The official '20 NYK thread, Nate jersey retired

Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
trying not to be negative and come down on fizdale, but it's getting challenging
in a situation like this it's a coach's job to put his team in a winning position

Like seriously....

FRANK and RJ are both in the game, bring the ball down pass to Randle, Morris or Portis and that's as far as the ball moves.

****!

I'm not a Randle fan. Super talented scorer but he's bad at everything else. Especially poor defender. We could've just signed 2020 Melo for this type of game.

2 points in the last 6 minutes is inexcusable, multiple games now. Thats not on the roster man.

The Hornets, Cavs, etc dont go on these type of slumps.

I'm not a Randle fan. Super talented scorer but he's bad at everything else. Especially poor defender. We could've just signed 2020 Melo for this type of game.

Fiz not putting these players in a position to succeed. Look at 90% of Randles shots. Its forced post ups.

I don't want to see this group of talented young players we have get used to losing. Fiz gotta get it together. These have been winnable games.

We should've thrown the bag at Kemba

Nothings gonna change. Look what it took for Frank to get playing time. Fiz wont just randomly start running an actual offense with off ball movement that doesnt depend on post ups and isos.

Julius Hardaway Jr with the extra green light .

Cringe every time he drives . Ugly basketball. Liked him on the Lakers and Pels but wow its painful to watch him in a Knick uni. Just incredible exertion of energy to force the action.

Horrible game last night. Gotta get Fiz outta here man, his rotations and in game management sucks.

Thought I was going to like Morris this year, but he been HORRIBLE.

They’re playing that way bc Fiz doesn’t coach them. He let’s them do whatever they want, but yanks certain players after one mistake.

Nothings gonna change. Look what it took for Frank to get playing time. Fiz wont just randomly start running an actual offense with off ball movement that doesnt depend on post ups and isos.
And that's the biggest problem ... everyone gets on Frank for passing the ball, but he's accustomed to ball movement. The Knicks have been displaying anything but.... there's no reason why Portis, Randle, or Morris to get the ball at the top and the ball movement to stop.

Countless times this happens and is either a bad shot, turnover and rare when it has worked.

Dude has no offensive play calling and like I said countless time .. they play who got the rock go for it.

Hence the reason why people clown Frank because he wants to pass unlike his teammates.....

And that's the biggest problem ... everyone gets on Frank for passing the ball, but he's accustomed to ball movement. The Knicks have been displaying anything but.... there's no reason why Portis, Randle, or Morris to get the ball at the top and the ball movement to stop.

Countless times this happens and is either a bad shot, turnover and rare when it has worked.

Dude has no offensive play calling and like I said countless time .. they play who got the rock go for it.

Hence the reason why people clown Frank because he wants to pass unlike his teammates.....
That a good point about Frank being accustomed to passing the ball

Dude grew up watching and learning the international game which is heavily predicated on passing, ball movement and finding the best shot possible

Whereas here in the states we reward and glorify ISOs and 1 on 1 basketball

Theres gotta be a balance tho. You can't pass up open shots or lay ups for the sake of ball movement and wind up with contested shots or said iso's.

I'm not sure if Randle operated at the top of the key on his previous teams, but because he is one of the more tenured Knicks who can score and we have a trio of average to subpar PGs, this is the basketball we better get used to.

Our PGs really trash y'all. Frank likes to pass but he hasn't been able to beat ppl off the dribble. Son will usually pass behind the 3 point line to a playmaker. DSJ can't get right.

Back
Top Bottom