THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

Man, what? Dez has been a beast since he's been in the league. The more he matures the better he gets. You really tryna say he is the player he is because of the o-line?

Dez wants to be a Cowboy for life. I cannot see him go anywhere else but Dallas. no one has been more committed to Dez than the entire Dallas organization from Deion to Irvin. We hired bodyguards for him for god's sake. This delay in contract talk which will result in a franchise tag is a matter of principle. Dez wants respect, he will soon realize he's been getting it and will be rewarded soon, maybe during season.

A tag doesn't mean that we can't get a contract done. it allows us up until July. And if we can't get something done, then so be it. He gets franchised again for another year in 2016.

On the other hand, NFLPA just announced Dallas has not spent enough money lol. Who comes up with this stuff? Another slap on the hand.

mike fisher @fishsports
.@JDurant52 sources tell me, closing in on #Cowboys deal. Team captain. 3-position LB. Coaches love him. Good get. @1053thefan

Carter probably out then, if they can get Rolando back.

Also I guess we are looking at Greg Hardy of the Panthers.

Not great with all of the cap talk. The NFL cap confuses the hell out of me... But, it looks like if we can get Carr to restructure, restructure Tyron, a slight restructure of Romo (can't be huge because it will create a ton of dead money) we'll have a good amount of room.... Now if we can get a Dez deal done in the next week (doubt it), we'd be in great shape..

Also Demarco is pretty much gone.

Last edited:
We could use Greg Hardy's services. I say let Murray go. Gordon in the draft is an awesome long term answer.

mike fisher @fishsports
.@JDurant52 sources tell me, closing in on #Cowboys deal. Team captain. 3-position LB. Coaches love him. Good get. @1053thefan

Carter probably out then, if they can get Rolando back.

Also I guess we are looking at Greg Hardy of the Panthers.

Not great with all of the cap talk. The NFL cap confuses the hell out of me... But, it looks like if we can get Carr to restructure, restructure Tyron, a slight restructure of Romo (can't be huge because it will create a ton of dead money) we'll have a good amount of room.... Now if we can get a Dez deal done in the next week (doubt it), we'd be in great shape..

Also Demarco is pretty much gone.

They need to leave Romo alone don't restructure they can cut him after next season without dead money. Romo's number Next year drops 7 million.

Can't see hardy being a fit with JG right kind of guy attitude so if he comes it's because JJ made it happen

We could use Greg Hardy's services. I say let Murray go. Gordon in the draft is an awesome long term answer.

Gordon/Gurley=5 years for less money then Murray gets for 1

I like Murray great player but can't overpay for one great season

Was it a coincidence that his one year was on a contract year? If the tag number wasn't so high I would have rather tagged him

By the way... Cole World 4 year / $15 mil ($7.5mil guaranteed). Getting that deal done reduced his cap hit $800K according to Mike Fisher.

I LOVE the fact that we're close with Durant... I thought highly of dude after last season.. He's the far superior backer to Carter..

One thing I noticed in rewatching all of last year's games recently was how ACTIVE Durant was.. Particularly the Durant +McClain combo.. They were stingy and the whole defense was better and more aggressive with them on the field..

I hope McClain comes cheap, tho something tells me hitchens gets a starting role next year...Just a hunch.. tho I'd rather have McClain start and hitch be depth.

Love the Cole Beasley signing.. Sure handed and a guaranteed first down when romo looks his way.. Nice team friendly deal never hurts either..

I LOVE the fact that we're close with Durant... I thought highly of dude after last season.. He's the far superior backer to Carter..

One thing I noticed in rewatching all of last year's games recently was how ACTIVE Durant was.. Particularly the Durant +McClain combo.. They were stingy and the whole defense was better and more aggressive with them on the field..

I hope McClain comes cheap, tho something tells me hitchens gets a starting role next year...Just a hunch.. tho I'd rather have McClain start and hitch be depth.

Love the Cole Beasley signing.. Sure handed and a guaranteed first down when romo looks his way.. Nice team friendly deal never hurts either..

Beasley on the #Cowboys WR trio: "We all pull for each other. We're all real team guys. We don't care who's eating as long as one of us is."

Somebody here said Lee was moving to the OLB..... Is that still going to be the case?

Durant - McClain - Lee..... With Hitchens getting the backup snaps is damn good (provided "Glass Joe" can make it to Game 1), would allow more focus with the draft.

Last edited:
Beasley on the #Cowboys WR trio: "We all pull for each other. We're all real team guys. We don't care who's eating as long as one of us is."

Somebody here said Lee was moving to the OLB..... Is that still going to be the case?

Durant - McClain - Lee..... With Hitchens getting the backup snaps is damn good (provided "Glass Joe" can make it to Game 1), would allow more focus with the draft.

I think Lee moves outside even if Rolando doesn't come back then hitch plays inside

Would like Rolando back but he would have to be cheap

I think Lee moves outside even if Rolando doesn't come back then hitch plays inside

Would like Rolando back but he would have to be cheap

I remember reading earlier this year Stephen saying Lee would be moved to Sam.. Now this was in the middle of McCain's tear, but I agree that the move should be made with or without McClain..

Durant - McClain-lee and hitch as depth gives us an outstanding lb corps..

Got my fingers crossed for McClain man... I really liked the physicality he brought to the defense, plus I'm eager to see that lb corps together...would be causing all kinds of wreck.

I remember reading earlier this year Stephen saying Lee would be moved to Sam.. Now this was in the middle of McCain's tear, but I agree that the move should be made with or without McClain..

Durant - McClain-lee and hitch as depth gives us an outstanding lb corps..

Got my fingers crossed for McClain man... I really liked the physicality he brought to the defense, plus I'm eager to see that lb corps together...would be causing all kinds of wreck.

Sam really I thought he would go to the weak side with his coverage ability...

I've begun to think maybe he's (Lee) never the same and I hope I'm wrong but having hitch as insurance is great I do think they need another youngster as well

Last edited:
The last few days seeing Eagles fans rationalize the trade while singing mccoys praises back in November has me on in tears :lol:

Beasley signing is underrated. He came up big at the end of the season and in the playoffs.

Beasley brings up a point I've been stressing in regards to Murray. The team chemistry aspect is extremely underrated. These guys really enjoy playing for each other. Murray, DEz and Romo have a great relationship. Keeping Murray as long as it's not anything more than 6 mill would be a good thing. His pass protection is vastly underrated as well. I'm not for drafting a rookie RB that reads the blitz incorrectly and causes Romo to have another back surgery. Plus I feel like this team is similar to my Spurs team in 2013 that got robbed in the finals.

This team was 12-4 without a semblance of a pass rush in a very competitive NFC a conference. This team wants it bad especially Witten and DEz.

DEz still hasn't let "the catch" go :lol:

Last edited:
Keith Rivers signing = Ernie Simms part 2

Journeymen 1st round picks. I think the signing will be strictly for special team purposes. I still want Bruce Carter to be re-signed. Our LB core is unreal with Lee, McClain, Hitchens, Wilbur, etc. Rivers is a special teams signing though, IMO

Back
Top Bottom