THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

Tough loss.

But we missed several opportunities before that Dez play even happened.

Secondary was pure garbage on that Rodgers game winning drive. Gotta address that in the draft/offseason.

Helluva season though.
pimp.gif

Did not expect it at all.

I can say one thing tho, I'm EXCITED for next season :pimp: time to get better in the offseason asks get that Lombardi next year

Next season, that amazing o-line (if healthy) will only get better.
Continue to control the line on both sides of the ball and we'll consistently have success in the future.

Tough loss. Thought we had our chances and gave away some opportunities. Tough way to have our season end.

D-line and DB's need to be addressed through the draft

Not sure if we can be as good next year. These are our Free Agents.

DeMarco Murray
Lance Dunbar (RFA)
Tyler Clutts
Dez Bryant
Cole Beasley (RFA)
Dwayne Harris
Ron Leary (RFA)
Doug Free
Jeremy Parnell

Anthony Spencer
George Selvie
Nick Hayden
Bruce Carter
Rolando McClain
Justin Durant
Sterling Moore
C.J. Spillman

I assume Free ends up leaving, but if we could keep the offense, and McClain, then we have a shot.

Last edited:
Awesome game. Sucks it came down to that call but we had our opportunities. Let the haters have their fun for the week.

Seattle and NE are the only two teams I can tolerate winning the Lombardi since Seattle only has one ring and I'd like for the TB >> Montana talks to start just so my brother gets upset :lol:

Young team, we'll have cap space (don't listen to the idiot haters that don't know our team. Cutting/making Carr take a pay cut will free up some space along with a multitude of other moves). Priorities have to be dline in the off season. We don't generate enough pressure to keep guys like Carr and Moore

Awesome game. Sucks it came down to that call but we had our opportunities. Let the haters have their fun for the week.

Seattle and NE are the only two teams I can tolerate winning the Lombardi since Seattle only has one ring and I'd like for the TB >> Montana talks to start just so my brother gets upset :lol:

Young team, we'll have cap space (don't listen to the idiot haters that don't know our team. Cutting/making Carr take a pay cut will free up some space along with a multitude of other moves). Priorities have to be dline in the off season. We don't generate enough pressure to keep guys like Carr and Moore

Cutting Brandon Carr next year creates less than $600K in cap space though. Who you signing for 600K that's better than him?

Last edited:
Although I doubt anyone takes him... I'd try to trade Carr, and attach a mid to late pick if there are no takers. He's not good enough to have such a big hold on our cap.

And if a guy we like is around in the draft in the round we traded out of, then sacrifice a future pick. We're in between win now and building a team. But with Romo where he is, we have to go for a win now attitude.

Last edited:
This one hurts, and listening to Romo acknowledge how his time is running out a post-game interview got me right in the feels.
It was a great season guys. If we keep Linehan and Dez (he's pretty much a lock just hope he's happy) , draft good defensively, and Romo stays healthy we'll be back and stronger than ever.

SO ******* PROUD OF DEM BOYZ . Never thought we would make it this far at the beginning of the season . Never.

We Dem Boyz

This one hurts, and listening to Romo acknowledge how his time is running out a post-game interview got me right in the feels.
It was a great season guys. If we keep Linehan and Dez (he's pretty much a lock just hope he's happy) , draft good defensively, and Romo stays healthy we'll be back and stronger than ever.

Have to keep DeMarco as well.. And not lose Leary & Free.

Last edited:
It seemed like every other down D Lawrence was on the sideline.
Marinelli over coached when he didn't have to.

Cutting Brandon Carr next year creates less than $600K in cap space though. Who you signing for 600K that's better than him?

This defense is very "plug and play". People said the same **** about Demarcus Ware. We no longer need big names. That has been extinguished since the days of Leonard Davis, and Marc Columbo. The Cowboys can find a replacement that will be just as good. The same way we found Sterling Moore, Ro McClain, Hitchens, Terrell McClain etc.

Every year haters jump around like "har har no cap space" not realizing the multitude of moves we can/will make to free up space...as we do every year. It never fails...

Defensively...

Lawrence, Mincey DLine. Everything else needs to be fixed.
I'm fine with our LB core. Rolando McClain absolutely needs to be brought back. I want Bruce Carter back, but fine if we can't bring Bruce or Durant back.
Secondary needs to be completely redone. Every single part of it.

This defense is very "plug and play". People said the same **** about Demarcus Ware. We no longer need big names. That has been extinguished since the days of Leonard Davis, and Marc Columbo. The Cowboys can find a replacement that will be just as good. The same way we found Sterling Moore, Ro McClain, Hitchens, Terrell McClain etc.

Every year haters jump around like "har har no cap space" not realizing the multitude of moves we can/will make to free up space...as we do every year. It never fails...

This would make sense if you had a sustained level of success recently.

Sterling Moore ain't exactly something to hang your head on.

Just lost your defensive coordinator too.

Yikes

Last edited:
Dline depth is definitely an issue. Melton's presence was definitely missed in the playoffs also McClain's during this game. All in all for a team that most people wrote off as the worst team in the division before the season started...it was a great run. Just need to concentrate on bringing key guys back and making major upgrades to the defense. Jerry has definitely got to show some urgency this off season because Romo and Witten really dont have much time left.

Jerry will pay Rod whatever it takes... Will be interesting to see if he leaves without giving Jerry a shot.

It was a good run. Need a good draft with defense being the emphasis.

Loved every moment of this season man.

Proud of these boys :smokin

This would make sense if you had a sustained level of success recently.

Sterling Moore ain't exactly something to hang your head on.

Just lost your defensive coordinator too.

Yikes

I guess it depends on what you consider "success."

After going 8-8 we got rid of what the world considered our best player on offense and defense. In the
Middle of training camp we lost what the world considered our QB of the defense. We also put our hopes and dreams of a number 2 WR in a guy that doesn't catch with his hands (got rid of Miles Austin). Despite all that the team won 12 games and would be the number one seed in just about every season not named 2014.

Losing Brandon Carr and replacing him with another CB isn't going to cost us 4-5 games.

We will be fine

Last edited:
Defensively...

Lawrence, Mincey DLine. Everything else needs to be fixed.
I'm fine with our LB core. Rolando McClain absolutely needs to be brought back. I want Bruce Carter back, but fine if we can't bring Bruce or Durant back.
Secondary needs to be completely redone. Every single part of it.

Secondary has been suspect for many years, outside those SB teams, but I would love upgrades there. Maybe Scandrick is alright, not confidant in the others.

I should've joined this thread earlier being from Texas and a lifelong Cowboys fan, but didn't think it would get this deep in the season, I'll regret it, but I'll be back and maybe they put together another hell of a run.

If Rod leaves for TB then fine, I'm sure with Jerry's bankroll we could get another solid DC, first, I think Garrett should be back, start there.

Back
Top Bottom