THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 2 - 2 Next game 10/6 @ Steelers Sunday Night Football

Here we go again with this timetable crap, Nick foles made it back in 8 weeks with the same injury...

I actually still think we have a shot at the division, if we can get Romo back for the thanksgiving game, or Washington the week after.

I think we can take one from Falcons or Saints...

Both are horrid defenses. Probably in the bottom 5, were 10 worst, and both let over 300+ Total Offense Yards. Two straight weeks of getting lit up, Saints got lit up by a team that looked like a cluster muck in Week 1.

We'll lose to the Patriots in Week 5.

Then have a bye. Dez comes back.

Giants week 7,
Seahawks week 8,
Eagles week 9,
Bucs week 10,
Dolphins week 11,
Panthers week 12.

Without Romo, Seahawks & Panthers are definite losses. I'll assume Dolphins as a 55/45 chance of loss. So we need to beat two of Giants, Eagles & the worst team last year Bucs.

Is 5-6 really that far out of the realm of possibility after 11 games, and Romo comes back? And at 5-6. I think that is maybe a game behind 1st

Last edited:
Let's not jump to conclusions guys... weeden can be a competent game manager type qb and our D and run game can lead the way.

Let's take it 1 game at a time. No game is a definite loss or win

Don't forget we get Hardy and Mcclain back in a few weeks and then Gregory shortly after. Our defense looks like it might be top 10 this year.

Let's not jump to conclusions guys... weeden can be a competent game manager type qb and our D and run game can lead the way.

Let's take it 1 game at a time. No game is a definite loss or win

I mean the Pats game has to be.

I get what you're saying. But no Romo, no Dez. Can't do it.

Last edited:
Tough loss with Romo.

Its crazy that we are playing so 'good' in the sense that we are controlling the ball and clock, yet we cant execute and score touchdowns early.

The D is doing good.

LOL at murray's game.

D has to step up and continue to play at high level as well as the ST. We need to get this run game going as too.

IF Weeden can manage the game and limit turning the ball over, we'll be ok until guys start coming back.

We came into the season with so much promise and momentum :smh: ... all I hope is we can overcome adversity and turn water into wine.

1 game at a time fellas, #WeStillDemBoyz #CowboysNation :pimp:

I'm fine with Weeden for now. That felt disgusting saying it out loud.

He's good enough to get us a couple wins in the time Hardy, McClain, Gregory, Dez & Leary are out.

Just need to bridge ourselves the next 9 games with Romo out (I'm just assuming 10 weeks) with 3-4 wins.

5-6 or better and we're still in it or at the top of Division.

Need a 3rd string guy for half a season though.

Last edited:
im down for having RG3 for the next 9 weeks while we run 95% of our plays, once the squad is back its gonna be 
nthat.gif

I'm not worried yet, although Romo goin down without a decent backup is/was my biggest fear.

I believe the Cowboys coaches will tailor a gameplan for Weeden which should shouldn't incluse a pass for over 20 yards unless the receivers are in one on one coverage. Also will include alot of screen passes and short passes to Dunbar and Beasley. We only need Weeden to drive the bus and if he can do so without turning the ball over then great.

Our Defense will probably be our best offense at this point, and as long as they can provide adequate pressure on Ryan and and pray the our secondary can keep up with Julio Jones, we can still win.

LOL at Rg3 talks and a greater LOL at tim Tebow talks... it's weeden or bust boys... and Kellen Moore will be the number 2.

He worked with Linehan in Detroit and he speaks highly of him.

LOL at Rg3 talks and a greater LOL at tim Tebow talks... it's weeden or bust boys... and Kellen Moore will be the number 2.

He worked with Linehan in Detroit and he speaks highly of him.
agreed.... 

was really worried but seeing as how the east is so bad i think we'll manage. 

All I know is we definitely need a QB and RB in the draft.

Our RBs are good receiving backs that's for sure, but as traditional backs They need to do much much better to make me unworried.

We average 3.4 yards per carry.

Last edited:
The backs have not been that bad IMO

just OK but do the job, Randle made something out of nothing on alot of runs yesterday and Darren had some good burst on a couple runs.

CMike should get "unleashed" next week or so as well and he has really been turning heads in practice and gets rave reviews from Michael Irwin.

Those 2 positions should still be on the radar next year though I don't disagree

Back
Top Bottom