The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

i3f4n0g5sjz91.jpg

I wonder if the warriors would give us Steph if we gave them Bron and Ad

😂😂 no body is giving Bron full personnel control at this point and AD is currently in the first stages of the rinse cycle. The Lakers mortgaged their future on the AD/Bron pairing and its run its course. No help on the horizon is coming.

Serious question: assuming you believe the wolves are we think they are, who is in a worst position long term?

Wolves or lakers?

Wolves went from having a future superstar. Happy to be there and fitting the mold of a wing with shot creation to now having him absolutely disgruntled. Can’t trade Gobert so now have to trade towns or edwards - again assuming they play out the season, fire coach etc etc. no picks to trade. Losing a star in KAT or Edwards when you had the world ahead of you.

Lakers: I’m super super down on them. Can’t stand their management but at least they have cap space this summer and can trade ad and bron for picks (I know Minny can do this too but lakers won a title with this group so doesn’t hurt as much)

I vote Minny

Short term the Lakers, Long term Minnesota.

The Lakers are an absolute dumpster fire right now. They have minimal upcoming draft capital also. But they’ve been smart enough (so far) to not say F them picks and trade any of their later first round picks in an attempt to make a foolish misguided last push.

But once the Lakers do decide to hit the reset button, if they so much as get some young talent and have any type of real upside to them, they’ll once again be an attractive destination for top talent. The whole allure and aura of being a superstar on the Lakers is real. Minnesota doesn’t and will never have that But they have to have something worth going to or some type of upside to maximize that. Hell we saw something similar with the 2018-19 Nets planting the seeds for them to be a highly desirable organization to play for. Granted that whole situation was a train wreck. But that’s more the exception than the norm in those situations.

On another note. The whole Lebron breaking the scoring record situation is going to be interesting to watch later this season. Because there’s a visible amount of Laker fans who don’t rock with the guy. The losing hasn’t helped. But even before that, that dynamic was there.

Maybe 5 years ago

Deciding to mortgage your future on a center like gobert in this era is quite the strategy

“Rudy just needs more touches”

:rofl:
It's not about touches. It's about running an offense. The twolves have no facilitator, Ant and Dlo are both score first dudes. It can work but you gotta have the right personnel.

On another note. The whole Lebron breaking the scoring record situation is going to be interesting to watch later this season. Because there’s a visible amount of Laker Kobe fans who don’t rock with the guy. The losing hasn’t helped. But even before that, that dynamic was there.

Back
Top Bottom