+++The NEW Official Palm Pre Thread+++

The pre is awesome, I was able to transfer all my old contacts too it from my other phone, and adding e-mail was a breeze. I just wish they had more apps,tweed is horrible.

With tweed how do I add pictures? Twitpics tries to send it as an e-mail and it doesn't work. How do I unselect twit pics as my choice for sending pictureson tweed?

i got my pre, its st8.....but they need to work on getting a virtual keyboard. this qwerty is gettin on my nerves.

PS: its like they tried to make it so futuristic that they forgot simplistic $#$^#*. how the #*( do you not have an option of changing your notification/textringtone!?

Originally Posted by BeamMeUpScotty

i got my pre, its st8.....but they need to work on getting a virtual keyboard. this qwerty is gettin on my nerves.

PS: its like they tried to make it so futuristic that they forgot simplistic $#$^#*. how the #*( do you not have an option of changing your notification/text ringtone!?
http://www.pdastreet.com/articles/2009/8/2009-8-17-Palm-Pre-to.html

They're getting an on-screen keyboard probably within' a month or two. Most of the complaints we have on the phone will be fixed. By the end of theyear, the phone should meet most people standards. Apps aren't that big of a deal to me and I don't see why people need them in everyday life. But, Ido want them to get a better FB app.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

ska.. buy a cheapo 755p or Centro off ebay and sync it up to your old phone if you're with Sprint....Verizon also has a 755p.
I'd even send you my old 755p for free(if with sprint)....but the QWE and ASD buttons seemed to stick like crazy...got me annoyed enough that I bought another 755p to replace it.

pimp.gif
@ dirty being a 755p user like myself.....seems like everybody jumping to the BB but the 755p does everything i need

Originally Posted by jumpman247

I want apps, and I want them yesterday.

pretty much. palm is seriously lacking in the app department n i can only imagine it'd be hurting sales to some degree.

sprint has the worst phones but has the best plans (atleast for me) simply everything for only $50/mo

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by BeamMeUpScotty

PS: its like they tried to make it so futuristic that they forgot simplistic $#$^#*. how the #*( do you not have an option of changing your notification/text ringtone!?
http://www.pdastreet.com/articles/2009/8/2009-8-17-Palm-Pre-to.html

They're getting an on-screen keyboard probably within' a month or two. Most of the complaints we have on the phone will be fixed. By the end of the year, the phone should meet most people standards. Apps aren't that big of a deal to me and I don't see why people need them in everyday life. But, I do want them to get a better FB app.

I would hope palm themselves would be bringing such an update, along with being able to capture video.

I am due for an upgrade in October and although I'm pretty set on a Pre, it sure would be nice if they had an on-screen keyboard and video capturingcapabilities (
devil.gif
) since those are 2 things I do use on my current phone.

so i just got my pre and i have a question for other pre users...can you change the tone for when recieving a text message?

Precentral.net is a great site with message boards if you want to learn more about your pre.... With Hero being on sprint soon i wonder what does that mean forthe pre?...is it going to be 2nd to the android?...i hope not WebOS has so much potential

moz-screenshot.png
[h2]http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/07/palm-pre-rumored-to-be-dropping-to-150-on-september-8th/[/h2]
[h2]Palm Pre rumored to be dropping to $150 on September 8th[/h2]
by Donald Melanson posted Sep 7th 2009 at 6:42PM

We've already seen the Palm Pre dip below its $199 list price during a few limited, occasionally inadvertent sales, but it looks like it could soon be dropping well under the $200 mark for a slightly longer period of time -- at least if a purportedly legit leaked document is to be believed. According to PreCentral, the doc comes from someone working at a Sprint "indirect partner retail dealer," and quite clearly indicates that "indirect partners" will be able to sell the Pre for $149.99 (after a mail-in rebate) between September 8th and October 31st, 2009. Presumably, Sprint itself would also be offering the Pre for the same price during that time and, if the HTC Hero's $179.99 price tag on Sprint is any indication, there seems to be at least a decent chance that the price drop could eventually become a permanent one. Either way, we won't have to wait too long to see how this one pans out.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom