THE OFFICIAL 2023 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Cowboys Gonna Cowboy

That's what I am saying zeke adds what 400 yards, maybe? For another 5.25 million nah I'm good give me a defensive playmaker with an attitude this team needs

Last edited:
With the backs in next year's draft maybe they're thinking Lynch at four if they can't get out of the spot and hope to be picking later in the round next year and can grab one of the better rb prospects that will come next season

Lynch at 4 is a massive gamble. I think Lynch can be good, but I'd just as well go Connor Cook in 2nd Round than going Lynch at 4.

Also think trading back at this point could be a fool's errand. The teams who desperately wanted to trade up already have, and as draft comes, and you find more guys you like, your picks become more valuable, and the team trading up will try to trade less.

QB (Did not do Goff or Wentz)
DE
FS

are done

Need to do
RB
DT
DB

Hopefully can get it done by Tuesday. Have about 12-15 for each of them.

Lynch at 4 is a massive gamble. I think Lynch can be good, but I'd just as well go Connor Cook in 2nd Round than going Lynch at 4.

Also think trading back at this point could be a fool's errand. The teams who desperately wanted to trade up already have, and as draft comes, and you find more guys you like, your picks become more valuable, and the team trading up will try to trade less.

I'm with you but I also think all QB'S are a huge gamble and if it's true scouts see him having the highest ceiling dallas would be the perfect spot for him. Being able to sit for the majority of two seasons behind a vet, and maybe even getting some playing time with an injury. I'm far from all in on the Lynch train but if they see Ramsey as a CB only he probably isn't their pick at 4.

Also did you ever take a look at Mitch Matthew's he may be a late round steal for whoever takes him

I have it as Ramsey, Bosa, Buckner and then Elliot. Then after that is anyone's guess.

Think there is a 0% chance it's Lynch unless we trade back.

Now if he's there round 2. Increasingly unlikely, but if he's there. Almost certain he's the pick.

Haven't looked at him, but I'll give him a look.

Last edited:
I have it as Ramsey, Bosa, Buckner and then Elliot. Then after that is anyone's guess.

Think there is a 0% chance it's Lynch unless we trade back.

Now if he's there round 2. Increasingly unlikely, but if he's there. Almost certain he's the pick.

Haven't looked at him, but I'll give him a look.

I'd probably take Hargreaves ahead of zeke and Floyd above bosa since he put on the weight necessary to play end but that's the list for me so I'm sure they won't take any of them and I'll think wow on Thursday

Yeah dudes Eric decker with reported 4.3 (doubt he runs a 4.3 probably 4.4 range) speed and a 38in vertical if he could run routes I'd raise my comp up a bit. byu seemed to have a very basic route tree for him, not sure if that's their offense or he just lacks ability to run other routes. And he's 6'5" with a huge catch radius that made up for horrible quarterback play. All solid attributes for a late round project with a high ceiling but not sure where his floor is at

Mike Silver of SI said Chargers are looking at Stanley & Tunsil really closely at 3.

If true, we have our pick of Ramsey, Bosa, Buckner or Elliott at 4. Which is absolutely a great problem to have. Any position of need we get to pick the # 1 prospect from it.

Last edited:
I have the day off. That's all that matters :lol:
There's just too much hype behind Jalen.
Where do y'all rank him in DB's entering the draft within the last 10 years?

I have the day off. That's all that matters :lol:
There's just too much hype behind Jalen.
Where do y'all rank him in DB's entering the draft within the last 10 years?

I don't see him as a DB. Has the ability and would be good at DB, but would be great at FS.

CBS compares him to Tyran Mathieu
NFL compares him to Sean Smith
Yahoo compares him to Patrick Peterson

Really hope there isn't a trade down. Elliot is pretty much guaranteed to be there. And Ramsey could too. If we get either one of them I'll be ecstatic.

Been reading that the pick will either be Ramsey or Zeke, dependent on if the Chargers take Ramsey. Im happy either way with that.

I just hope we take Zeke or Ramsey. If we take Zeke, I will be pleased. I like Zeke because he's durable, and only 20 years old. Once Romo retires, Zeke will be a 3rd or 4th year veteran so, Romo's, replacement will have a RB to lean on. PLUS, I like run-pass balance, which will keep our defense fresh.

On the flipside, I like Jalen because of his range, athleticisms, and ferocity. BUT, we are deep in the secondary (O-Dawg, Mo, Jones, Carr). With our early 2nd, (If Paxton Lynch is gone) we could take Artie Burns, Karl Joseph, Mac Alexander, or the other Clemson DB) This draft is deep at DB.

All I know is, at 4, I want Jalen or Zeke. What they both have in common are clean track records, no red flags, and they both love the game.

As much as we need Ramsey, I'm starting to lean towards Zeke now ..
Yea I'm in the same mindset. The 2014-15 season was the blueprint, all we got to do is follow that. As good as the team clicked when our run game was on point, we as fans cant help but want that again by getting a more durable Murray aka Zeke.

With that considered, Im hoping SD grabs Ramsey...

Last edited:
We are not deep in the secondary.. Saying we have Scandrick, Mo, Carr & Byron is not deep. It ends up disappointing.

Mo & Carr have been below average for a few years. But okay backups. Scandrick is good, but he's not a true #1 corner.

Byron is best suited at the SS. But he does provide flexibility because he can switch back and forth. But it's best to only break that glass in case of emergency. Keep him where he was playing best at.. And that's SS.

With Jalen that provides that same flexibility that Byron gives us from the other side. That is so immensely valuable.

If you consider Ramsey simply a DB (I don't), he's by far the best one in the draft. Hargreaves is the next closest, and they might as well not be in the same league.

Also our run game was really good last year. McFadden was a top 5 running back, all while not starting/playing much to start the season. Team wise, they were 9th in the league. Only 10 less first downs by rushing from 2014 to 2015.

Where the run was stymied was because the Pass Attack was 27th, and 26th in passing 1st Downs... That really hurts the run because 1. We couldn't extend drives when it became 2nd or 3rd and long. But we also were not getting to the red zone either, where we could push it in on the run. 24th in red zone attempts per game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom