* The New TEAM SC Official post *

Originally Posted by spaceman23

Originally Posted by AJ27526

whats up SC...you guys started getting the royal/volt griffs yet?
what are these Griffs that you speak of? south carolina has never heard of sneakers...

my attempt at being funny on the internet. i'm a zombie right now.
alien.gif

but real talk, my store hasn't received them yet. but hopefully soon?

happy0007.gif

Curt - I saw that the Raging Bulls pack was moved to the 23rd. Does your homey still wantto go half n' half? Give me a call when you have some free time.

The Lakers WILL win game 7, and they will defeat the Druggets in 6 games.

Lol, u right. I'm just lettin these lil Nugget and Rocket fans get hype for the first time in awhile. They'll be back down to Earth soon.

Anyways, the problem with us is we're too cocky right now. We expect these teams to lay down for us instead of us going and taking it. Not to mentionPhil's questionable substitutions. I mean putting Ariza on the bench for almost the whole 3rd and lettin Puke Walton play...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

Lol, u right. I'm just lettin these lil Nugget and Rocket fans get hype for the first time in a while. They'll be back down to Earth soon.

Anyways, the problem with us is we're too cocky right now. We expect these teams to lay down for us instead of us going and taking it. Not to mention Phil's questionable substitutions. I mean putting Ariza on the bench for almost the whole 3rd and lettin Puke Walton play...
eyes.gif

hahahahha... i'll take what i can get!

t-mac/yao NEVER panned out like it was supposed to. that's like $40 million sitting on the bench... only to find out we have the talent (but not theconsistency... yet) to beat an ELITE team... they always injured anyways... like 3 or 4 seasons straight... that money could go two or three hard-workers NOTprone to injury.. too bad theres no one available to fit the bill..

dont get me wrong... i love tmac and yao... but those guys must be made of matchsticks

has jhob quit poppng into our thread? i was expecting some denver-all-day by now

that's leadership Gasol is cotton candy he's trying to toughen him up.

Anywho....

dscf5664-570x433.jpg

dscf5665-570x447.jpg

dscf5667-570x559.jpg

Black/Dark Charcoal-Team Red and will be released along with a White/Varsity Royal Air Jordan VII as a pack on August 22nd, 2009 for $310.

ohwell.gif

It was more of a motivation thing when Kobe did that, not a scolding. The slowed down GIF makes it look worse than itwas..
laugh.gif

Looks like I'm not the only person talking bout our sucky coaching...

Coach's Zen approach not helping Lakers

After the first game of the Western Conference semifinals, an eight-point Laker loss at the Staples Center, Phil Jackson came to the interview podium and addressed the media in his best, most reassuring baritone:

"It's not as bad as it seems," he insisted. "We're OK."

Then, after Game 4 -- another Laker loss that saw Jackson's team spot the Yao Ming-less Rockets a 29-point lead -- the coach declared the trip a success.

"We got home-court advantage back," he said, referring to the split in Houston. "That's what we came here todo."

I had to wonder if he was having one of those LSD flashbacks.

And on Thursday, after a first quarter in which Houston jumped out to a 17-1 lead, Jackson said: "I thought we played allright but for the shot selection."

Hold up. For the second time in four nights, his team had come out for a playoff game overconfident and under-prepared and it wasthe shot selection?

Finally, when the game was over and the series tied at three games apiece, Jackson said, somewhat mercifully, "I don'thave a statement to make."

[h3] [/h3]​

So allow me to make one. The front-running Lakers will probably win Game 7 at home. But even if they do, it won't change thefacts. With two rounds now in evidence, the most talented team in the playoffs has also been the most poorlycoached.

Phil Jackson has nine championship rings. He's co-written five books, a library of his opinions and reflections, from"Maverick" to "Sacred Hoops" to "The Last Season." He makes $12 million a year, considerably more than any coach in any sport.But this great basketball man is having one lousy postseason.

It would be nice and convenient to say that the undermanned, if admirable, Houston Rockets have exposed some of his Zencamouflage. But that's not the case. It was the Celtics who laid bare Jackson's team almost a year ago in the finals. In losing the last game by 39,the Lakers entered these playoffs with the burden of proof squarely on their shoulders. Yet they still play as if they are owed something. That's coaching,or rather, lack thereof.

The NBA's most prolific author is down to cliches. "Nobody stepped up," he was heard to say late Thursday at thepostgame presser televised on NBA TV.

Then there was this gem: "You know, we're playing with a couple guys who are injured."

He was speaking of Andrew Bynum, who made it back from a bad knee before the season ended, and Lamar Odom, who's playing witha bruised back. What he failed to mention, of course, were the Rockets injuries.

The comparison doesn't flatter Jackson's squad. It's difficult not to root for the Rockets. They lost Tracy McGradyduring the season. They lost Dikembe Mutombo against Portland. Then Yao Ming went down in the third game of this series. Houston shouldn't have won anothergame. It's as simple as that. But now they've won two.

[h3]While the Lakers start their pair of 7-footers, the Rockets are now smaller than a lot of college teams. They started a 6-6 center, Chuck Hayes, who played more defense than all the Lakers not named Kobe Bryant put together. (By the way, this one isn't on Kobe, who knew the Lakers wouldn't win Game 6 without a marked increase in intensity). Second-year forward Carl Landry came off the bench for 15 points, which was not only more than Bynum and Odom combined, but more than Mr. All-NBA, Pau Gasol.[/h3]

Good coaches do two things consistently well. They motivate their players, and they make adjustments. To this point in thepostseason, Jackson has done neither. After Game 1, he said of his team's lackluster start: "I don't know if we can play much worse, to be honestwith you."

Turns out they could play a lot worse, as evidenced by Thursday's first quarter. Speaking of adjustments, there's AaronBrooks. He's a good player, but the Lakers are giving him the confidence to discover just how good he can be. Six games into this series, Los Angeles stillhas no answer for Brooks.

Then again, the Lakers have more problems than a slight, second-year point guard. For all their talk of championships, theycan't recognize a simple mismatch. Worse, for all their size, they don't defend the lane.

So what of Game 7? Jackson was asked.

It's a home game, he said. "There's nothing to worry about."

Perhaps that's good Zen. But it's not good coaching.

just because theyre my favorites... i laughed pretty hard the first time i saw them...

you gotta be hungry lebron

beef and broccoli

hey guys, i know a few of you have asked me if my store (footaction, citadel) will be getting the pack.
at this point all i can say is that we haven't gotten them in yet.
and ty, i haven't heard anything about them being officially pushed up to the 23rd, but i'm sure your sources are better than mine. haha
i'll hit you up about going half and half, though homie.

The AJ 60+ makes me vomit.

just had to get that out there... whatever...
Anyone playing SF4 on PS3? add me, gamertag is shinobixtc on PS3 also.

"flip the coin btch, come get destoyed"

SMH... Too much stuff is droppin this year.

Pass on that VII pack. My Raptors are still crispy.

Ty- when do those Vandals drop?
glasses.gif

Stan- Footaction Citadel Mall is gettin the V pack for sure. They screwed me up releasing them next Saturday. And honestly i'm not gonna even sweat it.

^^^^^^ thanks for the info ron and hey you know my situation i hate paying people back lol

the raptors are str8 trash my are in good condition.

i need a pair of yeezys damn it

AirJordan17 wrote:

Ty- when do those Vandals drop?
glasses.gif

December of this year(both of them I believe).

The Structures, which are so dope in person, drop in October of this year. The black/yellow Structures drop in December, along with the Vandals.

spacej23 has predicted part "A" correctly:

And part "B" will be happening approximately a couple days after May 25th.

Curt - Size & color? I got you homey.

Taking it back 14 years . . .

14kvi8.jpg

Jordan VIII "Playoff" - [10.5], box, retro card...for sale $65.
Nike Vandal "White/Red" - [9.5]...for sale $50.
Halloween AF1 + matching fitted - [10.5/7-1/2]...for sale $125.
Black History AF1 (hyperstrike) - [11.5]...for sale $150. Hit me up.

I'll cut Team SC some deals.

^ He came through big for them last night. I just don't think the Nuggets have whatit takes to win those close games. It's like they have to kill their opponents, or they won't win.

Back
Top Bottom