The Office is so bad now - somebody please cancel this show already

I was a HUGE fan of the Office... then I discovered 30 Rock.

That along with how bad last season was made me lose interest, although the episodes I've watched of this season are an improvement.
Still, 30 Rock is > any other comedy on tv.

The Office is so bad now - somebody please cancel this show already
dwight_schrute.gif

Originally Posted by snow pl0w

The show has never been THAT funny. It's just a corny show that capitalizes on the fact that pseudo intellects will watch it because they feel special for "getting it". You not like it now prob doesn't have much to do with it becoming any less funny, it prob has more to do with the show becoming so popular with the mainstream audience. Mr. Pseudo Intellect doesn't find comfort in enjoying the same entertainment as "normal" people. You look so special saying you like the English version better - jesus christ you're so sophisticated!

That is a horrible argument. there is very little humor in the Office that is not extremely straightforward, a lot of it is witty but there aren'tambiguous jokes and references like in Arrested Development, which Rupert Murdoch found to be very elitist. And he had a point, AD fans wouldn't hesitateto proclaim AD as the best comedy ever. But in all, the cult followings both shows have (with a lot of overlap I might add) is very open to gaining a wideraudience.

The Office has some of the best characters on TV and the mockumentary format is a huge success. THAT's what makes it so great, although at times it seemsthey are struggling for new material. I've watched it from the beginning and prefer the American version.

We need Arrested Development back and this Pam and Jim crap has got to go.
I haven't watched the Office in so long I don't even know what season this is.
smh.gif

I love the Office, i know its not what it once was but its still one of hte best shows on tv right now. I say two more seasons.

i havent watched the previous three seasons, and i understand they were funnier, but these make me crack up routinely.

Honestly, I never even tuned into The Office until this season and they can say theyve earned a FAN. This show is funny as hell, I dont know what yall are NOTseeing.

It all really depends. I have watched this show from the beginning and will keep watching it. I actually thought the "Cafe Disco" episode was one ofthe funniest ones in a while. The show is turning into a new direction. For the true Office fans you can see that everything is coming together. Micheal haschanged from the Micheal Scott Paper Company and now he's more funnier. Andy's also breaking out of his shell. That part was funny when "littleAndy was afwaid"that had me
roll.gif
because Micheal was the big daddy.
laugh.gif

I'm still going to continue to watch The Office.

My rant from the last Office thread:

The show fell apart in the middle of season 3. This would've made more sense:

- The Stamford vs. Scranton rivalry should've went on that entire season. The finale should've been about Scranton finally being closed (which is what the premise of the entire series is). The season 4 premiere should've been about Josh Porter's leaving the company, meaning Scranton would stay open. The show barely touched on Stamford being the "better" branch", which would've been enough material for season 3.

- The Jim + Karen storyline was a bit rushed. It should've started towards the end of season 3, and carried over to season 4 when the Stamford people came to Scranton. Season 4 should've been what the second half was season 3 was. Pam/Karen tension, Pam/Jim no longer being close buddies, things like that. At some point in the season, Pam desperately wants to quit, but Jim talks her out of it. Pam suspects Jim still has feelings for him because of that.

- The Season 4 finale should've been about Jim possibly taking the corporate job and deciding between Karen and Pam. I liked Ryan being the one getting the job, but what they did to his character was ******ed. Literally threw his character in the trash. The old Ryan had such a good comedic relationship with Michael, and anything now seems forced. Jim not taking the job should go as planned.

- Season 5 (which should be the final season) should have the original cast, plus Andy. Jim and Pam are slowly starting to get closer, until Roy finds out about the kiss. Roy attacks Jim, and any sort of momentum going on with Jim and Pam is destroyed because Pam said "it was just a kiss" and that "it meant nothing".

- The series should end with Jim deciding to leave for New York to pursue writing, but only going if Pam decides to go to New York for art with him. They decide to go together and finally end up a couple. During the season, Michael finds the woman of his dreams (Holly), but she gets fired by David Wallace. Michael is heartbroken, but doesn't know Wallace fired him. Towards the end of the season, Wallace offers Michael a great job in corporate, until Michael finds out the truth about Holly's firing. He declines the job, quits Dunder Mifflin, and leaves Scranton to be with Holly.

I also agree that UK > US, but the British version had a huge advantage in that the show was a mere 14 episodes long. However, the US version has a hugeadvantage in that Jenna Fischer's **** are amazing.

Originally Posted by Damu

uk version > us version and it's not even close
yeah the UK version is great but sometimes you cant hear what their saying when the start talking really fast

and Crank, if this season was 4/5. seasons 1-3 were 9/5

This season cant touch the earlier ones

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

My rant from the last Office thread:

The show fell apart in the middle of season 3. This would've made more sense:

- The Stamford vs. Scranton rivalry should've went on that entire season. The finale should've been about Scranton finally being closed (which is what the premise of the entire series is). The season 4 premiere should've been about Josh Porter's leaving the company, meaning Scranton would stay open. The show barely touched on Stamford being the "better" branch", which would've been enough material for season 3.

- The Jim + Karen storyline was a bit rushed. It should've started towards the end of season 3, and carried over to season 4 when the Stamford people came to Scranton. Season 4 should've been what the second half was season 3 was. Pam/Karen tension, Pam/Jim no longer being close buddies, things like that. At some point in the season, Pam desperately wants to quit, but Jim talks her out of it. Pam suspects Jim still has feelings for him because of that.

- The Season 4 finale should've been about Jim possibly taking the corporate job and deciding between Karen and Pam. I liked Ryan being the one getting the job, but what they did to his character was ******ed. Literally threw his character in the trash. The old Ryan had such a good comedic relationship with Michael, and anything now seems forced. Jim not taking the job should go as planned.

- Season 5 (which should be the final season) should have the original cast, plus Andy. Jim and Pam are slowly starting to get closer, until Roy finds out about the kiss. Roy attacks Jim, and any sort of momentum going on with Jim and Pam is destroyed because Pam said "it was just a kiss" and that "it meant nothing".

- The series should end with Jim deciding to leave for New York to pursue writing, but only going if Pam decides to go to New York for art with him. They decide to go together and finally end up a couple. During the season, Michael finds the woman of his dreams (Holly), but she gets fired by David Wallace. Michael is heartbroken, but doesn't know Wallace fired him. Towards the end of the season, Wallace offers Michael a great job in corporate, until Michael finds out the truth about Holly's firing. He declines the job, quits Dunder Mifflin, and leaves Scranton to be with Holly.
I also agree that UK > US, but the British version had a huge advantage in that the show was a mere 14 episodes long. However, the US version has a huge advantage in that Jenna Fischer's **** are amazing.
do you copy and paste that rant in every thread? so many flaws in there I dont know where to start, you do know theres writers that make a livingoff what they do to keep the show running, and its a dam comedy, its 30 minutes of laugh and keep it moving

youe nitpicking it as if it were a drama, I really hate when people watch stuff on tv and are just anxiously waiting to point out whats "wrong"

i just hated how stupid they made micheal in the last 2 (maybe 3) seasons.
they picked him up though when he met holly, and recently with the last 3 or 4 episodes of this season.

Originally Posted by FunkyFunke20

I dont mean to be this guy but Arrested Development>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Office
I've only seen the first season but I must say it was quite funny. I'll eventually watch the rest later this summer.

Back
Top Bottom