THE OFFICIAL 2012 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (1-3) Red Sox @ Blue Jays - FIRST WIN!!!

DeadsetAce

Supporter
bg4su8.jpg

big offseason for us. looks like it's back to what should be a two horse race in the al east.

key additions:
- adrian gonzalez
- carl crawford
- dan wheeler
- bobby jenks

key question marks:
- how do beckett and lackey bounce back?
- can clay replicate last year?
- how will the clash of roles in the bullpen affect the dynamic out there?
- catcher and SS...two pretty big holes. any production would be welcomed
- health...lot of key guys coming back from big injuries in 2010: youk, laser show, and ellsbury.
- will JD drew play more than 100 games?

if we can stay healthy, it should be an awesome summer and even better october. let do work
pimp.gif

bg4su8.jpg

big offseason for us. looks like it's back to what should be a two horse race in the al east.

key additions:
- adrian gonzalez
- carl crawford
- dan wheeler
- bobby jenks

key question marks:
- how do beckett and lackey bounce back?
- can clay replicate last year?
- how will the clash of roles in the bullpen affect the dynamic out there?
- catcher and SS...two pretty big holes. any production would be welcomed
- health...lot of key guys coming back from big injuries in 2010: youk, laser show, and ellsbury.
- will JD drew play more than 100 games?

if we can stay healthy, it should be an awesome summer and even better october. let do work
pimp.gif

I have a good feeling about Beckett rebounding well for you guys and Lackey just being a bully out there (probably with an ERA in the high 3s/low 4s).

I have a good feeling about Beckett rebounding well for you guys and Lackey just being a bully out there (probably with an ERA in the high 3s/low 4s).

would love for my dude beckett to have a big year. if he can stay healthy, he'll be effective enough. health's been the issue the past couple years. i don't really have any faith in lackey or dice k...but if they're you're worst guys, whatever.

would love for my dude beckett to have a big year. if he can stay healthy, he'll be effective enough. health's been the issue the past couple years. i don't really have any faith in lackey or dice k...but if they're you're worst guys, whatever.

This is the most excited I've been for a Sox season since they traded for Beckett in 2005.

Anything less than a trip to the World Series is a disappointment in my mind.

This is the most excited I've been for a Sox season since they traded for Beckett in 2005.

Anything less than a trip to the World Series is a disappointment in my mind.

yeah agreed TB. if we're healthy, anything less than a WS appearance or DEEP DEEP ALCS run is a fail in my mind

yeah agreed TB. if we're healthy, anything less than a WS appearance or DEEP DEEP ALCS run is a fail in my mind

according to reports: lackey lost some god damn weight, thank god. and beckett looks strong. both worked hard this offseason. good to hear. just stay in shape and healthy as the season goes on.

god papelbon sounds so damn ******ed. i think he sounds worse every year
laugh.gif

according to reports: lackey lost some god damn weight, thank god. and beckett looks strong. both worked hard this offseason. good to hear. just stay in shape and healthy as the season goes on.

god papelbon sounds so damn ******ed. i think he sounds worse every year
laugh.gif

Clay as the 4 hole starter.. we lookin good. 4 legit potential 15 game winners/CY candidates.
pimp.gif

Clay as the 4 hole starter.. we lookin good. 4 legit potential 15 game winners/CY candidates.
pimp.gif

i know its only been a couple days...but early word is aceves is turning some heads. not sure how exactly tho
laugh.gif

i know its only been a couple days...but early word is aceves is turning some heads. not sure how exactly tho
laugh.gif

Does your depth chart at pitching really have Beckett as a #1? Seems like Lester should be considered now.

Does your depth chart at pitching really have Beckett as a #1? Seems like Lester should be considered now.

laugh.gif
i hear ya

it's definitely a seniority thing. and also, they don't want josh's confidence and swagger (what's left of it) to fade. they need him to have that "ace of the staff" mentality going in.

laugh.gif
i hear ya

it's definitely a seniority thing. and also, they don't want josh's confidence and swagger (what's left of it) to fade. they need him to have that "ace of the staff" mentality going in.

Back
Top Bottom