The NBA Draft Thread

Is Malik Newman a late first or second round draft pick ? I haven't seen his garbage team play once this season
If I as him I would come back for one more year ...if he enters the draft tho he has a wide range from mid 1st to 2nd round ....his team sucks, still a combo guard, and he hasn't done anything special this season but he still got that high school all American pedigree n that size/athleticism/quickness combo teams would love , and can score in bunches/get any shot he wants

Buddy seems like he'd be a good Eric Gordon replacement for NOLA. Right?

New DX Mock:

1. Simmons
2. Ingram
3. J.Brown
4. Bender
5. Dunn
6. Poeltl
7. J.Murray
8. Ellenson
9. D.Stone
10. Hield
15. Rabb
18. Valentine
19. Labissiere
20. Trimble
29. G.Allen
30. B.Johnson
31. Diallo
33. N.Hayes
40. G.Payton II
41. Layman
43. Uthoff
47. Ulis
48. Briscoe
49. Quarterman
51. Felder
56. M.Paige
60. P.Ellis

Brown has grown on me. I thought he was a bit stiff and he's still really only a straight-line driver but I've been seeing more off the bounce than I thought was there.

Denzel Valentine should go in the lottery. The Draymond comps are silly, he's literally a point guard right now - and he's a 2/3 on the next level - but he is damn good. More pop athletically than he gets credit for.

Brice Johnson is going to REALLY help any team that he goes to. So will Marcus Paige.

Teams are stupid if they pass on them all the way til the end of the 1st/early 2nd.

Paige is definitely a 2nd rounder ...if his shot is consistent then he might have a chance at being a steady back up pg

In such a weak draft I'd take Valentine high too

Skal falling this far might actually make him good value lol
:lol: yea Grabbing Skal at anything past 15 is GREAT value...if he ever develops then you got a steal, if not then nobody remembers/cares after his rookie contract up since he wasn't a top pick

Last edited:
I would absolutely take Grayson Allen higher than 29...

Y'all see my boy D'Angelo last night too?? :smokin

I was really impressed with the play of Ivan Rabb last night against the bigs of Arizona. Meanwhile, Jaylen Brown - while getting screwed on a decent number of foul calls that limited his playing time - barely was attacking, and when he was it was early on and pretty reckless. Came into the lane with no plan whatsoever in those very few instances.

Last edited:
Man I don't even know what Rabb & Brown what look like, I hope Cal makes the tourney so I can at least watch them play.

Last edited:
Rabb's fallen from like 7th to 15th in the 3-5 DX Mock Drafts we've had since mid-December or so, still is not that significant though because the second half of a freshman's season matters so much more than the first half, and Rabb's last four games :smokin He leads the team in rebounding, blocks and FG%. 15p-15r performance last night, 6 offensive rebounds within that rebounding total.

Brown played 15 minutes last night. Again, the foul calls he was being tagged for were ALL pretty questionable. He was guarding Trier, who was 7-16 on 3pt attempts the last three games and he only took 2 last night (1-2). With Brown's minutes that can only partially be attributed to him but he was on him when he was in the game.

I could see a scenario play out where they lose in the first round of the tournament and everyone is meek on Rabb/Brown into the draft but both have had performances, plural, lately that look like they could maybe get to the Pac 12 Championship AND win one game in the tourney. That was a really deflating loss last night for them, they were leading Zona by 8 points with 1:53 to play and LOST in regulation. :x :smh: :lol:

Jaylen Brown seems like a carbon copy of Stanley Johnson to me.

people say that alot but I mean other than being dark skin brothers, with stupid haricuts and a lot of mucle their games aren't that similar. :lol:

Sean Miller never really put Stan at the 4, stan is a more reliable shooter but a worse athlete, he's also significantly shorter. Stan is a 2/3 .

Jaylen brown can play 4.

that all being said I don't want anything to do with Jaylen Brown, all physical tools but no IQ, reminds me of a poor mans Jeff Green.

I understand why people like him and the ceiling is high, but I wouldn't draft him.

I was really impressed with the play of Ivan Rabb last night against the bigs of Arizona. Meanwhile, Jaylen Brown - while getting screwed on a decent number of foul calls that limited his playing time - barely was attacking, and when he was it was early on and pretty reckless. Came into the lane with no plan whatsoever in those very few instances.

I was totally and complete wrong about him, I couldn't see his position in high school, and didn't seem like a great athlete. Totally wrong, and the shooting that he's shown in warm up and in the game tells me his ceiling is way higher than I thought.

Last edited:
people say that alot but I mean other than being dark skin brothers, with stupid haricuts and a lot of mucle their games aren't that similar.
laugh.gif

Sean Miller never really put Stan at the 4, stan is a more reliable shooter but a worse athlete, he's also significantly shorter. Stan is a 2/3 .

Jaylen brown can play 4.

that all being said I don't want anything to do with Jaylen Brown, all physical tools but no IQ, reminds me of a poor mans Jeff Green.

I understand why people like him and the ceiling is high, but I wouldn't draft him.
I was totally and complete wrong about him, I couldn't see his position in high school, and didn't seem like a great athlete. Totally wrong, and the shooting that he's shown in warm up and in the game tells me his ceiling is way higher than I thought.

people say that alot but I mean other than being dark skin brothers, with stupid haricuts and a lot of mucle their games aren't that similar. :lol:

Jaylen brown can play 4.
Both are 6'7" from everything I can find online. Both are your prototypical 3... I admittedly haven't seen Brown play a ton this year, but I did watch a good amount of Zona games last year and don't think I would really consider Stan all that reliable when it comes to shooting...

Both are 6'7" from everything I can find online. Both are your prototypical 3... I admittedly haven't seen Brown play a ton this year, but I did watch a good amount of Zona games last year and don't think I would really consider Stan all that reliable when it comes to shooting...

standing reaches. you don't block shots with your head, standing reach is what matters.

8'9 vs 8'6.

8'9 is average PF standing reach, 8'6. is too small to be a big.

also Jaylen basically is an erratic shooter you don't even really need to respect him also poor FT shooter.

Stan was solid, his release is low but its solid. 37% from 3 at arizona.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom