The non stop ********** ads

im getting redirected to to a softwareupdate site when i am just browsing
i can be surfing on the site and all of a sudden im redirected or when i click a thread it automatically sends me there

i am getting the same problem as mentioned earlier. i am using the latest firefox browser

if NT needs to be shutdown for a few days to get this fixed, then do so. i hope it isnt a virus

Last edited:
im getting redirected to to a softwareupdate site when i am just browsing
i can be surfing on the site and all of a sudden im redirected or when i click a thread it automatically sends me there

i am getting the same problem as mentioned earlier. i am using the latest firefox browser

if NT needs to be shutdown for a few days to get this fixed, then do so. i hope it isnt a virus
exactly. NT is the only website i get these type of pop ups on

it has to be NT related
my home computer with the blockers doesnt have this issue

trust me, i dont download anything on my work comp. when i surf on nt i get this problem

it has to be NT related
my home computer with the blockers doesnt have this issue

trust me, i dont download anything on my work comp. when i surf on nt i get this problem
Your sample size is two machines.  Our sample size is substantially larger than that.  

If you search the web for information about SoftwareUpdaterlp, you'll see that this is a widespread malware issue and is not specific to NikeTalk.  I would go through the steps listed in the link in my previous post.  Odds are, there's adware running on that machine.  Worst case scenario, you're performing due diligence that has the potential to resolve the problem immediately.  

If that doesn't solve the problem, take a screen capture the next time it happens and gather as much information as you can.  We'll continue to pass it along to Huddler for investigation.  

word I keep getting redirected to software update, it just happened.

it's been happening, shockwave crashes while I'm surfing NT, my browser stay grindin' to a halt surfing NT.

The software update page only shows up for me when I access my own profile. Other than that, the rest of the site is good.

apparently all of us got malware
Look at it from our perspective.  We're talking about 4-5 distinct complaints out of a user base of thousands.  The symptoms described match those of the associated malware exactly.  There are many recently documented cases of said malware issue.  

To my knowledge, no other Huddler communities have reported this problem.

I haven't encountered the problem - nor has anyone else on our staff.  That's HIGHLY unusual for something that's ad related.  The same goes for the Huddler team. 

It would be nice if we could eliminate malware as a possibility, but all I received to that end by the close of business Friday was one user expressing the intent to run a system scan.  I listed reporting instructions that could assist Huddler's team AND linked to a precise set of instructions for removing the malware.  We're not exactly shoving this under the rug, we just don't have anything to work with yet.  

It's hardly improbable for four or five users to have somehow downloaded the same malware.  The other possibility is that the ads are very specifically targeted, so users who don't share a similar traffic/search history or any other cookie similarities aren't seeing the ad that triggers the pop up.  The point of programmatic ad buys is to spend selectively to only pay for those views most likely to result in click/purchase.  When someone tries to slip a pop up producing ad into the system, they aren't worried about that.  The ads are designed to automatically trigger the pop up REGARDLESS of user interest or intent, so the goal is to distribute them as widely as possible as quickly as possible before the scheme is identified and terminated.  

Believe it or not, malware IS the most likely explanation here.  If we can establish otherwise, obviously we will urge Huddler to eliminate any abusive ads as quickly as humanly possible. 

@Methodical Management

I got some software update thingy four days ago. I ignored it. Then it came back the next day. Honestly, I waited to see if it would go away. I was good for about a day or so, but then it came back recently. It has happened more than ten times. These were two of the links that I got recently (the second link is random, because I was on a Mac and it was talking about Windows);

https://softwareupdaterlp.com/campa...sub=trillmstrcpi2&S2=wQ50030IV0AUQQPH0LQH2J0M

http://pckeeperapp.zeobit.com/land/...rt=33_936037&tid_ext=wGKT7RMSD1L9BQPHG4R0NUAK

I used a Mac laptop on Google Chrome when these happened. I only got these on this site. Nowhere else.

I used a Windows desktop computer on Google Chrome for some time as well, and I got the software update only one time.

I used a mobile device for a little bit of time, and I had no problems.

I don't have, or have ever had malware or any virus problems ever on my Mac, so IDK 
ohwell.gif

EDIT: The software update popup just happened again about 9 a.m. AKST on the Mac.

Last edited:
I've been getting that link as well. Redirects me saying I need to update Explorer when I am using Safari.

So are you guys saying I have a virus? I don't think I've ever had a virus on my Mac. Well, that I know of anyways.

Back
Top Bottom