleveland or GSW for the foreseeable future.

His lack of defense didn't stop him from leading his team to the ECF. Especially since PG defense is of such little value.

Unfortunately, his contract is up at a terrible time for him. I understand that. But he isn't any less of an option in the East not named Giannis and Lebron.

I get that they went far but they're a slightly better version of what the Hawks have been the past decade, good enough to be relevant but not good enough to be a contender.
There's more dudes in the east I value more than him outside of Greek and Bron even if they haven't hit 1 seed in the regular season. Wall, Butler, George, Whiteside, Kyrie is close.

but jimmy butler was basically ghost against Boston after Rondo went down. This coming he ran D Rose out of town and called himself basically a PG.

All these guys have holes in their game in comparison to the top 2 players in the east

For sure, but I think we are talking in context of being able to compete for a championship, which means what do teams need to be able to beat the Cavs in the East.

'PG defense doesn't matter' is such a blogger narrative. It doesn't matter until you're pg is getting iso'd and butt plugged every trip down or doesn't make his rotations.

Anywho, I hadn't thought of BK maxing IT. That would be lovely from every angle. Take away Boston's offense, weaken their draft pick and if they do match it makes him untradable and now you're stuck with him. Just beautiful

Some of those teams do not have the ability to hide Thomas on defense. Imaging Thomas and Melo on the floor at the same time.

Melo gone tho, Rose too.... stretch Noah :nerd:

You need juice. Courtney Lee is like poor poor poor man's Avery Bradley. :nerd:

KP is the rim protector he's never had :nerd:

:lol:

I'm just saying

Last edited:
Been saying this since the hype with him began, you're not winning a championship with that dude starting for you.
So you don't think the Warriors could win it all if you swapped IT for Curry for instance?

:lol: lets not get into this. No, IT wont ever be a back to back MVP and lead a team to back to back finals as the number one option against a 10x harder Western Conference.

Last edited:
'PG defense doesn't matter' is such a blogger narrative. It doesn't matter until you're pg is getting iso'd and butt plugged every trip down or doesn't make his rotations.

Anywho, I hadn't thought of BK maxing IT. That would be lovely from every angle. Take away Boston's offense, weaken their draft pick and if they do match it makes him untradable and now you're stuck with him. Just beautiful
The thing is, I figured wall/beal would tip the scales so much in their favor with the advantage over IT's defense that it would be a short series

Then they got eliminated

Pg defense matters but the result that I witnessed leads me to temper my expectations on pg defense

As I've been repeating Boston had no rim protection and got as far as they did. Hopefully they stumble upon a big man to pair with horford

Back
Top Bottom