The Official 2010 NCAA March Madness Thread -- * Kentucky and Kansas State Fall *

Originally Posted by Wings90

Originally Posted by I HIT LICKS

^^^ Not the A&M part IMO.
I'm no A&M fan but I can appreciate a game of that magnitude between two in-state teams.
I don't think a lot of people appreciate just how rock solid A&M is... They're not gonna wow anybody, but Mark Turgeon is one of the best coaches in the country come tournament time and the Aggies aren't gonna play themselves outta very many games... I don't know that they beat Duke, but it's certainly the best possible draw they could have gotten outta the 1-seeds... And playing in Houston will be a nice advantage.

I may have to get down to Houston two weeks from now...

Anybody else think KSU could really give Syracuse some problems if they met up?

I think if Wisconsin gets to the Sweet 16 they can give Kentucky a good game...Not sure what I am going to do there.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Anybody else think KSU could really give Syracuse some problems if they met up?
i'm filling out that region now...got BYU beating KSU.
laugh.gif

Cuse should walk to Indy.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I think if Wisconsin gets to the Sweet 16 they can give Kentucky a good game...Not sure what I am going to do there.

I'm in the same boat... If Bo Ryan's club plays like they can then they can be a real problem for UK: Their tempo, the way they space the floor, their patience, their bigs stepping outside etc... Very Dangerous if they're on their game
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Dwadefan

My Final 4

WVY
Nova
Cuse'
Kansas

KU Beats Cuse'
WVU Over Nova

KU Wins It All.
Wow My exact same Final Four.. Only I have Nova over WVU .. but got Kansas winning it all

I dont get the Villanova love this year. Last year I saw the potential run, had it picked...this year? No..

They've dropped 5 outa 7 and can't handle anyone with size...and they have to face Udoh, Quincy Acy & co?

And didn't we see how much a zone with length bothered them up at the carrier dome?

I love Baylor to get to the final 4. People keep saying they're not that good or a question mark...i dont know why, just name recognition I guess.....they're playing at a very high level and have all the pieces.

IF Georgetown can get to the match up with OSU...I'd expect Kansas/G'Town in the Elite 8.

I'm buying the Baylor hype. I've seen them a few times this year and know that they are legit. Nova/Baylor is a tough one to pick, though. Probably rolling with the Bears.

I'm nervous to send the Cuse to the final 4 because of Onuaku. They're vulnerable in that second matchup vs. FSU/Gonzaga if he doesn't play opening weekend.

Think I'll go with Kansas to win it all. See nothing wrong with that team.

when will the times for the second round be out?  i've got some %*%# i gotta do saturday...some bull %*%#.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by henz0

BYU/Zaga in elite 8
nerd.gif
I got BYU in the eli8 prolly...That half of the West bracket is just atrociousm I don't even like BYU.

No way Gonzaga beats Cuse though.

If FSU beats Gonzaga then Cuse wins that 2nd round game. FSU has a terrible half court offense with no outside shooting and that Cuse zone would cause a heap of problems.

Gonzaga wins then they have a real shot at beating Cuse. They could rip that zone open from outside and with AO out, have the size to go inside.

This year its more about matchups than anything else.

The Great Joseph War Of 2010
 by Sean Keeley on Mar 15, 2010 1:47 PM EDT  1 comment

So many storylines at play in Friday's Syracuse-Vermont match-up.  The game is personal for Cuse fans, who want revenge for the sting of the '05 Tournament.  For Kris Joseph, the game is personal too, yet, for entirely different reasons.  That Maurice Joseph fellow lining up against Kris on Friday?  That's his older brother.

"It crossed my mind, obviously, but I didn’t think it would happen,’’ Maurice Joseph said of the matchup against his brother’s team. "I didn’t think we’d be a 16 seed. I thought we were a 15. When I saw they were a No. 1, I didn’t think we’d get a chance to play them.

Asked if he anticipated going one-on-one against his brother, Maurice replied, "It doesn’t matter whether I get matched up or not, I’m going to guard him. We’re going to have to guard each other. I mean, they play that zone, but I’m going to have to guard him a little bit, at least.’’

Interestingly enough, Joseph is also the biggest threat that SU will be lining up against, after two-time America East Player of the Year Marqus Blakely.  Joseph is 2nd in scoring (14 PPG) and is the team's go-to assassin for three-point shooting.  We all know what a hot hand from three-point range can do to the zone.

Kris agrees with his brother that he'd like to get a match-up against one another, at least for a little while:

"He will probably be guarding someone like Andy," Kris Joseph said. "I wish we played man for a few possessions because I would guard him full court."

Maurice actually began his career at Michigan State where he play sparingly for two seasons before transferring to Vermont. UVM head coach Mike Lonergan describes him as "a great shooter and a tremendous leader."

No word on whether or not Mama Joseph is showing up wearing one of those split jerseys.  Emotions, sufficed to say, will be running high in the Joseph household on Friday.  And in the interest of fairness, as much as we want to hate on Maurice and the Catamounts, I did have to include this quote about his baby brother.
"I’m going to have to use my big-brother intimidation to get in his head a little bit, but he’s a tough kid,’’ Maurice Joseph said. "I’m proud of how far he’s come as a player and I’m proud of how he’s grown as a young man and I’ve told him all season how proud of him I am. And now? It’s a showdown, I guess.’’

Am I the only one, or is this bracket the hardest one to fill out in recent years???
The only LOCKS I have for the first round in each region are:

Kansas over Lehigh

Michigan St. over NMSU

Georgetown over Ohio

Ohio St. over USCB

Syracuse over Vermont

Pitt over Oakland

Kansas St. over North Texas

Kentcky over ETSU

Wisconsin over Wofford

New Mexico over Montana

West Virginia over Morgan St.

Duke over Ark-PB/Winth

Baylor over Sam-Houston

Villanova over Robert Morris

EVERY other game is a toss-up.  
eek.gif

it's crazy, but sucks at the same time 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by henz0

BYU/Zaga in elite 8
nerd.gif
I got BYU in the eli8 prolly...That half of the West bracket is just atrociousm I don't even like BYU.

No way Gonzaga beats Cuse though.

The BYU and Kansas State 2nd round game is huge...I got my tourny filled out but that match is killing me. The winner I think gets to the elite 8 no doubt

fsu -1 1/2 point favs over the zags.....dont give me that vegas want even money on both sides talk cause 87% of the public money is on the zags ....

Back
Top Bottom