+++The NEW Official Palm Pre Thread+++

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

That's no dam sense that there is no alert if you miss a call when the phone is sleep
smh.gif
smh.gif

i'll wait to get the phone later. but yea, my damn instinct vibrates when/if i miss a call/text. Come on Palm
tired.gif

-u cant change the ringtones for text/emails notifications
surprised by this... my 755p does this via the sound management. Are you sure? Seems rather careless to not include a somewhat standard feature.

nor does it give u a reminder that u have a missed call or new text/email if the screen is locked/black.
my 755p doesn't do this either. Not really a big deal for me. It does show it if there's a system alert. I jsut hit that and it gives meall the pending items. I don't have the Pre, but I'm betting they use something similar.

PS. I'll wait until they include video capture for the phone.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

surprised by this... my 755p does this via the sound management. Are you sure? Seems rather careless to not include a somewhat standard feature.

nor does it give u a reminder that u have a missed call or new text/email if the screen is locked/black.
my 755p doesn't do this either. Not really a big deal for me. It does show it if there's a system alert. I jsut hit that and it gives me all the pending items. I don't have the Pre, but I'm betting they use something similar.

Palm dropped the ball not including these basic features, im sure they stay lurking on different forums and see the many complaints people have about this, sois only a matter of time when they put out the update addressing these issues.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

my 755p doesn't do this either. Not really a big deal for me. It does show it if there's a system alert. I jsut hit that and it gives me all the pending items. I don't have the Pre, but I'm betting they use something similar.

Palm dropped the ball not including these basic features, im sure they stay lurking on different forums and see the many complaints people have about this, so is only a matter of time when they put out the update addressing these issues.
yeah hopefully soon...

dirty. I had the 755p too, if you have the latest update it'll give you a flashing green light on the top left if you have an alert.

also you should look into an add on i found somewhere online called attention getter. it let me customize some reminder settings

the problem with the pre is not only that it doesnt have reminders but the darn thing doesnt even light up if you get a message. you get a alert via ringtoneand vibrate but thats it
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

my dad is returning his tomorrow. the screen blotches are getting worse

Im nervous about the screen leakage problem as well.

Shake,
Thanks for making the Official OFFICIAL thread, hahahah. So you made the decision to pick one up huh?

I have officially dumped the SERO. I have the everything data 1000 for 79.99 and they WERE ABLE to apply my credit union 25% discount (despite those that saidit wasnt possible). I received the confirmation email and everything.

**EDIT** I didnt get to pick my phone up because I was away at a conference all last week. Went today to try and find one and no luck. Jumped on a list at BestBuy
frown.gif
I guess the wait has it advantages. Get to see all of the bugs and issues people are having in the interim. I still havent had a chance to play with aLIVE version
smh.gif

for those that were complaining about now getting an alert when your phone is sleep...

if you go to screen and lock on the 3rd page of the launcher you can change it to notify you when it's sleep. Not much of a difference but it helps.

i need something that'll keep reminding me like a flashing light or go off every minute.

Originally Posted by Icecixz

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

so far the only complaints i have about the phone are minor things that im sure will be addressed in future updates
-u cant change the ringtones for text/emails notifications, nor does it give u a reminder that u have a missed call or new text/email if the screen is locked/black.
-the whole touchkeyboard would be a nice option for some people, i personally can live without it.
-tethering is a must.
other than that the phone works great, easy to use and once the apps start coming thru it will only get better.
eek.gif
SICK wallpaper!...can you hook me up with it??
pimp.gif

I love this phone. Havent had any real problems except one thing.

When u make or answer call you put phone to your ear it turns to like a hibernate black screen this way u dont accidently touch anything while in conversation.It is supposed to light back up screen become active when u pull away from your ear. Sometimes mine stays in hibernation mode with black screen and will notlet me use screen. Anyone else have this problem?

i have a 755p and and the lil green light blinks and that tells me i have either a text/missed call/etc.

Originally Posted by dunkairs

I love this phone. Havent had any real problems except one thing.

When u make or answer call you put phone to your ear it turns to like a hibernate black screen this way u dont accidently touch anything while in conversation. It is supposed to light back up screen become active when u pull away from your ear. Sometimes mine stays in hibernation mode with black screen and will not let me use screen. Anyone else have this problem?
does it happen often? if it does just stop by the retailer u got it from and get it swapped.

so far i havent had any issues with mines, no screen issues or blotches.

How do you get the Credit Union discount?

Oh and is the Pre keyboard smaller then the Treo 755 keyboard? Because my Treo keyboard is already small enough, i make enough mistakes typing on it...

No Sero plan for Pre? Iphone 3GS here we come.

If I'm paying $70/month for a phone, i want the superior phone. The Pre has potential, but ultimately, I don't see it overstepping the Iphone ever.

The keyboard is similar to the palm pro just more spaced out making it better than the pro's keyboard.

I'm not taking shots at any one in particular but why do people feel the need to post comments/things not beneficial to the topic at hand.
If the Pre is not for you I'm sure you read the name of the thread before coming in
and you know where the official thread for that other phone is located at, I'm sure you post is more benefical there than here.

I wouldn't want this thread to turn into the many A vs B threads that often happen on here. So with that in mind lets keep this like the title has itpertaining to those of us who own/will own a Pre and those who have questions or interest in one.

Originally Posted by odog4eva

If I'm paying $70/month for a phone, i want the superior phone. The Pre has potential, but ultimately, I don't see it overstepping the Iphone ever.
Yea but you will be paying 100 a month plus tax. I have unlimited plan with 450 mins a month and only pay about 65-70 a month after 27% discount

Yea but you will be paying 100 a month plus tax. I have unlimited plan with 450 mins a month and only pay about 65-70 a month after 27% discount

SERO or No SERO, Sprint plans are still better than any other carrier.

Which corporate discount gives 27%?? I have 25% for I forget what company but would definitely prefer 27%.

SERO or No SERO, Sprint plans are still better than any other carrier.

They're only better if you need all that stuff that Sprint provides. If you're a heavy texter or use GPS on your phone, than yes, Sprint has the betterplan. If not, than you can get a decent iphone plan for about $5-10 more.

Jp morgan chase is the company discount i get. From what i read online 27% is the highest unless you work for sprint.

They're only better if you need all that stuff that Sprint provides. If you're a heavy texter or use GPS on your phone, than yes, Sprint has the better plan. If not, than you can get a decent iphone plan for about $5-10 more.

This is true as I sent 5K text messages last month! BTW, just picked up the Pre about an hour ago! Seems solid so far. Still playing with it though. Be backwith updates
wink.gif

Typing from my Pre now and love it! The cards function/multi tasking is genious
pimp.gif
... Wish center button was a d pad tho
frown.gif

I wanna get this phone real bad...

What does it do that no other phones do? Its gotta have some exclusive abilities right?

Back
Top Bottom