The Obama Attacks Are Starting... Get Ready... Stay Strong

Well, they're both very persuasive speakers.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Yeah let's look past the "BS"...like Obama's complete lack of ideas and prior political experience.

He's young, black, talks about "change" every time he opens his mouth, and is a democrat. What's not to love?

so is your judge of "political experience" someone who has been hanging around D.C. for the past two decades smoozing with the lobbyists andcorporate cronies? that's worked out for us so far....

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

Yeah let's look past the "BS"...like Obama's complete lack of ideas and prior political experience.

He's young, black, talks about "change" every time he opens his mouth, and is a democrat. What's not to love?

so is your judge of "political experience" someone who has been hanging around D.C. for the past two decades smoozing with the lobbyists and corporate cronies? that's worked out for us so far....
Did I say that?

Didn't think so.

My idea of political experience is just that- political experience. Obama has far too little, and he sounds ridiculous when put on the spot about toughissues. He's a good speaker, but he's a rookie politician and I have my doubts about his leadership.

so is your judge of "political experience" someone who has been hanging around D.C. for the past two decades smoozing with the lobbyists and corporate cronies? that's worked out for us so far....
Did I say that?

Didn't think so.

My idea of political experience is just that- political experience. Obama has far too little, and he sounds ridiculous when put on the spot about tough issues. He's a good speaker, but he's a rookie politician and I have my doubts about his leadership.

okay, what is your defintion of politcal experience?

That comparison is asinine, and should be completely ignored.
To single out Fox is stupid, and to take seriously what any personality say is just ridiculous. Like Howard Stern, dude says certain things to get peoples attention are they necessarily his real feelings? Probably not, but he gets ratings and it is entertaining. Fox News does what they do because for the most part, America is conservative (moderately) and they are the ONLY news outlet that is somewhat "right". I'm a Republican but I don't base my opinion on what they say, I watch them because outlets like CNN, MSNBC, ect have nothing else to talk about but how "bad" and "evil" the right wing is. You notice nobody from the left will go on Fox News, why? Because they would have to answer "tough" questions and may look like a fool, atleast Bill O'Rielly has gone on Letterman and Colbert and answered questions.
Howard Stern doesn't call his show a news show. Comparing him to Bill O'Reilly is ludicrous. You're right in one sense. Fox Newspresents entertainment rather than actual news, but that is not the way that they portray themselves. Fox News is the only news outlet that is somewhat"right?" Are you joking? No one from the left will go on Fox News for good reason. Obama in particular refuses to go on Fox News after they accusedhim of being a jihadist. No one is afraid Bill will ask them the tough questions. They're afraid their answers will be edited and warped.

Here's a exerpt from one of Hitler's speeches "There are only two possibilities in Germany; do not imagine that the people will forever go with the middle party, the party of compromises; one day it will turn to those who have most consistently foretold the coming ruin and have sought to dissociate themselves from it. And that party is either the Left: and then God help us! for it will lead us to complete destruction - to Bolshevism, or else it is a party of the Right which at the last, when the people is in utter despair, when it has lost all its spirit and has no longer any faith in anything, is determined for its part ruthlessly to seize the reins of power - that is the beginning of resistance of which I spoke a few minutes ago. Here, too, there can be no compromise - there are only two possibilities: either victory of the Aryan, or annihilation of the Aryan and the victory of the Jew".

Sounds more like McCain.

As for direct democracy(Gravel's stance) imo this country is too large and diverse for that from of government. You can alway move to Switzerland.
You may be right in comparing Hitler's quote with McCain's. Nonetheless, Obama is arguably much more captivating to the public than theother two. I think the main point that these people were trying to make in the article was that Obama has the ability to sway his audience much better thanthe rest, just like Hitler swayed his people:

Sullivan replied: "Oh, yeah, yeah ... I presume you're not saying he's Hitler, but I understand your point." Following the commercial break, Sullivan stated the caller "wasn't calling Barack Obama Hitler. He was just talking about how Hitler got the crowd all excited, and Barack Obama got the crowd all excited." Sullivan
As for direct democracy not being plausible, that's just plain nonsense, especially given the technological advances at our disposal. Sure,ordinary citizens may not have the capacity to hold an opinion on everything, but there are just some issues that are too obvious for the public NOT to have avoice in, like: should the U.S. sponsor terrorism, or should corporate America run our lives.

Bottom line, Gravel is the best choice of the presidential candidates, assuming one values human rights and equality.

anyone actually ever listened to Tom Sullivan before? he is by far THE most balanced and fair talk show hosts on the radio today. he's interviewed the mostliberal politicians in california when he was a local host and heard them out on their ideas so the audience could get their point of view.

as far as the segment... he was making the point that both Obama & Hitler were charismatic speakers who used rhetoric and crowd appeal to get their pointsacross more so than actually saying anything with substance to back it. prior to the segment, he played a clip of hillary speaking about gloom & doom andthen compared that with Barack's speaking style. also missing in the transcript... his sarcastic tone of voice in the "YEAH".

Did I say that?

Didn't think so.

My idea of political experience is just that- political experience. Obama has far too little, and he sounds ridiculous when put on the spot about tough issues. He's a good speaker, but he's a rookie politician and I have my doubts about his leadership.

Experience doesn't play that big of a role, it's good to have, but Obama is a senator and he does have political experience. It doesn't somuch matter how much experience you have it matters more whether or not you can do something as president and that's what Obama is saying.

Back
Top Bottom