The NY Times Made Ninjahood's Argument for Him (Since We Disagree With "His Point")

This goes to all of you (myself included) who always ridicule him whenever he says most Latinos identify with culture more than race.

That said, even after this thread is over and locked, ten bucks says he still won't be able to tell the difference between the two (color and nationality.) 

That said, even though he might have no idea what he's saying -- and the point he makes isn't the one he intended to make -- studies show he makes a valid argument.

Key points are bolded.

[h1]For Many Latinos, Racial Identity Is More Culture Than Color[/h1]
LATINOS-1-articleLarge.jpg

Monica Almeida/The New York Times

“Believe me, I am not a confused person. I know who I am, but I don't necessarily fit the categories well," said Erica Lubliner, a medical school graduate of Mexican and Jewish heritage.
[h6]By MIREYA NAVARRO[/h6]Every decade, the Census Bureau spends billions of dollars and deploys hundreds of thousands of workers to get an accurate portrait of the American population. Among the questions on the census form is one about race, with 15 choices, including “some other race.

NT usually doesnt allow personal attacks, but dont worry OP, its ninjahood so you get a pass.

I realize it's a Friday night and I shouldn't care, but how exactly has he struggled to make this point? He's seemed pretty lucid in his other posts on the topic. It's the black NTers that can't get over it.

no,

Ninjahood always made his point.
y'all just never cared to look at it from any other point of view 
eyes.gif

I hate it when he uses "da" makes me feel like we still in the sidekick 2 era

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

NT usually doesnt allow personal attacks, but dont worry OP, its ninjahood so you get a pass.

wasn't a personal attack.  ninjahood always enters threads to make this argument.  ALWAYS.  but never ever supports it with a coherent point.  EVER.

i'm not insulting him.  at least not intentionally.  not really.

But i think when I say "makes ninjahood's argument for him" everyone knows exactly what argument i'm referring to

That guy still says "da" and it makes me lol every time in a good way.
megatron wrote:
I hate it when he uses "da" makes me feel like we still in the sidekick 2 era

indifferent.gif
No its classic and hilarious.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

no,

eyes.gif

ok i edited the title to acknowledge that he "makes his point."

But what point would that be?  That Black is a nationality?  That Dominicano is a race?  Because thos are the points he makes.  Fervently at that.

He's literally said "I'm Dominican, that's my culture.  You're Black, that's your culture."  What point of view am I struggling to see?

Black=race/skin color. Dominican=culture. I said this in another thread: if a black family moves to Holland, are their kids not Dutch AND black? The black part of them doesn't get erased
laugh.gif

You can't deny your blood. If you are a dark skinned Dominican your dominant gene is African. Plain n simple

He's said many things, I can't defend all of them.

But as you know those threads (as well as many others) get out of hand.

Many people get offended or try to pretend they can't see he's emphasizing his culture rather than his genetics.

Originally Posted by Bandit Country

I realize it's a Friday night and I shouldn't care, but how exactly has he struggled to make this point? He's seemed pretty lucid in his other posts on the topic. It's the black NTers that can't get over it.

ThunderChunk69 wrote:
no,

eyes.gif

i "struggle" to find where i didn't make my point abundantly clear that i dont categorize myself as a black man, but rather a hispanic/latino Nako XL.

da problem is da US government and its citizens imposing what group of others should feel like what they should be labeled.

i told ya for ever that Hispanics identify ethnically/culturally rather then skin color..instead of taking that for its word ya accused me of "running away from my blackness"

i guarantee that da next census will have "hispanic" as its own category when its all said and done...

skin color =/= race

Dude might be dark skinned, might even be "black", but he's still Hispanic and NOT African-American.
eyes.gif
grin.gif

and "black" is not a race.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by JD214

skin color =/= race

Dude might be dark skinned, might even be "black", but he's still Hispanic and NOT African-American.
eyes.gif
grin.gif

indifferent.gif

Dark skin means the dominant gene is African. Which makes him Afro Dominican. 85% of Dominicans are Afro Dominican

Originally Posted by tim teufel

skin color =/= race

eyes.gif
grin.gif

indifferent.gif

Dark skin means the dominant gene is African.
how about no...

India-Dalit-Hindu-005.jpg

Originally Posted by tim teufel

skin color =/= race

eyes.gif
grin.gif

indifferent.gif

Dark skin means the dominant gene is African. Which makes him Afro Dominican. 85% of Dominicans are Afro Dominican

Dark skin doesn't mean anything, believe it or not not everyone is Africa is super dark in fact the darkest people in the world aren't even in African (Aborigenes)-the are many other markers aside from skin color that may indicate "Africanness" if such a thing exists. Furthermore Africa is one of the most genetically diverse continents in the world, I can tell the difference between an Ibo and a Yoruba and we're both darkskinned and dwell in the same country.

Ninjahood claims to not think "black" means anything yet he groups every dark skinned race into one category and takes himself out of it-if ninjahood isn't "black" then African Americans aren't black either

Back
Top Bottom