Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B383ABD4-F30A-478B-B39F-08F787E1A0A1.gif

Too much Hyperbole on twitter right not, do we even know what it would take in terms of draft compensation to get Masai? Just remember we clamored for Walsh, Phil, etc. and people who were respected and got us no where as well. Maybe this works or doesn't, I am not making a decision until the actually make moves and gives us a plan.

If you don’t mind explaining, what exactly are you upset about?
The turnover makes me feel like there wasn’t a whole lot of thought out into this by Dolan

Tired of hiring guys with player connections as an agent rather than guys with legitimate resumes

So is the same energy if the name was Masai then 48 hrs would be no issue, like i get it we don't like the unknown but lets get more information before jumping off a bridge.

At least players respect Rose & Wes

Players also respect Phil Jackson and then an all black front office. Both those ideas backfired too. How can you hire someone with zero front office experience. Even from a business standpoint that makes zero sense.

The turnover makes me feel like there wasn’t a whole lot of thought out into this by Dolan

Tired of hiring guys with player connections as an agent rather than guys with legitimate resumes

This is a method that seems to work. We watched LA get Bron & AD w/ a guy in Pelinka w/ no experience in the field. Players just respected him. Just saying don’t knock it bro

So is the same energy if the name was Masai then 48 hrs would be no issue, like i get it we don't like the unknown but lets get more information before jumping off a bridge.
Hiring someone for a job that they have zero experience in but has connections with top tier talent

How many times we gotta watch the same movie?

Not writing him off at all but I’d be lying if I said this **** isn’t mad frustrating because it seems like such a Knicks move

This is a method that seems to work. We watched LA get Bron & AD w/ a guy in Pelinka w/ no experience in the field. Players just respected him. Just saying don’t knock it bro
I understand your argument but Pelinka had zero influence on LeBron’s decision to come to LA

He had his mind made up before Pelinka was even involved

They acquired AD via trade who has yet to sign an extension so we can’t really speak to that either

He hasn’t really done much

Last edited:

Masai has the track record though. Why rush to hire a guy ASAP who doesn't even have any experience with this stuff? He could end up being good. Could also end up like Phil who had no prior front office experience

I understand your argument but Pelinka had zero influence on LeBron’s decision to come to LA

He had his mind made up that before Pelinka was even involved

They acquired AD via trade who has yet to sign an extension so we can’t really speak to that either

He hasn’t really done much

Just don’t knock it man. Toronto would’ve FLEECED us. We can’t afford to keep gettin finessed

Quite sure they kicked the tires on Masai before going with these guys. Toronto clearly asked for a king's ransom and they went with the backup plan

Masai is a proven guy who knows what he's doing kinda like Donnie Walsh... but we went with the unknown route this time.... I guess we'll see what happens... still need to get Russell done today though

Masai is a proven guy who knows what he's doing kinda like Donnie Walsh... but we went with the unknown route this time.... I guess we'll see what happens... still need to get Russell done today though

You giving up 3 1st round picks including this year’s lottery pick to get Masai? That’s one thing you gotta ask yourself.

Just don’t knock it man. Toronto would’ve FLEECED us. We can’t afford to keep gettin finessed
I’m not saying we should’ve given up the farm for Masai but again, why the hell are we in such a rush for?

We contending?
We on the brink of anything?

48 hours?! C’mon man

Give Perry the keys for a year where we’d still be awful anyway and sign Masai in the summer of 2021 ahead of a huge and very important free agent class where he could get **** done

Don’t understand this at all

I’m not saying we should’ve given up the farm for Masai but again, why the hell are we in such a rush for?

We contending?
We on the brink of anything?

48 hours?! C’mon man

Give Perry the keys for a year where we’d still be awful anyway and sign Masai in the summer of 2021 ahead of a huge and very important free agent class where he could get **** done

Don’t understand this at all

I understand why you have doubts. But Masai was never a sure thing. Lets see how this plays out. I don’t hate this move man

Back
Top Bottom