The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets are like we will not be out tanked

Writing was on the wall for Winters to be cut. He was owed $7.2M I believe. Yes he played through injury in 2019, but we added depth on depth to the line that it doesn't make sense to keep him around.

NE's also interested in Walker reportedly.

Not sure how much left in the tank he has but always been a fan of his game. He'd be an upgrade over what's there right now :lol:

Good on Reed though, surprised he hasn't retired yet tbh

I could’ve sworn Reed signed with the Bears or something

TBH. I don’t think the season lasts more than a couple weeks.

With all the information, data, testing etc at our disposal now as opposed to 6 months ago, I don't think the NFL would restart the league and shut down early. Probably would end up costing them more $ in the long run than not having a season at all.

TBH. I don’t think the season lasts more than a couple weeks.

I really don’t get why the league didn’t push it back at least a month

supposedly big money people were pushing that COVID would be sorta handled by July, so I get them being hesitant based on what they were being sold

but as we hit July and things were still being figured out and the bubble the NBA is running seems the only thing that will last.. zero clue how they decided to just push forward, but then again it’s the nfl so shh don’t surprise me (old money folks is killing them)

I agree with him when he says that owners don't see players as people but more as property but LOL @ "we're playing for the owner's money." He does realize that they're playing for the player's money too right? There's no revenue to split between the owners and players if there's no season. Do these players not understand how their own CBA works? I guarantee billionaire owners can withstand losing a season's worth of revenue better than most players.

Last edited:
LOL @ "we're playing for the owner's money. He does realize that they're playing for the player's money too right? There's no revenue to split between the owners and players if there's no season. Do these players not understand how their own CBA works? I guarantee billionaire owners can withstand losing a season's worth of revenue better than most players.
He’s a 1%er in the NFL.

He doesn’t get it lol.

Man was a first round pick, who’s on a HOF trajectory and has mad endeavors outside of the league. He’s caked up. He can take a year off no problem.

He’s a 1%er in the NFL.

He doesn’t get it lol.

Man was a first round pick, who’s on a HOF trajectory and has mad endeavors outside of the league. He’s caked up. He can take a year off no problem.

This is the issue with a lot of labor struggles, the NBA had a similar problem. The influential and established players, many of whom have made well over $100m in their careers, spoke up about not playing and ignored the voices of the bottom half of the league who need this money I can't afford to not get paid for a year.

I got three dollars on it. spacedoodoo spacedoodoo is a trust fund baby so he could have covered the rest

59234461-52F3-4125-9B40-605DAE0922BB.jpeg

This draft wasn't even that bad.

Yielded a starting OT and DT.

It's the year prior that was a disaster:

1st round pick traded for a pittance.
2nd round pick out of the league.
3rd round pick out of the league.
4th round pick out of the league.

Enunwa released :frown: sucks but another no-brainer. Hasn't been healthy in years. Loved Q when he was out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom